• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Prelude.

I'm not sure I understand how the savescum thing works. Do you just save right before the timer hits, wait for the timer to hit, check it, and reload if it's not the right case?
Yeah, you time the save a few secs before you get notified by the digiline (it keeps going even when you're in the menu) so that when you load, the timer goes off immediately. The annoying part is that you can't load ingame so it's: boot the game->skip all the splash screens->load the save->check if you got the case->if not, close the game->boot the game and so on. It takes like 20 seconds (on Vita) but all the steps make it super annoying.

I'm using that hagurumon sidequest dungeon for some grinding, but does that quest go away after a while if you don't finish it? If it does I'd rather turn it in before it expires.

Prelude.

Great, i won't pick up that shiny then. Thanks! But are there other quests locked until I complete this one or are they all independent from each other?
Is it a green case? The yellow/blue cases are sidequests and each one has its own spot, the green cases have a limited space (8 slots) and you can get them at any time.

That early in the game you can't grind with tac USB's and that's the best spot to do it if you want to get your favourite mons. However,it breaks the game until late game if you don't limit their levels.

SOLDIER

Can someone give me a winning strategy against the Chapter 11 boss (on Hard)?

My strongest Digimon get curb-stomped by the halfway point with its AOE, even though I have a Digimon with the Prevent Sleep skill.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can someone give me a winning strategy against the Chapter 11 boss (on Hard)?

My strongest Digimon get curb-stomped by the halfway point with its AOE, even though I have a Digimon with the Prevent Sleep skill.

I spammed speed down and burned it asap,

one mon giving my strongest boost chips / healing / clensing

one slowing

one attacking

That fight sucks

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What's the quickest way to get a Devimon? Hoping to go with a trio of Ange's and Devi.
It takes a bit to run across them but the little claw in training ones turn into him.

Devimon and gatomon are literally all you need til the half way point of the game too. Basically keep a Gato and devi at all times then have your others go past champion.

They negate some of the hardest early game fights that are super tedious on hard

So is there any chance that the pre-order Digimon will become available again? I've had this on the PS4 since launch and I've had plans to buy a Vita for awhile now and I just kinda assumed that since I had the DLC on the PS4, it would carry over to the Vita too. This apparently isn't the case. I've been wanting to be able to play this in a portable format but if I'm going to be blocked out of a bunch of Digimon and if this also makes cross saving impossible, it kinda kills any interest I had to buy the game a second time. Pre-order DLC just sucks all around, especially if it's going to screw up the functionality between the two versions. I wish they'd just put the pre-order mons up to buy for a few dollars and call it a day. I'd gladly pay it to be able to get all the Digimon on both versions.

I had the DLC on the PS4, it would carry over to the Vita too. This apparently isn't the case. I've been wanting to be able to play this in a portable format but if I'm going to be blocked out of a bunch of Digimon and if this also makes cross saving impossible, it kinda kills any interest

What do you mean? did you try to load a save with the dlc digimon on a non day1 vita version and screwed something?
Because I'm in the same team then, I got ps4 with 1day dlc, and was planing to buy the vita version this weekend.
Are you saying that the cross save will not load because the vita one doesn't have the day one dlc?

What do you mean? did you try to load a save with the dlc digimon on a non day1 vita version and screwed something?
Because I'm in the same team then, I got ps4 with 1day dlc, and was planing to buy the vita version this weekend.
Are you saying that the cross save will not load because the vita one doesn't have the day one dlc?
Yes, that is the case. Although I read somewhere that they're still giving the dlc out on eu psn.
So is there any chance that the pre-order Digimon will become available again? I've had this on the PS4 since launch and I've had plans to buy a Vita for awhile now and I just kinda assumed that since I had the DLC on the PS4, it would carry over to the Vita too. This apparently isn't the case. I've been wanting to be able to play this in a portable format but if I'm going to be blocked out of a bunch of Digimon and if this also makes cross saving impossible, it kinda kills any interest I had to buy the game a second time. Pre-order DLC just sucks all around, especially if it's going to screw up the functionality between the two versions. I wish they'd just put the pre-order mons up to buy for a few dollars and call it a day. I'd gladly pay it to be able to get all the Digimon on both versions.
The themes are awesome as well, bn haven't said why they aren't selling them, seems like easy money. Maybe they're planning to wait a couple months after launch.

Yes, that is the case. Although I read somewhere that they're still giving the dlc out on eu psn.

Oh crap, my account in vita is US (as well in PS4), so I can't get the eu version in vita because is single user =(. A friend got it yesterday on PS4 and it didn't get the day 1 dlc.

So, Is 100% sure that if I got the game in vita without the day 1 dlc, I have to start the game from scratch?
I don't want to waste 50hs =(, or the game+ ?

Oh crap, my account in vita is US (as well in PS4), so I can't get the eu version in vita because is single user =(. A friend got it yesterday on PS4 and it didn't get the day 1 dlc.

So, Is 100% sure that if I got the game in vita without the day 1 dlc, I have to start the game from scratch?
I don't want to waste 50hs =(, or the game+ ?
Yeah, there was a bug at launch as well where the dlcs were different across the two platforms so it didn't work at all, it gives you an error saying the dlc is missing.

Oh ok, thank's so much for clarifying that, I guess I will not get the vita version, there is no point now since I will not be using it.
Same thing happen with the metal gear 5, where your load doesn't work in another PS4 if it doesn't have the dlc activated on that account as well.

Really weird decision though

Oh ok, thank's so much for clarifying that, I guess I will not get the vita version, there is no point now since I will not be using it.
Thame thing happen with the metal gear 5, where your load doesn't work in another PS4 if it doesn't have the dlc activated on that account as well.

Really weird decision though

Yeah, it was annoying af at release. Double so now that you can't get the dlc.

Prelude.

I just lost about 1 hour of colosseum battles because it got stuck on the "looking for an opponent" screen. Fucking amazing.
I was 2 or 3 battles away from 30.

pariah164

Just bought the game because of the sale. I have no idea what I'm doing, and what I am doing is probably wrong, but I am having a lot of fun with it.

PaulLFC

Rented this and enjoyed the couple of hours I've put into it so far, so I bought it while it's on sale. The PSN version seems to come with a "Beginner Head Start" pack, but do I need to start a new game for the included stuff to register?

I loaded my disc version save and went to the Digibank and I don't see Black Agumon or Gabumon available - I don't seem to have any extra items either from the "useful item set" whatever that includes.

Edit: After some more reading around it seems they don't just appear and I haven't yet reached the area where I collect them. Problem solved!

Finally finished this game. A bit under 71 hours because I tried to do everything before finishing, but then just finished it anyway when I found out it doesn't force you into NG+ when you beat it.

Time to go for that platinum!

Voror

In Chapter 15 at around 102 hours right now, largely due to spending a lot time grinding Digimon with certain abilities. Think I'll just go through it now at this point because I hear one of the last areas is best for this and by that point I should have access to everyone in the Royal Knights, though I already have a number of the Demon Lords already.

Coming back to this cause I want to wrap up the Plat so I can delete it and free up some space.
Two trophies left. Guess which two.
Fuck these medals. And the colosseum. 8 wins to go.

Is Golgnumemon the one that gives more experiences when you "feed" it to other one? because I notice that that one gives fair enough experience compared to "next to nothing" that usually gives that option.

Is Golgnumemon the one that gives more experiences when you "feed" it to other one? because I notice that that one gives fair enough experience compared to "next to nothing" that usually gives that option.
You don't really need to feed digimon in this game, evolve your gold numemon to platinum numemon. It gives more experience to the party.
I don't think I fed any digimon in this game o_O. I did on the DS ones though. It felt like such a waste though.

You don't really need to feed digimon in this game, evolve your gold numemon to platinum numemon. It gives more experience to the party.
I don't think I fed any digimon in this game o_O. I did on the DS ones though. It felt like such a waste though.

Actually I never feed anyone yet, but I notice messing around that that one gives some more experience, and I'm a little tired of grinding, but I'll try to evolve it then. Does it gives more xp even when it's not active in battle?

Actually I never feed anyone yet, but I notice messing around that that one gives some more experience, and I'm a little tired of grinding, but I'll try to evolve it then. Does it gives more xp even when it's not active in battle?

It needs to be active at the end of the battle, every digimon has their own skill which only activates when they're in the battle. The best way to get platinum numemon is via gold numemon since he can warp digivolve into him. Platinum sukamon does the same thing but he's not a mega and holds less items - tactician USB's can be developed on the farm which stack with plat numemon/sukamons effects. Google it and you'll probably get a ton of results, just remember to keep a team around the same level as what you have now and slowly level them up, so the game doesn't get boring.

This has probably already been answered, but do the medal trophies only unlock if you have all the medals with you... or do they include the ones given to Medal Man?

All right, thanks. The trophies unlock without having to give them to Medal Man though because I got the trophies from 50 to 300 medals without ever talking to him.

Oh, that's pretty cool. I think the trophy guide said something like, if you hand them in and keep using one machine until you have 30 medals you know you have all of them for that machine then, rather than having to check each roll. Might be easier that way, I stopped after like two machines, I'll come back to it one day -_-.

It needs to be active at the end of the battle, every digimon has their own skill which only activates when they're in the battle. The best way to get platinum numemon is via gold numemon since he can warp digivolve into him. Platinum sukamon does the same thing but he's not a mega and holds less items - tactician USB's can be developed on the farm which stack with plat numemon/sukamons effects. Google it and you'll probably get a ton of results, just remember to keep a team around the same level as what you have now and slowly level them up, so the game doesn't get boring.

I follow your advice, thanks!, and I got 3 shinny metal poops =D, also I got 2 tacticians USB for now, I also got p numemon, but it uses to much ram and I don't have too many tacticias USB for now, anyway I'm using 2 sukamons at the same time because with 3 the fights gets too long.

Anyway, I already got Mastemon(I think I regret this one, I was happier with ladyDevimon and angewomon), Imperialdramon, and one more master that I don't remember now. I'm going for Lucemon now, but I think I will continue a little with the history, too much grinding for now. I'm in chapter 18 or something.

If a digimon is at max lv (99), does it increase its stats in the farm?
I have a tokomon at lv99 with 129 int and I need 130 for Lucemon.

Ups: sorry for the double post.

Got every single medal from a Gacha machine. 434/500 total. I hate this so much lol
If a digimon is at max lv (99), does it increase its stats in the farm?
I have a tokomon at lv99 with 129 int and I need 130 for Lucemon.

Ups: sorry for the double post.

I've used feed items to increase stats of level 99s inside farms.

SoulUnison

Banned
Why can't I find a decent explanation of how the different stats come into play in damage calculations anywhere?

Is ATK Physical attacks and INT "Magic" attacks?
I read one person say ATK is ONLY for the "Attack" command and INT is all "Skills," Physical or Magic... But that doesn't feel right.

What does ABI actually do?

None of the in-game tutorials or NPCs I've talked to have explained any of these yet.

SMK

Why can't I find a decent explanation of how the different stats come into play in damage calculations anywhere?

Is ATK Physical attacks and INT "Magic" attacks?
I read one person say ATK is ONLY for the "Attack" command and INT is all "Skills," Physical or Magic... But that doesn't feel right.

What does ABI actually do?

None of the in-game tutorials or NPCs I've talked to have explained any of these yet.

ATK is for any physical special attack and the basic attack.

INT is for any magical special attack and healing. It also effects magic defense like the Special stat in Gen 1 Pokemon.

The stats are pretty straight forward, and they do explain what ABI is, but they call it abilities in the tutorial. ABI effects the maximum bonus points earnable from training at the farm.

SoulUnison

Banned
ATK is for any physical special attack and the basic attack.

INT is for any magical special attack and healing. It also effects magic defense like the Special stat in Gen 1 Pokemon.

The stats are pretty straight forward, and they do explain what ABI is, but they call it abilities in the tutorial. ABI effects the maximum bonus points earnable from training at the farm.

Thank you, that's everything I needed to know to start really enjoying the game.

Thanks guys! Appreciate it :)

Loving the game by the way. Was really surprised by the quality of the game, and much more mature than i expected it to be. Interesting story, great gameplay, and the quality is done better than most JRPG games.

Top Bottom