• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think TLOU is one of the best games ever made?

Do you think TLOU is one of the best games ever made?

• Yes

• No

• it's not ONE OF the best games ever made, it IS the best game ever made

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jinzo Prime

I found the story to be too predictable. Every twist is heavily forshadowed. It's a good game, but I didn't love it, exept for the opening. I loved the opening, but everything after is just... good. Not amazing, just good.

I do believe it ones of the best games I ever play. So I do believe there lots of ppl that would put it as their #1 game of all time. For sure if this the generation you started to really play games.

Nah. Story matters in a narrative heavy game. If it wasn't so focused on story, like an arcade style game, I wouldn't care. I guess it just disappointed me because the first had it all.
Touche.

But gameplay still holds weight in the action-adventure genre, and Last of Us I is sort of hijacked in that regard.

As a whole, I wouldn't rank it in the same tier, let alone higher than Metroid Prime, for one.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Yes, last of us is one of the best if not the best game ever made for ME, Ill forever remeber the first time I played this gem of a game, and as soon as the remake is on PsPlus I'll play it again for the one millionth time.

Now put a poll so I can answer that TLOU2 is the worst sequel ever made and one of the worst games I tried to play last gen.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Scrolling past all the hate.

Gameplay wise TLOU2 is better. Well combat wise anyway for sure. It really level’d up with enemy AI, the feel of combat was totally brutal and the scope much better.

Epic Adventure wise, TLOU1 is amazing and better. Good combat feel, amazing action scenes and segments, at the time unrivalled Graphics, story presentation, voice acting, facial animations etc. Amazing music too. Loved it

TLOU2 had some of if not thee best action scenes Naughty dog has ever done though, which means it rivals any game action wise because its something they do best. Just felt like less of them. The Island escape and the Bridge scene were fucking dope

Last edited:

Ultra Donny

I think it's very good and I enjoyed it very much. Best game ever is hard to say. I don't think I would object too anyone claiming that it is the best game ever made. But it's not in that category for me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
No but it was the best game of 2013 for sure.

Bioshock Infinite - Trash
Tomb Raider 2013 - Good
GTAV - Great
Splinter Cell Blacklist - Surprisingly good
Metal Gear Rising - Great
Arkham Origins - Ok
Dead Space 3 -Didn’t play but heard it was trash
Battlefield 4 - Didn’t play but everyone knows it had server issues at launch

Last of Us stands above those games. Especially when you factor in the multiplayer. PUBG had not come out yet and Gears was tired, so Last of Us multiplayer is closest to SOCOM you were gonna get in 2013.

Last edited:
tacos-de.gif

LakeOf9

Touche.

But gameplay still holds weight in the action-adventure genre, and Last of Us I is sort of hijacked in that regard.

As a whole, I wouldn't rank it in the same tier, let alone higher than Metroid Prime, for one.
TLOU1 has really good gameplay. It's really simple but it's really well balanced and well designed and the pacing is excellent unlike most other games in its style which feel bloated

AJUMP23

Gold Member
It is a great game, and it has a good story. But it isn’t even in my top 10. I would much rather play an uncharted.

Hero_Select

I liked the story a lot and the gameplay at the time was really good. However, having gone back to it I don't think it's aged particularly well. Story is still good though but I wouldn't put it in my top 20

Top Bottom