• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do people age slower these days

Kenpachii

What i notice is that people seem younger until they hit there mid 30's or late 30's early 40's then they start to age considerable. It makes sense tho.

HoodWinked

Gold Member

Surprised no one posted this it went pretty viral when it was released.

But ya sunscreen, better understanding of health and changing fashion.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Surprised no one posted this it went pretty viral when it was released.

But ya sunscreen, better understanding of health and changing fashion.

I was trying like hell to find this vid but could not for the life of me remember the title or thumbnail. Great vid that explains it well IMO.

Draugoth

Gold Member
No, nowdays we just have access to medical tretaments and snapchat filters. Aging is inevitable and hit women harder than men.

We could age and die in our primes like felines/cats do but then we would like live only upwards of 30-40 years

Dr_Salt

Yea they sure are.
main-qimg-d6126b1bb6c098db8e153405442b3e9e-lq

Last edited:

Hypereides

Gold Member
Not saying some gym rats don't resort to foul play like steroids and plastic ops (it happens, those tend to have no shame about it). However, a proper diet and the right nutrition combined with working out can go a long way.

Fbh

Nah, I think social media just exposes you to more people that have held up well.
I worked in retail for several years, I had to check lots of ID's (for phone contracts and stuff like that) so I often knew exactly how old the people I was talking to were, and I'd say the majority of 50-60 years old still very much look their age.

The thing that has changed though is that I do think there's more older people now that still remain active, still dress fashionably, dye their hair, use cosmetics, etc.
Both my parents always say that when they were young people in their mid 50's would often just slip into that "grandma/pa" persona, they'd relax on their diet and get fat, they'd start using "old people clothes", they'd stop looking after their hair, etc. All of which adds up to make you look older.

StueyDuck

There is nothing genetically real about those photos...

Filters plus a hefty amount of plastic and performance enhancing drugs.

But I would say non fake plastic older people wouldn't look so old because of better knowledge of sun damage, healthy lifestyles, less harsh physical labor and so on... unless you are in a 3rd world making apple products then you'll look 80 when your 30

Lunarorbit

That woman had a lot of work on her face and it looks bad. Everything is pinched. I can tell easily by looking at her face that she is in her 60s.

Her body is tight which takes work and with all the drugs out there it helps.

Plus people her age were probably the 1st generation to wear sunscreen. It makes a huge difference in the aging process.

Top Bottom