• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

RexNovis

Banned
How do you do this?

Basically you assign Digimon to a farm. They receive bonus stats when the farm is set to training mode based on both their personality and the personality of the Digimon you designate as leader. For example Brainy=int Fighter=ATK etc. you can further increase these stats but placing items in the farm (i.e. Study room for Int, treadmill for speed etc). you can buy token to change a Digimons personality and also Buy limiters to reduce existing bonus stats from the store in the Eden entrance area.

The max amount of bonus stats are determined by their ABI value. Max bonus stats = (ABI/2)+50

It is a bit confusing at first but once you get a grasp on how it works you should be able to tailor specific bonus stats fairly easily.

Prelude.

I think I'm missing something about the farm training.
2016-03-29-215724uhreh.jpg

I need 130 DEF to digivolve so I put him in the farm and set as a leader a defender. DEF went up the first training session (115->122) but now it's stuck there.
What's wrong with that? ABI is 30 so I should get 15+50 stats if I understand correctly.
How do I have to interpret the white numbers? And does CAM matter? Do they increase if it's at 0%?

Lexxism

I need 130 DEF to digivolve so I put him in the farm and set as a leader a defender. DEF went up the first training session (115->122) but now it's stuck there.
What's wrong with that? ABI is 30 so I should get 15+50 stats if I understand correctly.
How do I have to interpret the white numbers? And does CAM matter? Do they increase if it's at 0%?
Because you have bonus stat on others stats. +7 in ATK, INT and SPD, +130 HP and +18 on SP. Use the restraint items to remove those bonus stats and you will be able to increase your + in def.

Tusk

You could just level him up 8 levels, would probably be faster

Prelude.

Because you have bonus stat on others stats. +7 in ATK, INT and SPD, +130 HP and +18 on SP. Use the restraint items to remove those bonus stats and you will be able to increase your + in def.
Wow, I didn't see the HP and SP bonus AT ALL.
But yeah, now that I noticed them I see how it works. I assume 130 hp are 13 points so 13+18+7+13+7+7=65 which is 30/2+50 max points. Thanks.
You could just level him up 8 levels, would probably be faster
No, not right now, at least. I'm at chapter 15.

RexNovis

Banned
No, not right now, at least. I'm at chapter 15.

If you get your self a PlatinumNumemon/Sukemon or two you should be able to level incredibly fast no matter what your current chapter is. Each one multiples your exp by x2 and you can also equip them with tactician USBs for even more exp bonuses. With 2 Plat numemons and 6 tactician USBs I was leveling up 15+ times per battle with Ultimate form digimon in chapter 9.

Prelude.

If you get your self a PlatinumNumemon/Sukemon or two you should be able to level incredibly fast no matter what your current chapter is. Each one multiples your exp by x2 and you can also equip them with tactician USBs for even more exp bonuses. With 2 Plat numemons and 6 tactician USBs I was leveling up 15+ times per battle with Ultimate form digimon in chapter 9.
Yeah, I know, but I don't want to break the game.
I used a platinumsukemon until now and since I just got a tactician usb I think I'll just switch to that.

So about them DLC bosses

Lucemon Chaos Mode? Party recommendations? Dudes speed is redunkuless and he just spams those highlevel spells.

Jesmon/Craniummon can help since they have moves that can make them invulnerable until their next turn. A MarineAngemon is fine too... wait no. That's for the next part.

Get Vaccines and some piercers.

Jesmon/Craniummon can help since they have moves that can make them invulnerable until their next turn. A MarineAngemon is fine too... wait no. That's for the next part.

Get Vaccines and some piercers.

is he the hardest of the seven? I mean Lucemon vanilla was meh than chaos mode proceeded to wipe everyone :(

is he the hardest of the seven? I mean Lucemon vanilla was meh than chaos mode proceeded to wipe everyone :(

It is a battle of attrition. You can't hurt him until his final breath. He has to kill himself as much as possible, you're stuck being on the defensive the entire time.

RexNovis

Banned
So about them DLC bosses

Lucemon Chaos Mode? Party recommendations? Dudes speed is redunkuless and he just spams those highlevel spells.

Get you a MarineAngemon with status gaurd and Safety gaurd. Hands down best Digimon. Saved my ass more times than I can count in in all the DLC content. He's the perfect healer for two of the aforementioned mon's phases.

RexNovis

Banned
...hmm well I guess I have work to do.

Luckily it shouldn't take terribly long :)

Easiest way to learn status guard is via Houomon (sp?)

Basically piximon to Houomon lvl until status guard then devolve back to piximon and then evolve to MarineAngemon

It's also important to note MarineAngemons special ability is a massive party heal that eliminates all status effects. It's op as fuck. And his passive ability restores SP after each turn. Seriously he's the best.

Chapter 18 and 19 dayuuum.

I managed to get like 4 tactician usbs while going through the latter chapter. I was on top of the world. And then I got Ophanimon, Lilithmon and Lucemon which was even more awesome.

Master Cup on Hard mode is just too much for now. It forces you to use UlforceVeedramon, 3x piercer, Gankoomon, someone to poison V.V and character reversal. And even then Dianamon heals faster than physical virus Grass attacks/pierce deal. Honestly, I’ll try Hard mode Master Cup later, I’ll just do it now on Normal. I was able to beat Great Challenges on Hard but Master Cup is bullshit. I dont recommend Hard Mode on post game or Great Challenges, unless you like to be forced to use specific Digimon…

I’ll try Demon Lord DLC for Hard Mode however, I need to see if they are worse than Master Cup Hard.

Ydelnae

I finished the game yesterday. The last hour was a disappointment.
Visiting the Digital World was nice, but what's the deal with the final dungeon being just a hallway? And the protagonists bringing Suedou with them and him fusing with the mother eater was just lame. I liked the rest of the ending, though.

I would love to see another Digimon Story game made by Media.Vision. Now I just have to complete the remaining great challenges and the sins DLC.

Great Challenge 8 on Hard Mode… Beat it on first try. Also didnt even need Jesmon or Craniummon. XD

Of course I still ”cheated” and had Gankoomon to stall few turns. So yeah, Gankoomon is very usefull for Great Challenge 8.

Master Cup on Normal was also easy, beat it on first try. I even was able to use my original ingame team! I didnt have to use Ulforce, Lillith or Gankoomon, that was nice. Omegamon and last round were hardest ones for sure. I do wonder how broken Omegamon is on Hard Mode since on Normal he was already 2-shotting me…

Just gotta finish Demon Lords now. This game has been a blast althought Hard Mode is balanced awfully. Beginning can be nightmare and after midpoint bosses become really hard. And postgame stuff is bullshit to the max.

Maybe after Ive done everything I’ll try Master Cup on Hard again…

Taruranto

Man, hard mode really doesn't feel so good. Most battle turn into battles of attrition more than anything. Normal mode on other hand it's way too easy.

Kinda wish the game had bigger dungeons too. In general, I wish the game had less story and was something similar to SMT3.

RalchAC

Man, hard mode really doesn't feel so good. Most battle turn into battles of attrition more than anything. Normal mode on other hand it's way too easy.

Kinda wish the game had bigger dungeons too. In general, I wish the game had less story and was something similar to SMT3.

I've been having the same problem, at least with the first part.

Hard more felt a bit too grindy and is not that satisfying. But, at the same time, I felt there is something wrong with the game when my Lilithmon decreased the HP bar of
Examon by half in one attack

After the first few hours I felt that pacing was good enough. I think some of the Nintendo DS games had a lighter story and more dungeon crawling

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm still a little confused about this. Is there any benefit to leveling a digimon to its max before digivolving in terms of min-maxing, abi, or skill retention? Or should I just digivolve as soon as the requirements are met?

RexNovis

Banned
So I'm still a little confused about this. Is there any benefit to leveling a digimon to its max before digivolving in terms of min-maxing, abi, or skill retention? Or should I just digivolve as soon as the requirements are met?

You get a bit more ABI if you max them out but aside from that no you need only evolve them to the point where they can be evolved. You get lots more ABI for higher levels when dedigivolving though.

cwistofu

I really wanted to like this game and I gave it an honest 30 hours but I think I'm done.

The story is average, which would be fine, but the writing (or translation?) is so lazy and uninspired that I really just don't care about EDEN. The sometimes silent sometimes verbal protag is weird as hell. Kyoko somehow knows all my friends and where they are at all times, and whenever she sends me on a mission she calls me halfway through vaguely saying she found the same info I just did. She's one of the most shallow and plot devicey characters I've ever seen in a game. None of the other characters really stand out.

Story/writing would be fine if the gameplay was fun but battles are about as straightforward as you get. Use your most powerful attacks until you win. This is true of all JRPGs, but this game never really changes it up. There are a million digimon and you beat them all the exact same way.

Digivolving is the most interesting part of the game, but after 30 hours I'm just sick of the grind to digivolve and dedigivolve just to get a Digimon that I'll end up having to do the same thing to to get to the next level. This is the grindiest game I've played in awhile, and there's no story motivation to keep me going.

Also, "go talk to this guy in another area to unlock the ability to accept his mission back on the billboard to have it teleport you back to that guy you just talked to to start the mission" is mind-bogglingly bad game design.

Not trying to bash, I guess I just had high hopes for this game. Glad other people are enjoying it and hopefully we get more, better Digimon games in the future thanks to strong sales. But for me, it's time to move on.

Taruranto

I really wanted to like this game and I gave it an honest 30 hours but I think I'm done.

The story is average, which would be fine, but the writing (or translation?) is so lazy and uninspired that I really just don't care about EDEN. The sometimes silent sometimes verbal protag is weird as hell. Kyoko somehow knows all my friends and where they are at all times, and whenever she sends me on a mission she calls me halfway through vaguely saying she found the same info I just did. She's one of the most shallow and plot devicey characters I've ever seen in a game. None of the other characters really stand out.

Story/writing would be fine if the gameplay was fun but battles are about as straightforward as you get. Use your most powerful attacks until you win. This is true of all JRPGs, but this game never really changes it up. There are a million digimon and you beat them all the exact same way.

Digivolving is the most interesting part of the game, but after 30 hours I'm just sick of the grind to digivolve and dedigivolve just to get a Digimon that I'll end up having to do the same thing to to get to the next level. This is the grindiest game I've played in awhile, and there's no story motivation to keep me going.

Also, "go talk to this guy in another area to unlock the ability to accept his mission back on the billboard to have it teleport you back to that guy you just talked to to start the mission" is mind-bogglingly bad game design.

Not trying to bash, I guess I just had high hopes for this game. Glad other people are enjoying it and hopefully we get more, better Digimon games in the future thanks to strong sales. But for me, it's time to move on.

Eh, I don't think you complaints are wrong.

Personally, I think the lack of console turned based RPG, especially on PS4, helped people overlooking several of the game flaws.

I'm enjoying the game, but several times I couldn't help but think there are glaring issues with the gameplay and the story.

Lagamorph

Chapter 19 question.
Is going to the Digital World a point of no return? The game asks if I have anything left to do, which sounds like JRPG point of no return talk, but doesn't explicitly say I can't come back.

I also still haven't got a single Tactician USB. Nothing from development (is it definitely the one thousand Yen option?) and none found, but several people seemed to say the game had given them several through normal gameplay by this point.

Taruranto

Chapter 19 question.
Is going to the Digital World a point of no return? The game asks if I have anything left to do, which sounds like JRPG point of no return talk, but doesn't explicitly say I can't come back.

I also still haven't got a single Tactician USB. Nothing from development (is it definitely the one thousand Yen option?) and none found, but several people seemed to say the game had given them several through normal gameplay by this point.

You gotta save-scum them.

Considering how annoying save scumming was for Medals, I never wanted to save scum Tacticians from farms. Also there is easier way.

Platinumnumemons drop them all the time (atleast in Hard Mode) when you fight them. So try to grind them in Tokio Metropolitan building where Platnumemon is rare enemy. While they are rare, they arent that rare. Also Legendary cup 8th round has them. I actually met Platnumemons quite a lot times during grindings.

Lagamorph

Ended up with 6 Tactician USBs in about an hour after all that.
Got one from Victory Uchida in Chapter 19
Development finally gave me two at once
Then got another three from farming the Legendary Cup

Finally managed to get on with the Great Challenges, so beat the first 7, which finally let me Digivolve Onmimon Zwart and Examon.
Now working on Digivolving Lucemon, along with getting Chaosmon and Belphemon RM.

Need to progress more with the story to unlock Great Challenge 8 though, so that I can Digivolve my Imperialdramon DM.

RalchAC

I'm at Chapter 19 right now. Some stuff.

- Can anybody that has solved all cases tell me how many there are? You can see those in the character stats tab.
- Trying to evolve Lucemon is a damn nightmare. At level 99, he has like 100 ATK and 160 Speed. And you need 180 in each of those stats to evolve him. Some heavy Digifarm training awaits me. The worst part is that I'm not interested in using him all that much :l
- Is there any guide for the "Someone's property" sidequests? I haven't had much problems with most of those, but when I had to look for said item in Shibuya's dungeon I couldn't find it. That thing is a fucking labyrinth.

Eh, I don't think you complaints are wrong.

Personally, I think the lack of console turned based RPG, especially on PS4, helped people overlooking several of the game flaws.

I'm enjoying the game, but several times I couldn't help but think there are glaring issues with the gameplay and the story.

I haven't completed the game, but once I do it I will post some impressions. I really like the game, but it definitely has some issues.

Zhao_Yun

So I reached a certain point in Chapter 19.
Just defeated Leopardmon. Is it advised to finish the story before tackling all the royal knights quests or should I do it the other way around?

ZeroX03

Banned
So I reached a certain point in Chapter 19.
Just defeated Leopardmon. Is it advised to finish the story before tackling all the royal knights quests or should I do it the other way around?

Side quests/DLC quests are harder than the final boss, so it's up to you.

Zhao_Yun

Man, the final boss on Hard...
In his last phase he just starts with 6 turns in a row and completely annihilates my party. Replacements get killed before I can even do a thing with them since he can attack 6 times before it's their turn -.-

got the $38 amazon price pricematched at BB this weekend. Just starting out and i have no idea who 90% of these digimon are. In chapter 3 and im not sure what I should be looking out for

Nothing is missable.Just play.Experiment.

Not completely true. Some medals are still missable. May not be a problem for some, but I missed them, and didn't feel like going through the whole game again to get them once again.

Generally though, experimenting with evolution is the main point of the game ^^

Man, the final boss on Hard...
In his last phase he just starts with 6 turns in a row and completely annihilates my party. Replacements get killed before I can even do a thing with them since he can attack 6 times before it's their turn -.-

Hard at end game is just blatantly not fair at times. I moved it back to normal at chapter 18/19, and it was much better. At end game, the game has finally caught up I feel like, and it's not as easy to steam roll the game as it was at the beginning especially stuff like the final tournament which I imagine is borderline impossible on hard.

Not completely true. Some medals are still missable. May not be a problem for some, but I missed them, and didn't feel like going through the whole game again to get them once again.

Hard at end game is just blatantly not fair at times. I moved it back to normal at chapter 18/19, and it was much better. At end game, the game has finally caught up I feel like, and it's not as easy to steam roll the game as it was at the beginning especially stuff like the final tournament which I imagine is borderline impossible on hard.
With the free DLC none of the medals are missable. There are absolutely no missable things in the game.

The only missable ones were the Demon lord ones which can be earned via the dlc now afaik.

With the free DLC none of the medals are missable. There are absolutely no missable things in the game.

The only missable ones were the Demon lord ones which can be earned via the dlc now afaik.

...I'm a little late on that then.

Damn, wish I had waited on then. I started a NG+ to get the medals I missed, and now I have to until chapter 19 to unlock the last gacha.

Sorry about my confusion :x

Top Bottom