• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Reborn Pre Beta Version 1.65 Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The basic goal is to recreate the original Doom and Doom 2 in the idTech4 engine with all the engine eye candy id Software has provided us with so we can recreate the game for a classic Doom player to remember and enjoy the memories of the classics in a modernized way, but keeping the old Doom spirit well in the game. We hope that you enjoy playing Doom Reborn as much as we have enjoyed making it for you, Have Fun!

fuckin harsh.

Constructive criticism: Yeah the weapon sway is a bit much especially when you are turning left to right. Also I think its a little bit jarring to have the D3 weapons and enemies with those backgrounds. It looks like it plays well though.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I mean, if you're gonna make the same basic boxy rooms and shit rather than actually use the engine to provide the eye candy it can as you claim then what even makes it different to something like zdoom?

It's the same old levels and they look like the same old levels, boxy and abstract, rather than have any real enhanced detail to them with walls and machinery and all kinds of added geometry and features that maintain the layouts but look better/cooler/sensible.

They don't even use its trademark lighting capabilities for some atmosphere and stuff, I guess it would drop performance too much with the chaos a real Doom can have.

Last edited:

Romulus

I don't like the character models, especially pinky looks stupid. Everything but the Baron of Hell looks very unintimidating, even compared to the ancient sprite models.

Last edited:

SnapShot

If you want a real good remake of original Doom that makes good use of the Id Tech 4 engine check out Classic Doom 3

(Janky intro animations aside)

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

The basic goal is to recreate the original Doom and Doom 2 in the idTech4 engine with all the engine eye candy id Software has provided us with so we can recreate the game for a classic Doom player to remember and enjoy the memories of the classics in a modernized way, but keeping the old Doom spirit well in the game. We hope that you enjoy playing Doom Reborn as much as we have enjoyed making it for you, Have Fun!

Absolutely stunning work

Top Bottom