• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Wtf I leave Dota for like 2 years, come back and people still build **** manta style on Dusa?!?!?!?!

Like ****, stop. Manta is not good on Dusa. It's situational at best. Buy a **** MKB or some damage so you can do your job.

Dusa is a tank (stats) carry, not single-target DPS. That is why the typical build is 4 ultimate orbs worth of items, including Manta, which with splint shot, increases your DPS (spread out) significantly.

If you find yourself with MKB on Dusa instead of bfly, you were probably outpicked.

I miss iceiceice. His Invoker games will forever be burned into my mind as the best.

And Mushi on OD. Poor guy had a clown on his team destroy the aegis after rosh, and they got wiped in a teamfight immediately after.

shira

Dang Coffee Lake so soon, idk if it's worth upgrading my mobo - but 8700 sounds nice

Aw Geez, we could have had EE on the PPD stack, but Reso screwed up everything.
misc-fEEd.png

Chris R

8700 sounds nice, but what about zen 2?

My 3770 is getting old and needs replacing :(

I'd have a Threadripper rig right now if they had a mATX board lul

Tuorom

Neo Member
Dusa is a tank (stats) carry, not single-target DPS. That is why the typical build is 4 ultimate orbs worth of items, including Manta, which with splint shot, increases your DPS (spread out) significantly.

If you find yourself with MKB on Dusa instead of bfly, you were probably outpicked.

The math for it was worked out on the old dota forums like 5 years ago, and it was concluded that manta barely offers any damage because the illusions hardly do any damage (bear in mind this is for manta first item compared to other pathways).

Butterfly is indeed a good option.

Twookie

Aw Geez, we could have had EE on the PPD stack, but Reso screwed up everything.

envy sounds like an asshole honestly

"Demon convinces EE to join Fnatic with him. Ohaiyo agrees to take them.
Once on Fnatic, EE convinces Ohaiyo to take pieliedie instead of Demon"

Chris R

You laugh now but shit is lit.

Even more so when for all the people streaming games, got cores/threads for days to take care of that streaming stuff while others focus on the game. Sure it's not as fast as Intel, but hopefully in a few years devs get better at using more cores/threads in their games :(

JoeInky

What is it that makes people gravitate towards LC jungle anyway?

Seems to always be people who try to take the safelane but someone else does, so they just go straight to the jungle with LC.

Very rarely does she end up being anything more than what feels like a nonfactor.

Fuchsdh

Seems to always be people who try to take the safelane but someone else does, so they just go straight to the jungle with LC.

Very rarely does she end up being anything more than what feels like a nonfactor.

The nice thing about LC jungle is that she can pop out and clean up for early duels and influence things while still mostly farming, but like a lot of strats I don't really see the utility at anything above average MMR. Jungling is a game that you only win if the other team lets you.

shira

You laugh now but shit is lit.

Even more so when for all the people streaming games, got cores/threads for days to take care of that streaming stuff while others focus on the game. Sure it's not as fast as Intel, but hopefully in a few years devs get better at using more cores/threads in their games :(
Literally lit? Like they run so hot you can bbq whilst faming

buff techies

all the lanes are taken and they dont wanna play support

shira

It's very easy to do since she has lifesteal and heal

Qvoth

seems like the TI curse has hit kuroky
matu will serve the army or some shit right? anyone knows for how long?
in another news, even puppey got married

edit: huh zai and kuroky came to puppey's wedding
no bad blood i guess

shira

If it was all CG'd, it'd look as bad as that water bottle replacement does :p
Uncanny valley stuff like rogue1/tron2 really bother me but fx like these and the splatoon esports crowd segment in the Switch reveal trailer don't bother me at all.

Played Rhasta last night. My team won, but fun was minimal. I just don't get a thrill from disabling heroes so other people can kill them, nor am I so bad that I'm going to waste throwing down wards to take out someone who is already about to die, or a tower that is already going to fall.

My one regret is that I finished agh before shipper cape. Had I had shimmer, the enemy Slark would not have gotten 2 sneaky kills out of me. Once I got the free gold perk, I just carried sentries.

Also, my teammate played Oracle excellently.

shira

Kill is a kill

It's the new Immortals team duh
pleeeease

definitely patch first lul
They are #2 NA I think. Possibly #1 since dubu is a better drafter than cr1t or fear.

New Col could be #2. Lul rtur might need amother plan b come March

I had dream that wyvern was reworked. Her ulti makes the map covered and ice. It makes enemy heroes slippery. When they bump with another hero/unit they would be slowed and had break debuff applied to them. lmao.

Top Bottom