• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discord X Playstation Intergration launch imminent?

Originally announced for early 2022

Together, our teams are already hard at work connecting Discord with your social and gaming experience on PlayStation Network. Our goal is to bring the Discord and PlayStation experiences closer together on console and mobile starting early next year, allowing friends, groups, and communities to hang out, have fun, and communicate more easily while playing games together.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Wonder if they will launch this soon? Looks like it may just be status and game update statuses to start but hopefully as time goes on it replaces the game hub or what ever its called.

In the OP it's mentioned that the Discord integration on PS will be released early 2022. So we're weeks away from seeing it.
Sure, and I hope it's done well, but integration could mean a lot of things. Anything from just showing what playstation game you're playing when using discord, to a full discord app on playstation, to full integration that even allows posts to be shared between a discord channel and a PSN group or maybe just allows you to see a discord channel while playing. There's a lot of ways they could go with this.

yurinka

Sure, and I hope it's done well, but integration could mean a lot of things. Anything from just showing what playstation game you're playing when using discord, to a full discord app on playstation, to full integration that even allows posts to be shared between a discord channel and a PSN group or maybe just allows you to see a discord channel while playing. There's a lot of ways they could go with this.
Sony invested a good chunk of money and have been working for a while on this. I'm ultra confident that will be a full integration of PSN and Discord crossplatform text/audio/video chats and also sharing there PS screenshots and videos on Discord posts plus streaming PS games on Discord.

Fuck that shit I don't trust this company. I hope an alternative is created that's actually decent and widespread because discord is mostly useful for trying to be in control of something. Terrible for people who want to make stuff or create something.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Why would anyone use discord on a console though?

It takes ages to type on a controller, and there's already built in voice chat in the consoles.

[Sigma]

They need to hurry up. Shits like a ghost town on PS5. No activity feed(that should have carried over from PS4 imo) and they took away communities from us with this I assumed being the replacement for that.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Can't wait. The sound quality on PSN is so bad. And have the ability to adjust filters (input/output) for myself and friends is gonna be great. Already use a PC for streaming PS5, so the options with having Discord, OBS and PS5 working together, will be major.

yurinka

Why would anyone use discord on a console though?

It takes ages to type on a controller, and there's already built in voice chat in the consoles.
Discord has over 140 million active monthly users and 300 million registered accounts and many games and companies have their official communities there.

Full PS integration would mean to text/voice/video chat with these users, easy sharing of screenshots, captured videos or even stream in these chats or communities.

So basically would ease communication between PS and many millions of gamers who are on PC or mobile, and to highly improve previous PS chat and communities features.

Top Bottom