• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do people age slower these days

Airbus Jr

Banned
Here are some examples a 63 years old gym trainer i found on facebook ( sorry i forgot the source and her name)

WqpyZvS.jpg
fWFC7zg.jpg

And ive seen plenty other ( old people in good shape and look younger)

Genetics? Healthy lifestyle ? Really made the difference?

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Last edited:
someone who works out looks younger? wow.

it depends on your lifestyle. if you do fuck all but argue with pigeons and lamp posts you'll look 80 at 60. if you go to the gym you'll look at best maybe 55 if you're 60.

edit: we are aging at the same rate as always. living standards have improved over the years so a lot of shit is cut out of our diet/enviroment. at some rate we might look younger as we get older but but we're still getting old as the same rate.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Even apart from surgical nips and tucks and digital filters, recently there's been a big boom in products that celebrities have used for decades becoming known and widely available, see the whole schtick of The Ordinary. You also know she's earing a bunch of foundation and blush and stuff right.

To me, I dunno, it's almost like makeup or something, but you still see someone with the makeup off if you live with them. It's like, you apply all this stuff to look younger on the surface, but that's covering up what's going on on the inside. I've had a few women ask for my skincare routine, it's...Nothing lol. I guess I go to the gym and drink 5-7 bottles of water and sweat a lot out. Health should primarily come from the inside.

You should also know something approaching all of these fitfluencers are on the juice, especially if they're post 40 and jacked

Last edited:
Lol, humans have not evolved my dude. Better conditions than many many years ago, better, healthier foods available, people working out more rather than stressing at work, can do miracles for any body.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Well in some sense sure. It's mostly genetic, having access to and consistently use good nutritional intake in combination with self care via supplements, skincare and a consistent physical workout routine.

If that example woman had to sail the seas along Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage she would look like... well, like Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
People who dont age gracefully dont post their pics on instagram.

Some people just look better. I have seen people in my family age like normal while others just look like they stopped aging at 40.

I myself am ageing like a president. i will probably look like a ghost when i hit 50.

Last edited:
If you watch TV from the 70s people hitting their late 30s look like complete wrecks. Look at contestants on gameshows from past eras too - granted they are all thinner but they barely look alive.

Middle aged people these days are babyfaces in comparison.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
You never heard of cosmetic surgery? Or the fact that everything on Insta is fake?

Having said that it's probably fair to say people age slower nowadays, especially those with proper diet, exercise and those that are not drinking alcohol or smoke, which is a trend that started probably 20-30 years ago, not earlier. I am almost 40 and thanks to all I mentioned before I feel better than ever.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
That doesnt explain her muscle tones and body which still in a very good condition

Another examples stephen lang still in exeptional condition in his 70s
?

Yes it does. I mean, you still have to put in the work both with exercise and proper nutrition. But unless they're one of the 0.001% genetic freaks, both of them are very likely using HRT.

And personally, I have zero issues with that. I fully plan on going on HRT once I hit a certain age threshold. And so to answer the question for the thread, yes I do believe that some people are in fact aging slower and it's specifically due to the advances and understanding about complementing your nutrition and exercise with pharmaceuticals.

MikeM

At my gym, there are quite a few older women that look absolutely stunning. Its takes work in the gym and nutrition. If you do that stuff right, it’s normal that those people will look and age way better than those that chain smoke, eat chips and consider exercise the steps to the fridge and back.

OZ9000

Banned
Here are some examples a 63 years old gym trainer i found on facebook ( sorry i forgot the source and her name)

WqpyZvS.jpg
fWFC7zg.jpg

If you want you slow aging, then make sure you:
1. 7-8 hours sleep
2. Good diet - lots of vegetables and fiber
3. Exercise - both cardio and lifting
4. Avoid sun exposure

She looks like she takes care of herself but also looks like she had work done. I also wonder if she's on testosterone. No doubt on conventional HRT (estrogen/progesterone).

Last edited:

Wildebeest

On one hand, young people drinking less might help them, but the stress of modern life will age them faster. Boomers who got on the property ladder when real estate cost basically nothing and never heard of a student loan when they were young are more likely to have lived a life where they don't know what stress is.

Ionian

Even apart from surgical nips and tucks and digital filters, recently there's been a big boom in products that celebrities have used for decades becoming known and widely available, see the whole schtick of The Ordinary. You also know she's earing a bunch of foundation and blush and stuff right.

To me, I dunno, it's almost like makeup or something, but you still see someone with the makeup off if you live with them. It's like, you apply all this stuff to look younger on the surface, but that's covering up what's going on on the inside. I've had a few women ask for my skincare routine, it's...Nothing lol. I guess I go to the gym and drink 5-7 bottles of water and sweat a lot out. Health should primarily come from the inside.

You should also know something approaching all of these fitfluencers are on the juice, especially if they're post 40 and jacked

She got plastic surgery. So got some juice, in her face and body.

That's not makeup.

Post a pic of any with a face like that that is real. Gym bro? Lol no.

GeekyDad

WqpyZvS.jpg
fWFC7zg.jpg

First of all, ughck!

Second, dude, are you ignoring her face? I'm not saying she probably wasn't pretty at one time, but god damn, even with all the obvious plastic surgery, her face curtains look like they could fall at any moment.

She is, obviously, in great physical shape, though -- no doubt about that. But, still...

Yughck!

Top Bottom