• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doug Cockle, voice of The Witcher Geralt, doesn't have a cameo in Cyberpunk 2077

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It seemed like a cameo opportunity too good to miss. Even Doug Cockle, the English voice of Geralt in The Witcher games, was up for it. "Absolutely!" he told me when we met a few years ago, and I wrote a piece about him.

"I have joked with [CD Projekt Red] about bringing me in as an Easter egg. I've jokingly said, 'You've gotta bring me in as a bartender the player has to interact with for at least one quest. A bartender named Gerry who has some waiting staff, Trisha or Jenny or something like that.'"

Alas, as I found out today, it never panned out. I checked in with Cockle, ahead of Cyberpunk's 10th December release, and he told me he never got the call from CD Projekt Red.

"Sadly, I haven't had any involvement with Cyberpunk thus far," he said. "It was mentioned long ago but [CDPR] hasn't brought me in for anything. I'm kinda sad about it actually!

"Oh well," he added. "Maybe in the future..."

Mhmmm 2077

Why should he though? In polish version of Cyberpunk Geralt's voice actor doesn't have a cameo too... although Johnny Silverhand is being voiced by another witcher - the 2002 polish TV series one.

This

alanah-pearce-cyberpunk-2077-nomad-screenshot.jpg

was more important than this

daaa52df4c11d6a519e033db4817b3ec.jpg

what a bunch of idiots.

Last edited:

Rikkori

CDPR getting too big for their breeches. How you not gonna give your iconic VA from the previous series any work but you'll put every influencer cunt and dick and give them cameos? Pathetic.

Top Bottom