• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think that the Covid pandemic has put people on edge?

Do you think that the Covid Pandemic has put people on edge

• Yes

Votes: 53 79.1%
  • Yes, a little

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

Blade2.0

LOL. World War 2 saw 420k American deaths by itself. 1.5 million during the Civil War. Fuck outta here with that sensationalist nonsense. You're the dumbass.
Actually, you're still the dumbass. But I was wrong on the numbers and I'll admit to that (as were you). But that still shows how devastating this pandemic is. https://www.militaryfactory.com/american_war_deaths.php

So the civil war had around 625,000-750k losses (and let's be real, a good number of those lives lost weren't Americans, they were the traitors). Wouldn't you say that's a big number? Wouldn't you say the 406k (rounding up) WW2 casualties were a big number? These casualty numbers were both over a span of 4 years, bud. So Covid-19 has killed Almost the same as the Civil War total (or more depending on the total used) at roughly 653,405 deaths, thus far...in a year and some change. So, while my numbers were wrong, they were anything but sensationalist. Because let's not forget, buddy, THE PANDEMIC ISNT OVER YET. So don't try to downplay the lives lost of covid but try to make WW2 and the civil war look like some huge numbers. They are all equally as bad and yet one of them did it 3 years quicker.

EDIT: Again, I admit my first comparative statement was wrong, but I'd hardly call it sensationalist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom