• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
After waiting for three months, my local library finally got this for me! Now I only have 6 days to beat the game, is it doable in around 18 hours? If not I can rent it again but it will probably take around a month to come back to me and by then Overwatch will be out. :/

Lagamorph

After waiting for three months, my local library finally got this for me! Now I only have 6 days to beat the game, is it doable in around 18 hours? If not I can rent it again but it will probably take around a month to come back to me and by then Overwatch will be out. :/
Even skipping side content entirely (which I don't recommend) 18 hours is pushing it really.
I'd probably say 20-25 minimum.

Yeah... This game is a jrpg it's not supposed to be rushed through it'll be 40 hours + if you skip endgame and just play . Tbh just buy it if you like it enough.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is the English asian vita version okay? I want it physical on vita and this is an option. But I don't know if it's a good option.

Jimm

Is the English asian vita version okay? I want it physical on vita and this is an option. But I don't know if it's a good option.

I'm currently playing that version 8.5 hours in. It's in full English, game and trophy list, no issues at all :)

From what I hear it's great. At launch it was the lesser choice because the digital game came with some good DLC but now that the DLC is gone there's no issue going physical!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Where's the best place to get it? I do know a local store near me has it for like 79 canadian I could go get it now. But it's most likely cheaper online?

Where's the best place to get it? I do know a local store near me has it for like 79 canadian I could go get it now. But it's most likely cheaper online?
It's available at videogameplus for 75 cdn, haven't seen it cheaper. The game code is the same as the eu version so I assume it's the same game since you can use eu dlc on that version(although the dlc voucher that comes with the game obviously doesn't work with an eu account since its for the Asian psn)

I just finished the game, 79Hs, had missing ~7 Digimons.

I really enjoyed it, couldn't beat the 8th challenge yet, it keep throwing that attack that kills all my party again and again.

I just finished the game, 79Hs, had missing ~7 Digimons.

I really enjoyed it, couldn't beat the 8th challenge yet, it keep throwing that attack that kills all my party again and again.
Use jesmon, he has an ability which let's him survive all damage. Eventually you get a chance to attack which is when you use a full revival spray or switch out your other dead members.

Use jesmon, he has an ability which let's him survive all damage. Eventually you get a chance to attack which is when you use a full revival spray or switch out your other dead members.

safety guard or something like that?

I think I tried that, i'll give it another shot, I think mastemon has that one as well, after the first omni-sword attack he will do that every fucking turn that it has right?

Very annoying, Omnimon did the same in challenge 7, that's why I killed it second in my 2nd attempt.

safety guard or something like that?

I think I tried that, i'll give it another shot, I think mastemon has that one as well, after the first omni-sword attack he will do that every fucking turn that it has right?

Very annoying, Omnimon did the same in challenge 7, that's why I killed it second in my 2nd attempt.
Nah it's his second unique move weltergeist or something like that. It lasts until his next turn unlike safety guard which only lasts 1 death I think.

i imported the Chinese version with english in it. The DLC code doesnt seem to be working. Is that region locked?

Yup.

Actually. If i redeem the code on an asian account will i be able to play it on my US account? (Vita)

No, the vita only allows one account at a time, you can't have multiple accounts like the ps3 or ps4 and so you can't share any digital content across accounts. You're out of luck, you shouldn't have expected asian dlc to work on your non-asian ps account.

Just got a connection error right after an online win. Then the screen went blank with the music still playing. Welp.

That sucks =/. Someone lost a ton of wins due to a similar bug a page or two back as well. I'll need to remember to save after every win. I haven't tried these yet since I started the medal grind, remembered I hated grinding and then started playing something else .

SoulUnison

Banned
Is the character designer for this the same guy that did Devil Survivor 1 and 2?
Because I seriously hate the guy.

His female character designs are goddamn insulting.
Why is Nokia wearing two halves of a dress stitched together up her sides?
Why is Kyoko, a "professional detective," dressed like it's laundry days and she's out of pants and bras?
Why can I see character's belly buttons through their clothes? Are they vacuum sealed into their outfits?

I just don't understand how this guy keeps getting work.
He designs characters with a middle schooler's sensibility of what's "cool" and "sexy."

His designs are so bad they actually ruin games for me. I skipped Devil Survivor 2 because of him, and I probbaly wouldn't have picked this up if I knew his handiwork was all over it.

Is the character designer for this the same guy that did Devil Survivor 1 and 2?
Because I seriously hate the guy.

His female character designs are goddamn insulting.
Why is Nokia wearing two halves of a dress stitched together up her sides?
Why is Kyoko, a "professional detective," dressed like it's laundry days and she's out of pants and bras?
Why can I see character's belly buttons through their clothes? Are they vacuum sealed into their outfits?

I just don't understand how this guy keeps getting work.
He designs characters with a middle schooler's sensibility of what's "cool" and "sexy."

His designs are so bad they actually ruin games for me. I skipped Devil Survivor 2 because of him, and I probbaly wouldn't have picked this up if I knew his handiwork was all over it.

While I don't hate the designs, I don't like them either.Kyoko's design is a typical anime thing, like Tsunade from Naruto. Nokia's clothes were weird as hell though. This guys pretty tame compared to stuff like Senran Kagura which I can't understand.

Qurupeke

I finally started the game and it's pretty great. A question though. I'm just after the second chapter and I already have plenty of Champions, and soon I'll have Ultimates. Should I turn the battles to hard or something?

I finally started the game and it's pretty great. A question though. I'm just after the second chapter and I already have plenty of Champions, and soon I'll have Ultimates. Should I turn the battles to hard or something?
The battles against random digimon are always easy even on hard, you'll only notice the diference against bosses. The game isn't balanced well on hard but I still suggest that you play the game on it, and when you fight bosses that are really unfair change back to normal until you beat it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
How am I supposed to raise ABI? I ow miracle meat can do it, but I've used the 3 I have. ABI is preventing a bunch of evolves that I have otherwise qualified for.

maouvin

I got an Imperialdramon. Is it any good? If so, FM or DM?

Also, when will I be able to fuse Angewomon and LadyDevimon?

Don't remember about Imperialdramon, but iirc none of his modes has piercing attacks so eh.
It's a bit sad to rank a digimon on having a piercing attack, but that's life.

You need to progress on the story to fuse those ladies.

the canon gender is female? i think twice they talked about me as "her" in the end game

The localization is iffy is various ways, and referring to you by gender is one of them.
Don't know about the JP version though.

Qurupeke

Don't remember about Imperialdramon, but iirc none of his modes has piercing attacks so eh.
It's a bit sad to rank a digimon on having a piercing attack, but that's life.

You need to progress on the story to fuse those ladies.

A shame, but it took me a lot of time to evolve it, so it would be a waste of time if I abandoned it now. :p

the canon gender is female? i think twice they talked about me as "her" in the end game

They constantly refer to my female character as a male. And every character in the game thinks she's into girls.

Qurupeke

Surprisingly good non-pierce attacker. You may want to use FM to get better attack and speed, as FM is decent bulky enough.

If you care at all for online, FM is also really good for online.

Cheers. I doubt I'll do anything other than getting the trophy on online, but still good to know.

Cheers. I doubt I'll do anything other than getting the trophy on online, but still good to know.

Oh wait, you seem to be playing on Hard mode. Just to let you know, some of the last challenges practically require specific Digimon, otherwise you will lose.

Of course for story you may just need Wargreymon as he is the best story mode killer.

Aselith

I'm about five hours into this and loving it so far. It's been a great month for JRPG's for me as I just put 90 hours into Bravely Second also :)

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This game is getting pretty cheap at retail.

If I know absolutely nothing about Digimon but just want a decent modern JRPG with good combat mechanics is this worth playing?

Aselith

This game is getting pretty cheap at retail.

If I know absolutely nothing about Digimon but just want a decent modern JRPG with good combat mechanics is this worth playing?

Yeah, I don't know anything about Digimon and I'm really enjoying it. I watched like one episode of the cartoon and tbh it doesn't actually seem to be connected to anything about Digimon except having the monsters in it which is for the better.

It's just a good solid RPG with the collection aspect like Pokémon

Also, Bravely Second! That game is fantastic also and charming as all hell. I was smiling pretty much the whole time I played it. Get that for sure if you have a 3DS.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yes. Its a stand alone store, the game does well at explaining what the Digimon are

Yeah, I don't know anything about Digimon and I'm really enjoying it. I watched like one episode of the cartoon and tbh it doesn't actually seem to be connected to anything about Digimon except having the monsters in it which is for the better.

It's just a good solid RPG with the collection aspect like Pokémon

Also, Bravely Second! That game is fantastic also and charming as all hell. I was smiling pretty much the whole time I played it. Get that for sure if you have a 3DS.

Thanks, I'll probably pick it up soon.

And I absolutely loved Bravely Default and Second. 👌

Top Bottom