• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon :(

S'all good! I'm a few weeks into it already, which is why my Post Per Day count went up 1 already... Forgot the NWC was that day, too.

And wait, Trunks went Super Saiyan off-screen in the manga? Him going Super Saiyan was my first episode (I got on the DBZ train kind of late; it just hit hard)!

I'm 100% sure this is how the special is going to end.

https://youtu.be/m9uVehLxT4g?t=2m18s

Throw me in on that bet.

cordy

Banned
I glanced at the last few pages and saw people are making lists. Is it of their top five DB characters? If so, the definitive list is:

1. Gohan: They have given my boy Gohan a ton of development and it has been great seeing where they have taken him. He never wanted to be a fighter, he did it because he felt he had to. Dude decided to go home and be a family man after Buu and you gotta respect that. He was trying to build himself a normal life, that is what the Z fighters were supposed to be fighting for in the first place. I loved Trunks being initially disappointed in Gohan only to realize that the life Gohan was living was what he had been fighting for all along. Gohan won at life. He has his daughter Pan, his wife Videl, his father Piccolo and his father in law Hercule who are all good people. Also I really wish they would have kept his Resurrection F hair.

2. Vegeta: Has also seen a lot of development and it is always great to see a character show that zebra can change its strips. The differences in interactions between Vegeta and Future Trunks in Z and Super are like night and day and do a fantastic job at showcasing his growth. Him taking a bullet from Zamasu for Trunks after their Galick Gun fails was fantastic. Everything relating to the birth of his daughter was also great.

3. Piccolo: His transition from fighter to father figure has been disappointing to some but I love it. For as much as Gohan has grown and changed he is still Piccolo's baby and dude never hesitates to take a hit for him. That said he also isn't afraid to hit him with that reality when he needs it, like after Gohan got his ultimate form back.

4. Android 18: Her arc from the Android saga to now has been great. For as much as I love Gohan and Videl, the best couple in the show is totally 18 and Krillin. 18, much like Piccolo, is not afraid to call out a loved one for their shit. Her brief interactions with Krillin are also great, and you always get the sense that she really cares about him. That alone is enough to put her on this list, throw in all the bad ass moments she has had in the current tournament and she is totally one of the best characters in the series.

5. Videl: Similar to Gohan, it has been great to see her transition from Z as she decides she doesn't want to be about that life anymore. She started off as an arrogant Vegeta-like character but in Super she is completely calm and comfortable with where she is in life. If there has been any issue with her it is the extremely limited screen time she has had, but her arc has been great. Seeing her hit the actor with that ether was one of the best moments in Super.

Great list. I love all those characters. I say mine is

1.) Gohan
2.) Goku
3.) Piccolo
4.) 18
5.) Videl

Also, Gohan didn't become SSJ because of the big kamehameha in the manga. Goku told him to sit in a corner and do it.

About five chapters later, Gohan suddenly did it while Goku was off thinking.

I absolutely loved that preview. It makes me wonder why exactly they are revealing as much as they are. Something is definitely up. What else aren't they telling us?

Also, Gohan didn't become SSJ because of the big kamehameha in the manga. Goku told him to sit in a corner and do it.

About two chapters later, Gohan suddenly did it while Goku was off thinking.

* sigh * Fine.

Tingly back is cool, it was completely consistent with the rest of the series (or manga).

This fucking series.

I absolutely loved that preview. It makes me wonder why exactly they are revealing as much as they are. Something is definitely up. What else aren't they telling us?
Don't get your hopes up too much.

Magwik

Banned
First episode is secretly a recap episode
* sigh * Fine.

Tingly back is cool, it was completely consistent with the rest of the series (or manga).

This fucking series.

Don't get your hopes up too much.
Dragon Ball since Z doesn't make any sense. It's really not worth it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

About two chapters later, Gohan suddenly did it while Goku was off thinking.

This is one of the few times the anime filler was better. In the manga Goku isn't off thinking though, he's right there:
f7ilSr1.png

4bWyyS7.png

HardRojo

Thinking of what food to get to eat during the special. Treating this like E3 :/

I have a shit ton of Snickers bar in the fridge, probably enough I guess.

I'll have some beers, rum and coke and probably snacks like Doritos and chips. Saturday's gonna be great!

HeroR

About five chapters later, Gohan suddenly did it while Goku was off thinking.

Is that the picture with Goku sitting with head in his hand looking bored?

munchie64

I haven't really thought about favourite characters since I pretty much like them all to varying degrees. But I think it'd be...

1. Vegeta
2. Piccolo
3. Bulma
4. Future Trunks
5. Freeza
6. Gohan
7. Goku
8. 18
9. Mr. Satan
10. Krillin

All these previews are fake and we are just getting one hour of Goku fighting Ribrianne in base form

Jokes aside, I wonder how they'll manage Ribrianne. Will 17/Vegeta/18 enter the fight to let Goku fight Jiren, or will she be OHKO punched by Jiren himself?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Where's it going you think? Wanna let me know what everyone thinks is gonna happen? (with spoiler tags perhaps so people don't get spoiled)

He probably absorbs the spirit bomb and gets his form that way. Between how the aura looks, what we've been told, and what the trailer shows, it's probably what happens.

Chinner

Banned
They should make it so that gohan dies and that triggers Gokus new form. At least then gohan will finally advance the story in some way.

HardRojo

Wait, when did Gohan die? He didn't die in RoF, did he?
Edit: Unless you're talking about Future Gohan. Dude never stood a chance.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I wonder if goku's limit breaker form is just a sub transformation that's less powerful than super saiyan God blue. Or a very temporary stop gap before an eventual Super Saiyan God Limit Breaker Blue. I feel like that will be the case, this current advertised form is just some specialty form to counter a specific trait of Jiren.

I can't see the design being popular and assigned to other characters, like Vegeta.

HardRojo

For like 20 minutes at the end of the Buu saga with the rest of the Earth. Goku saved Mr Satan instead of him.

Ah yeah, I remember now. That's right before they went to the Supreme Kai's planet.
I wonder if goku's limit breaker form is just a sub transformation that's less powerful than super saiyan God blue. I feel like that will be the case, some specialty form to counter a specific trait of Jiren.

I can't see the design being popular and assigned to other characters, like Vegeta.
I'm just glad we're finally getting some naked torso Goku action, the new form is icing on the cake.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder if goku's limit breaker form is just a sub transformation that's less powerful than super saiyan God blue. I feel like that will be the case, some specialty form to counter a specific trait of Jiren.

It's probably a spirit bomb thing. If it is it opens up room for others to fight the big bad while he charges the form. So, like, if Freeza decides to come back and fuck everyone they can have Gohan or Vegeta or both or whoever get a turn before Goku uses his new form and finishes the fight.

It'd be a really easy way for them to work other characters into the story while not changing the basic structure of the series.

Mark1

Different times must affect a person’s link to that universe in Dragon ball. I’ll elaborate below:

As in the Tournament of Power arc - every person associated with their universe has been eliminated alongside the destruction of it.

Whereas when Future Zeno destroyed the Zamasu infected universe, Future Trunks and Mai managed to escape the same wrath.

Plot hole? Or deliberate?

Magwik

Banned
Different times must affect a person’s link to that universe in Dragon ball. I’ll elaborate below:

As in the Tournament of Power arc - every person associated with their universe has been eliminated alongside the destruction of it.

Whereas when Future Zeno destroyed the Zamasu infected universe, Future Trunks and Mai managed to escape the same wrath.

Plot hole? Or deliberate?
Wot

Timelines and universes are not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom