• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Hylian7

Honestly I don't think specific roles should be recommended to new players. Just play any of them.

In the games they will likely be queueing into with players of similar experience or skill level, someone has to carry, someone has to support, someone has to mid, someone has to offlane, etc. It could very well be them, because another guy on the team probably has just about the same amount of sense of what they are doing.

I agree support is harder, but someone has to do it, even in low level games.

Now heroes of course, new players should avoid ones that throw a ton of complexity on top of learning the basics of the game at once. The Meepos, Chens, Arc Wardens, Tinkers, Storm Sprits, illusion heroes other than maybe Terrorblade or Chaos Knight.

Faithless Mr.

Neo Member
I think PPD's stack will crumble. And I'm not basing this only on that disaster of a debut.

People are forgetting that there was a 6-month run prior to getting kicked where PPD was shit at drafting. This is not simply him being rusty, signs of decline was always there. The only reasons why EG remained consistently a top 3 team during those months were due to his leadership and the sheer skill of his players.

Ignoring Pajkatt and CCnC, Misery is also not as mechanically gifted as a player. I don't see how he's supposed to compensate PPD's known lackluster mechanical skill.

EDIT: Anyone know why my avatar isn't rendered? The file I selected is and in png format.

shira

My guess is ppd wants to be back in the scene instead of doing nothing. Either that or improve his panel chances for majors/ti

3 games today and all sucked because people didnt know how to play what they picked (or the game they picked)

in one game: safelane carry can't finish a shadow blade before three on the other team finish silver edge+, he was in a 4man party too.

in another game: axe offlane baits me and feeds 2 times in lane because he cant use his spells correctly, gets a 15 minute blink but afk farms for 25 more minutes while we lose the game. i give him invis vision for blink calls and he still messes that up somehow.

this game is horrible to play without friends. and lets not forget the people that pick mid but are horrible. im forced into position 4-5 constantly and have to make do without any farm/exp. you would hope your offlaner/mid with actual items leave jungle

welp we got mega'd guess its time for axe to come online and fight!

i ganked alone or with the carry successfully multiple times too, but at some point that stops obviously when its 2v5

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
You guys keep complaining about games in solo unranked while also playing in all pick (I'm assuming). Get a stack going or play solo ranked to avoid these clown fiestas.

Yazzees

Yeah guys get a stack going so you can get Dota Cabin Fever with your friends and not be their friends anymore in a few weeks

This hasn't actually happened to me but I've witnessed it so much lmao

Uriah

Dota with friends:

Muv5fKM.jpg

You guys keep complaining about games in solo unranked while also playing in all pick (I'm assuming). Get a stack going or play solo ranked to avoid these clown fiestas.

I just started playing again. I was thinking about trying ranked but I'm expecting to be forced support to 4 cores. And someone picked mid and carry already? Time to go LC jungle! I've played 2k tinker games in a row I deserve mid. Sorry bro I only play hard carry!

The games weren't all pick because I like to play and play against different heroes. These recent games make me want to leave again though.

Yes i mad 😡

shira

I just started playing again. I was thinking about trying ranked but I'm expecting to be forced support to 4 cores. And someone picked mid and carry already? Time to go LC jungle! I've played 2k tinker games in a row I deserve mid. Sorry bro I only play hard carry!

The games weren't all pick because I like to play and play against different heroes. These recent games make me want to leave again though.

Yes i mad 😡
Just wait till the international mmr refresh happens lul

3 games today and all sucked because people didnt know how to play what they picked (or the game they picked)

lets not forget the people that pick mid but are horrible. im forced into position 4-5 constantly and have to make do without any farm/exp. you would hope your offlaner/mid with actual items leave jungle

The bold is why I don't want to get stuck playing support.

When my teammates are first-picking carries like PL and the other team drafts ES immediately, I'm like, whatevs.

7You guys keep complaining about games in solo unranked while also playing in all pick (I'm assuming). Get a stack going or play solo ranked to avoid these clown fiestas.whateva.

Solo ranked has clown shoes games, too. Also, my team MMR is almost 1000 pts less than my solo MMR.

Po0DUgr.png

When I see ppl carry or support hard, I add them. Then we go on to lose games very badly together. Then delete them. Five losses in a row typically, but those games were extra bad.

Yes i mad 😡

All of this is truth, and why I quit for 13-14 months. Why TF did I come back, lol? Effing TI 2017 got me shook.

(king) yarden was right all along, y'all need to get into RANDOMING

or at least play the best mode, single draft

also techies needs a buff... and soon

Quesa

Maybe they should give up on making land mines work as an actual land mine and just turn into a team fight skill. It's clear IF doesn't want it to be unfun on the receiving end and the current iterations doesn't really have that bite to it. Maybe combine it with stun mine so that it also stuns, but reduce the damage (obvs) and give it a short countdown timer before it goes off instead of going for a trip mine thing. Then you can give him a passive or something that gives him bonus move speed or something.

elyetis

Maybe they should give up on making land mines work as an actual land mine and just turn into a team fight skill. It's clear IF doesn't want it to be unfun on the receiving end and the current iterations doesn't really have that bite to it. Maybe combine it with stun mine so that it also stuns, but reduce the damage (obvs) and give it a short countdown timer before it goes off instead of going for a trip mine thing. Then you can give him a passive or something that gives him bonus move speed or something.
He really just need to reverse the 7.03 balance change. It won't make Techies broken, not even strong.. but he wouldn't be a unless hero before lvl3 like he currently is.

single draft

first pick troll mid -> lane lost

last pick LC jungle with three supports already picked (nobody except me highlighted a hero)... he doesnt say anything about going jungle btw

afk SD in my lane feeding me (jakiro) and himself

forced solo off phoenix -> enemy PL gets fast diffusal

supports flamed and reported 🤔

game is unplayable

shira

Mines should give % hp damage.

I tried all random once and got Morphling, who I don't play at all. Is it possible to repick or swap? IDK, I couldn't/nobody would.

HAS PLAYING RANKED DOTA ALWAYS ALLOWED FRIENDS TO PLAY AGAINST PEOPLE GOING SOLO???

That's dumb. So I'm putting my individual MMR up against your team MMR???

Twookie

I tried all random once and got Morphling, who I don't play at all. Is it possible to repick or swap? IDK, I couldn't/nobody would.

HAS PLAYING RANKED DOTA ALWAYS ALLOWED FRIENDS TO PLAY AGAINST PEOPLE GOING SOLO???

That's dumb. So I'm putting my individual MMR up against your team MMR???

you can enable true solo queue in the options menu

Hylian7

single draft

first pick troll mid -> lane lost

last pick LC jungle with three supports already picked (nobody except me highlighted a hero)... he doesnt say anything about going jungle btw

afk SD in my lane feeding me (jakiro) and himself

forced solo off phoenix -> enemy PL gets fast diffusal

supports flamed and reported 🤔

game is unplayable

Look, I used to be like this. If you keep thinking stuff like "This guy is buying Battle Fury on Spectre, we lost.", you're already taking yourself into nearly guaranteed losses.

You need to be focused on finding a way to win no matter what. Never say it's impossible until the point where they are whacking your ancient with mega creeps and any attempt to fight them gets you blown up instantly. You might have to look for some unusual ways to win, buy some critical wards as a core, gather your team for smokes. You would be surprised how often you just smoking around your teammates effectively allows you to have control of them briefly.

I had a game yesterday where I was Storm, early on our Lich said "Our Jugg is going BF, gg". I said "It's fine, we will find a way to win." We were against a Sniper that got scary at some points, but we still won. That isn't even mentioning some of the dumb plays I made at a couple of points in the game.

Complaining about your teammates isn't going to make them better, even if they somehow are the reason you lose every game (they aren't). Instead talk to these people, suggest they get certain items, or where to ward. Rage pinging your Pudge for missing what should have been an easy hook isn't going to do anything to help you win the game.

Tuorom

Neo Member
Wtf I leave Dota for like 2 years, come back and people still build fucking manta style on Dusa?!?!?!?!

Like fuck, stop. Manta is not good on Dusa. It's situational at best. Buy a fucking MKB or some damage so you can do your job.

Twookie

How long has this nonsense feature existed?

Who wants to go up against teams???

The feature is pretty recent tbh

Valve wants people to be able to play dota 2 together, sometimes someone that isn't on a team will get forced to play with someone that is party queueing because of the queue system.

Look, I used to be like this. If you keep thinking stuff like "This guy is buying Battle Fury on Spectre, we lost.", you're already taking yourself into nearly guaranteed losses.

You need to be focused on finding a way to win no matter what. Never say it's impossible until the point where they are whacking your ancient with mega creeps and any attempt to fight them gets you blown up instantly. You might have to look for some unusual ways to win, buy some critical wards as a core, gather your team for smokes. You would be surprised how often you just smoking around your teammates effectively allows you to have control of them briefly.

I had a game yesterday where I was Storm, early on our Lich said "Our Jugg is going BF, gg". I said "It's fine, we will find a way to win." We were against a Sniper that got scary at some points, but we still won. That isn't even mentioning some of the dumb plays I made at a couple of points in the game.

Complaining about your teammates isn't going to make them better, even if they somehow are the reason you lose every game (they aren't). Instead talk to these people, suggest they get certain items, or where to ward. Rage pinging your Pudge for missing what should have been an easy hook isn't going to do anything to help you win the game.

i was writing a detailed response, but it's pointless (better than these games though). there's no excuse for last pick LC going jungle with 3 supports already picked and then flaming the team, sorry... and that's only the most recent offense. i've had 7 straight horse shit games (and they weren't all losses) in all different types of game modes.

i was playing and doing well solo safelane (solo because my SD was pulling every lane. and going afk in the mean time). he actually went AFK in the side shop (i was right beside the shop) while i was fighting them in lane and if he used 1 spell its double kill. instead i die and he walks in late and dies too. game is hard and then people go AFK or PvE and it becomes impossible.

My last good game was All Random as a support Kunkka and my Alchemist feeding in lane but the rest of the team was active and we were able to buy him time and support him properly. It's not about being bad or messing up, but when you actively throw the game for the team and THEN flame?? I'd rather go for a walk. My recent storm game was good too. Owned mid 1v1, ganked lanes, killed every hero. But my four man party didn't do anything. Every enemy hero outfarmed my safelane carry. Useless jungler that game too
At this point, these are the good games. At least I get to actually play these ones.

Yazzees

If herding cats in solo queue isn't your thing there are other, 1v1 competitive games to play. Starcraft, Street Fighter, etc might not have the sheer population of Dota but there are more than enough people for matchmaking to be good. Some people complain so much about Dota in a manner that boils down to disliking the concept of team games as a whole that I really question why they bother playing it as much as they do, especially when there are more suitable options.

Hylian7

i was writing a detailed response, but it's pointless (better than these games though). there's no excuse for last pick LC going jungle with 3 supports already picked and then flaming the team, sorry... and that's only the most recent offense. i've had 7 straight horse shit games (and they weren't all losses) in all different types of game modes.

i was playing and doing well solo safelane (solo because my SD was pulling every lane. and going afk in the mean time). he actually went AFK in the side shop (i was right beside the shop) while i was fighting them in lane and if he used 1 spell its double kill. instead i die and he walks in late and dies too. game is hard and then people go AFK or PvE and it becomes impossible.

My last good game was All Random as a support Kunkka and my Alchemist feeding in lane but the rest of the team was active and we were able to buy him time and support him properly. It's not about being bad or messing up, but when you actively throw the game for the team and THEN flame?? I'd rather go for a walk. My recent storm game was good too. Owned mid 1v1, ganked lanes, killed every hero. But my four man party didn't do anything. Every enemy hero outfarmed my safelane carry. Useless jungler that game too
At this point, these are the good games. At least I get to actually play these ones.

You kind of missed my point. I didn't make excuses for shit your teammates did. I said you have to learn to play around it instead of saying it's a loss and your team sucks.

Your teammates will make mistakes or do stupid stuff, you need to focus on what your team can do to win instead of just saying how bad they are.

Ask anyone in here, it took me years to understand that. The "trench" or whatever the kids call it these days doesn't exist. If you really are 2k MMR better than the players in your games, then you likely can singlehandedly win your team the game.

If herding cats in solo queue isn't your thing there are other, 1v1 competitive games to play. Starcraft, Street Fighter, etc might not have the sheer population of Dota but there are more than enough people for matchmaking to be good. Some people complain so much about Dota in a manner that boils down to disliking the concept of team games as a whole that I really question why they bother playing it as much as they do, especially when there are more suitable options.
This too, it's a team game, figure out how to get them to do what it takes to win the game. If your Anti-Mage buys Blink and Diffusal, ask him why he bought those or to sell them and buy something else, and if not, you work with him with what he has, even if it is one of the worst possible builds.

Yazzees

I think even being 500 MMR better than the people in your games should mean a pretty high winrate until you're where you should be. <200 is probably where it starts to feel "hell"-like.

And if you're losing game after game after game then maybe you were overrated and the system is correcting itself
steamfacepalm
no one ever wanna consider that possibility though

BeesEight

Man, Hylian, I just want to say it's really inspiring to see just how much you've changed. I remember your posts back in the day and to see you really taking to heart people's advice and now doing the same for others is so great. I don't really have much to add to this discussion but just wanted to share my appreciation for your positivity and encouragement.

You rock dude.

shira

Bucharest Minor Qualifiers
https://egamersworld.com/dota2/news/the-participants-of-closed-qualifiers-to-pgl-open--EkZ8LrqYm
EG & LGD invited, Liquid not participating
Europe &#8211; September 18, 2017
HellRaisers
Let's Do It
Mousesports
OG
Team Secret
Team W33
Open qualifiers
Open qualifiers

North America &#8211; September 18, 2017
CompLexity
The Dire (PPD Team)
Invite
Invite
Invite
Invite
Open qualifiers
Open qualifiers

South America &#8211; September 11, 2017
Midas Club Elite
Infamous
Not Today
Digital Chaos
PaiN Gaming
Invite
Open qualifiers
Open qualifiers

CIS &#8211; September 18, 2017
Double Dimension
M19
Natus Vincere
Team Empire
Vega Squadron
Virtus.Pro
Open qualifiers
Open qualifiers

SEA &#8211; September 11,2017
Mineski
Fnatic
Execration
WG.Unity
Clutch Gamers
TNC Pro Team
Open qualifiers
Open qualifiers

China &#8211; September 15, 2017
EHOME
IG.Vitality
LGD.FY
Vici Gaming
Invite
Invite
Open qualifiers
Open qualifiers

shira

Well, these changes would only happen if the new arena in SoDo got built. Even with only 6200 seats it might be better to have the finals at Key since it's in a more central location for shit to do around the arena before/after/during.
Seattle is going after NHL/NBA franchises pretty hard, maybe there is a new superstructure in the works for the hockey/bball since this new Key is too small

Chris R

Seattle is going after NHL/NBA franchises pretty hard, maybe there is a new superstructure in the works for the hockey/bball since this new Key is too small

Well ya, like I said, the work that turns Key Arena into the images you posted only occurs if a brand new Arena gets built in SoDo, south of the Baseball stadium. It would hold ~20k like most indoor arenas and be top of the line unlike Key.

It's just not in the best location for things to do other than whatever is going on in the Arena.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If they start Construction in 2018, I don't expect them to be done for years, making it unusable for TI. Valve is likely going to have to find a new venue for TI8.

I've been flipping between Tekken and DotA lately, and I complain on the Tekken boards too. Maybe it's disliking the concept of online games as a whole, but then, there would be no room for Overwatch.

Man, Hylian, I just want to say it's really inspiring to see just how much you've changed. I remember your posts back in the day and to see you really taking to heart people's advice and now doing the same for others is so great. I don't really have much to add to this discussion but just wanted to share my appreciation for your positivity and encouragement.

You rock dude.

Pfft.

I just lost a 70 minute game as Drow with a Tiny, WR, Silencer, and Tree against a Weaver, Zeus, Bambi, Axe, Skywrath. Turned around and played a game where we (Necro, Bane [me], AM, ET, Pudge) were losing every lane against a Sven, CM, Bat, Tide, Skywrath. They raxed our top 20 minutes in. Then Sven goes afk and abandons. It took us an hour to get the farm to beat the remaining four heroes, as they were all lv 25 when most of us were like level 16.

Nonsense games.

Top Bottom