• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Downtown Houston - Food Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

olimario

Banned
Can some houston people familiar with downtown clue me in on some nice places to eat in a nicer part of downtown?

Maybe a nice deli or italian place.
or a jazz club with some decent food.

I know nothing about DT H-Town

olimario

Banned
18 and 19
How much? Some semi fancy shmancy place would be nice.
Id be going out Wednesday or Thursday late evening.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
OK, here is a list of places I have been to and a short description:

Cafe Express -1422 W Gray, It is a Sandwich and Salad spot. Pretty nice and if you go during the early evening, it is really cool as it has a view of Main. Not really a place to take someone to impress someone, but I like it because it is really laid back and has tables out on the sidewalk. I great place to start an evening.

Downtown Aquarium - 410 Bagby St. Really fancy. Very pricey but probably the most impressive restaurant in the city. Food is so-so, but again you are going for the atmosphere more than anything. This definitely fits in the fancy category.

Mingalone Italian Bar & Grill - 540 Texas Ave Bayou Place. Cool place, I just hit the place for drinks one night, but I have heard the food is really good, yet the service is hit or miss which can result in your food being warm instead of hot when it gets to you. I would think if you go on a night there is no opera, the service should be fine.

Saba Blue Water Cafe - 416 Main. I have had a great time everytime I have gone there. It is seafood, but the service is great. the place is never packed, so it is a quiet place with a nice, clean design.

Sake Lounge - 500 Texas Ave Bayou Place. Sushi joint, very classy. Priced right and pretty much in walking distance of everything. Very good service too.

Those are just the places I have been too. Hopefully this helps.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
I second Mingalone's. Yummy Italian food, not too expensive you'll feel comfortable all dressed up or in jeans and a collared shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom