• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

mooncakes

Hoping Tide, Spec and Zeus gets some kind of buffs in the next patch. Still waiting for a change to Zeus' Nimbus since I want it movable.

Huskar is one of my favorite heroes but he is going to get nerf isnt he?

Hylian7

I had dream that wyvern was reworked. Her ulti makes the map covered and ice. It makes enemy heroes slippery. When they bump with another hero/unit they would be slowed and had break debuff applied to them. lmao.

Winter Wyvern Aghs
misc-frog.gif

Hoping Tide, Spec and Zeus gets some kind of buffs in the next patch. Still waiting for a change to Zeus' Nimbus since I want it movable.

Huskar is one of my favorite heroes but he is going to get nerf isnt he?

Spec doesn't need much to become viable honestly, she's good right now, meta just doesn't fit her incredibly well.

buff techies

>complains about cancer heroes
>likes the brain cancer of dota heroes

thinking.gif

You like the Super AIDS of Dota heroes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at some weather reports, it doesn't look too awful for where my family is located. They are "Only" getting up to 60 MPH winds, which they have gone through worse over the years. I'll have to give them some calls tomorrow and see how they fared.

I can play the majority of the roster of heroes though, so comfort really isn't a thing. Secondly, even when I play "my favorites," it's not working out, either.

Since I've started playing again:

fiLmi0n.png

I'm not even going to bother trying ranked (solo) if "normal skill" games are like this.

Update:

WHTNUec.png

Add 1 abandon at picks because I got paired with this trash Mubai dude for the third game in a row (HOW TF DID THAT HAPPEN WHEN WE PLAYED LAST NIGHT AND THEN 15 HRS later???) and I didn't want to waste another second of my life playing on his team. Also add +1 win with Necro.

I think I need to start picking tanky heroes. I have noticed that a lot of these losses are directly attributed to me being on team squish. I'm seeing that in my picks. I do not get very excited about strength heroes besides Night Stalker, Panda, Leoric, and Phoenix, and the latter is technically not even tanky.

Hylian7

At the low 3k's (and probably most if not all MMRs), if you can play Storm, that will do wonders. He does for me lately. He is one my comfort heroes. You mainly have to watch for AM and Silencer picks, and even Silencer isn't that bad if you aren't over zealous on zipping on stuff if he hasn't ulted yet. AM, you either have to end fast or probably become a Mana Void liability for your team.

Also Sand King is really good. Also great in pro games, but good in pubs too.

Chris R

Still not quite ready to jump back into ranked

Also getting FUCKING DESTROYED today in my games

edit: 0/3 rip, first two there was nothing I could do. Third probably nothing I could do but whatever, I wanted to go radiance underlord lol

At the low 3k's (and probably most if not all MMRs), if you can play Storm, that will do wonders. He does for me lately. He is one my comfort heroes. You mainly have to watch for AM and Silencer picks, and even Silencer isn't that bad if you aren't over zealous on zipping on stuff if he hasn't ulted yet. AM, you either have to end fast or probably become a Mana Void liability for your team.

Also Sand King is really good. Also great in pro games, but good in pubs too.

Need mid for storm. I'll try SK more. Does shift queuing ult still work?

Still not quite ready to jump back into ranked

Also getting **** DESTROYED today in my games

edit: 0/3 rip, first two there was nothing I could do. Third probably nothing I could do but whatever, I wanted to go radiance underlord lol

Radiance pit Lord is better than last pick bloodseeker who jungles, gets a Midas, and finish his Radiance at 31 minutes as happened in one of my games.

Chris R

I mean it wasn't terrible, but the game was lost on the single draft :(

Slardar mid? Jungle Lycan who is only level 3 at 8 mins? Yeah buddy

pompidu

Played with shadow demon for the first time in like a year, man this hero is fun. Q is great for setting up stuns and great for stopping teammates from making bad decisions. Just a really fun hero to play with.

Hylian7

Need mid for storm. I'll try SK more. Does shift queuing ult still work?
Nothing wrong with grabbing mid if you can get it and it wins games.

Yes, shift queueing absolutely still works. Also learn to bully lanes with caustic. Shit is fun.

Honestly people should use shift queueing more. You can apply it in many places so you can look elsewhere on the map while your hero is going some mundane task like farming jungle with right clicks. On Spectre, I usually Iron Talon, shift queue to attack the little guys then Desolate the big guy and then move on to wherever. Nice things like that definitely help.

Keep in mind that shift queue doesn't cancel backswing animations though, one example being March of the Machines with Tinker.

Chris R

I really don't care about lanes. I just want to win.

FML. Looking at all the games I've played since I started back, I've carried exactly 0 times.

I like playing a carry, but would rather play a game WITHOUT a carry than a game without a support, so I tend to support when I'm not playing something like all random or single draft.

Qvoth

just pick high win rate heroes like sb and omni
sb is 57% win rate in <2k~3k mmr
omni is 53~54%
sb has the added bonus of being a fun hero imo :p

i'm planning to add lich and underlord for my go to heroes other than those 2 above, they have high win rate as well

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I went to Cancel the Hula subscription I had the last few months since I never used it. Put the option that there isn't enough to watch as my cancellation reason. They are trying to sell me the showtime addon.

Their attempt to get me to not cancel, is to try and upsell me another $9 a month. That is ballsy.

Qvoth

LuL fnatic losing with 20k lead
ee really should just quit pro and be a full time streamer
edit: fnatic won :/
if mineski played a bit safer they might've won?

edit 2: the qualifiers use something called time rating? and now it seems like fnatic is already out? wtf?
not sure what's happening

shira

LuL fnatic losing with 20k lead
ee really should just quit pro and be a full time streamer
edit: fnatic won :/
if mineski played a bit safer they might've won?

edit 2: the qualifiers use something called time rating? and now it seems like fnatic is already out? wtf?
not sure what's happening
Lul PGL renegs on time rating
my boy abed left out. gg
Prolly gake

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It feels like it hasn't been since like 2013 or 2014 when a tournment used time rating right off the bat. I know a lot of tournaments technically use it if normal tie breakers fail twice, but it hasn't been pulled for a long time.

shira

It feels like it hasn't been since like 2013 or 2014 when a tournment used time rating right off the bat. I know a lot of tournaments technically use it if normal tie breakers fail twice, but it hasn't been pulled for a long time.
EE blames everyone but himself when his team is eliminated

I had a really bad run of 4 or 5 games where I was innefective or straight up bad and got moved to low priority queue, assuming because I was reported for Intentional feeding or whatever, just got out

Never again. Gonna be at pro status because of this shit

shira

I had a really bad run of 4 or 5 games where I was innefective or straight up bad and got moved to low priority queue, assuming because I was reported for Intentional feeding or whatever, just got out

Never again. Gonna be at pro status because of this shit

Yea, matchmaking is broken atm. I think all the English speakers have had enough and just moved on to overwaifu and pubg

Top Bottom