• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal confirmed for gamepass (1st October)

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Of course it's gonna be there! It's only a matter of time.

Game is a lot of dumb fun. Highly recommend it and the previous game if you haven't played them. Shocked that some people haven't TBH, lol.

treemk

Banned
Seems like a weird thing to try to tease, hint, and hype. Who is going to get hyped about Doom Eternal that hasn't been playing it already?

Original Xbox Buffy game confirmed?

Me too. Almost bought it a few times and cheaped out.
I liked the 2016 one but there were so many people who shared my feelings on it, who then didn't like Eternal. So I've constantly been going back and forth on buying it. I was checking out with it in my Amazon basket this morning before deciding against it yet again.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I hate this shit. I actually bought a lot of games this year. I want to play them, but every time I finish something on Gamepass there are another dozen or more new games I want to play.

How the fuck am I supposed to get to my backlog Microsoft?

Forget your backlog, you're never going to get there. I have mine just as a reminder not to buy too many games too quickly ever again.

Everything is coming to gamepass.

Eventually all Bethesda's (and others from Zenimax) back catalog will be there.

Winter Game Pass is coming.

Last edited:

Doom Eternal potentially heading to Gamepass soon! Looks like the Bethesda acquisition is already kicking into gear. Gamepass might be the greatest thing to ever happen in gaming, especially during a time where prices are going up next gen. Series S/X are pretty much a must buy with all these free games.

Last edited:
QxpHeF4.jpg

This is great, I just played Doom 2016 recently and was planning to wait for more price drops for Doom Eternal. Looks like I’ll be playing it as soon as it launches on game pass instead!

Kuranghi

I think I still prefer to wait 6 months, get it for £16 and keep it forever instead of paying £22 to play it, then lose it a few months later. I don't consider the extra £6 for getting access to a bunch of games I completed 2-3 years ago + many I never want to play an "added benefit":

www. cdkeys.com/doom-eternal-bethesda-pc

I'd also have to play those other games within the 2 months or another £11 is added every month. The money I spend on games in a year is probably the exact same as what I'd spend on Game Pass. Except most of those games I'd buy won't be on Game Pass so it'd be more for Game Pass overall if I wanted to play everything. It just makes NO sense for me but I know I'm in a slightly more unique position with PC + console.

edit - I corrupted the link because I'm not trying to advertise cdkeys, just want to show where the price comes from.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My daughter loves this game, so I suspect I will too!

I've been meaning to pick this up but have had other stuff going on. I guess since this is first party now, it won't ever leave Game Pass so I can take my time.

Top Bottom