• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMX Accused of Robbery in Newark, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Caught this on the news this morning. DMX hasn't been charged with anything at this time. This is an accusation that is currently being investigated. Could turn out to be bullshit.

Here's the story:

Newark detectives are investigating a report by a man who says he was robbed at gunpoint by rapper DMX and his entourage early Sunday morning at a gas station.

The man, a 21-year-old Newark resident whom detectives didn't identify, told police that he encountered the rapper at about 12:30 a.m. at an Exxon station on the 600 block of U.S. Highway 21, according to a news release issued by the Newark Police Department. He told police that he had a brief conversation with DMX about rap music when suddenly a member of the rapper's entourage flashed a gun and demanded cash.

The man told police he pulled about $3,200 out of his pocket and DMX grabbed it, according to the news release. The rapper and his associates piled into four black Cadillac Escalades and sped away, he told police. The man said he followed them and was able to obtain a number from the license plate of one of the vehicles, detectives said.

Give to the needy if old.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
if this is true
snoop.png

StayDead

DMX: But there are hundreds of unsolved robberies in Newark, NJ

Officer Lou: You don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you, DMXy Boy?

Laws00

Funk Master Flex said it best, this guys story would make an interesting movie if portrayed right

Maybe don't have $3,000 in your pocket jackass

Actually DMX hangs out around where I live (Greenville, SC) and that dude is broke as fuck.. He gets arrested quite a bit around here.. And people make fun of him

Damn that dude should have its own Vodka brand, streaming app and headphones company. Plus play 2-3 bad guy roles in big movies every year.
If he had played it smart.
When that Aaliyah, Jet Li, Kung fu movie came out he was one of the top 20 biggest stars, even here in Germany people bought clothes with his logo on it.

Is it really all on his addiction or did he get played by a manager or sth?
Can't he clear like 10k a night for a club concert?

Damn that dude should have its own Vodka brand, streaming app and headphones company. Plus play 2-3 bad guy roles in big movies every year.
If he had played it smart.
When that Aaliyah, Jet Li, Kung fu movie came out he was one of the top 20 biggest stars, even here in Germany people bought clothes with his logo on it.

Is it really all on his addiction or did he get played by a manager or sth?
Can't he clear like 10k a night for a club concert?

Bad contracts with his labels, last albums bombed, he's an addict, his criminal record keeps growing and he can't even get into a studio at this point to record new stuff.

10 years ago he could have bumped almost any act for a club gig, now?

Dude can't even headline a county fair.

What type of person goes to a gas station in an inner city with 3k in his pockets tho? This sounds ridiculous. DMX had a show the previous night, I wouldn't be surprised if this is some promoter who tried to dick X out of his cash.

Bad contracts with his labels, last albums bombed, he's an addict, his criminal record keeps growing and he can't even get into a studio at this point to record new stuff.

10 years ago he could have bumped almost any act for a club gig, now?

Dude can't even headline a county fair.

Ok if he is in no working condition that explains it.
That's so effing sad. This kind of downfall seems to happen alot in the US with african american celebrities.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I want to see some goddamn proof.
Yeah, I'm wondering if the gas station had cameras that would've caught this.

It's pretty sad that this is even believable, though. DMX was my shit back in middle school. I hate seeing him sink like this.

knicks

This doesn't make that much sense. Why would anyone have $3,200 on them, let alone a 21 year old? Perhaps if they forced him to go to an ATM at gunpoint and take it out, but what...?

Though, I doubt he'd go to police if he was doing something shady, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom