• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX

Different times must affect a person’s link to that universe in Dragon ball. I’ll elaborate below:

As in the Tournament of Power arc - every person associated with their universe has been eliminated alongside the destruction of it.

Whereas when Future Zeno destroyed the Zamasu infected universe, Future Trunks and Mai managed to escape the same wrath.

Plot hole? Or deliberate?

They literally did not exist in that universe at that time. That's why they escaped to a different reality in the past. Also everyone present in that future would have been erased, not just mai and trunks.

SSJLuffy

I just noticed on the official Funi subs Beerus is Beers and God of Destruction is Destroyer, as least as far as I could tell. Kinda weird

Skeeter49

All in on Tien winning this tournament.

The last 2 fighters will have a double ringout, everyone will be confused who won, until a Tien clone emerged from the rubble.

RocknRola

The last 2 fighters will have a double ringout, everyone will be confused who won, until a Tien clone emerged from the rubble.
We then find out that clone is actually Yamcha in disguise!!

#TrueHero #SaviourOfTheMultiverse

Protome

That'd be pretty hilarious.

The tournament is definitely ending with a timeout though. So clearly they run out of time with an even number of fighters then Tien clone shows up and tips the balance.

M.D

That'd be pretty hilarious.

The tournament is definitely ending with a timeout though. So clearly they run out of time with an even number of fighters then Tien clone shows up and tips the balance.
Then Tien gets erased for outside interference and literally no one cares and we go back to a tie

caliph95

Different times must affect a person’s link to that universe in Dragon ball. I’ll elaborate below:

As in the Tournament of Power arc - every person associated with their universe has been eliminated alongside the destruction of it.

Whereas when Future Zeno destroyed the Zamasu infected universe, Future Trunks and Mai managed to escape the same wrath.

Plot hole? Or deliberate?
Deliberate

In the tournament he is specifically erasing every trace of the universe since the fighters are in the tournament not in their universe

In Zamasu he likely just destroyed the universe and didn't think to include locals outside otherwise Trunks would have been gone

Slaythe

I certainly don't want Goku to get a power up like that on his own. Especially not through anger.

If he absorbs everyone's power at least it makes sense why he becomes so powerful so I'm OK with it.

CryptiK

So there was a new preview basically shows how
Goku gets his form, and it seems its from Jiren firing the Spiritbomb back at him. Some people called it. Grats to them

J4g3r

I'm really hoping this new form comes from
Goku absorbing energy of destruction which Jiren is forced to use (Belmod gives him some in that flashback from the preview maybe? Like what Sidra did with the dog dude) to counter the genki-dama.

Goku mastering that energy is far more interesting than basically what Trunks did last arc.

The dark sparks in that new preview have me hoping this is the case.

So there was a new preview basically shows how
Goku gets his form, and it seems its from Jiren firing the Spiritbomb back at him. Some people called it. Grats to them

I bet
Jiren throws it back effortlessly. Not even a Kid Buu-esque struggle.
Just flicks it back like "Yo whatevz."

HeroR

I'm really hoping this new form comes from
Goku absorbing energy of destruction which Jiren is forced to use (Belmod gives him some in that flashback from the preview maybe? Like what Sidra did with the dog dude) to counter the genki-dama.

Goku mastering that energy is far more interesting than basically what Trunks did last arc.

The dark sparks in that new preview have me hoping this is the case.

Why would Belmod give Jiren energy created to erased someone in a tournament with rules against killing?

Boss X

Banned
Has Jiren's age been discussed yet? I feel like he's 30 years younger than Goku, and that Toppo is more Goku/Vegeta's age. but this is DBS so for all I know Jiren is ancient.

caliph95

Has Jiren's age been discussed yet? I feel like he's 30 years younger than Goku, and that Toppo is more Goku/Vegeta's age. but this is DBS so for all I know Jiren is ancient.
Hit is a thousand years old and he looks around Goku's age

Piccolo is barely older than Gohan but is more mature than most of the cast

Age doesn't really matter in Dragon ball

M.D

DLKBJzEWAAA6jH7

Toei posted this on Twitter asking if you can guess the name of the new form

This originally showed up as a scan from a magazine last month I think

Would not be shocked if these are the last fighters remaining

caliph95

DLKBJzEWAAA6jH7

That Hit smile
What do you all think about Hit's english voice?
I expect him to sound a bit deeper but is good so far

Way better than Xenoverse

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dyspo is the breakout character for me this arc. I hated his design going in, but his focus on speed and heroic yet snarky attitude won me over really quickly.

J4g3r

Why would Belmod give Jiren energy created to erased someone in a tournament with rules against killing?

Something that has yet to be revealed and might very well be going off the first episode preview we got?

Honestly, I just don't want it to be the obvious outcome.

Slaythe

DLKBJzEWAAA6jH7

I think that's from the new Ending.

It's very unlikely all of those characters are the last remaining fighters.

Boss X

Banned
Hit is a thousand years old and he looks around Goku's age

Piccolo is barely older than Gohan but is more mature than most of the cast

Age doesn't really matter in Dragon ball
True that. I'm just wondering when Goku will get grey hair but seeing by the previews he gets grey eyes lol!

notaskwid

DLKBJzEWAAA6jH7

I'd bet my house these are not the last remaining characters.
Super Son Goku

Slaythe

I don't think it'll be permanent. If he gets it how everyone thinks he will (Spirit Bomb) then I feel he'll need to do the same steps to do it again.

I'm pretty sure he might be able to channel it in desperate moments if people are rooting hard for him kind of how it happened with Trunks (no need for an actual genkidama).

But yeah there's no way this is the new "super saiyan" form he'll turn into whenever he's in trouble like SSJ3.

I hope it's permanent. I feel like it could be a ssg situation, where his body becomes accustomed to the energy and he can use it whenever

Also, I'm not sure if
the ball is infused with hakai energy. I'm wondering if maybe Jiren grabs the bomb, and since he is possibly pure of heart,
infused his own Genki into it, fires it back at Goku. Goku absorbs the bomb with Jirens Genki infused, and that's why his eyes are silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom