• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
Yeah, but for Future Mai to exist, they would've had to have wished for youth back when Trunks was first born because Piccolo died right after. Given that those two timelines were concurrent until Frieza's appearance, when would that wish been made?

I, uh... Huh.

Didn't think about that. She's still cool, but now that sounds like a walking plot hole. You'd think the first thing the Z Warriors would do when Goku died would be to find the Dragon Balls.

HeroR

well raw power wise it passed SSB. It was mainly a joke

....but wait you're saying ssj3 did not surpass 2?

Well Super Saiyan 3 is stronger than 2. But it drains so much energy that it heavily cripples the form, which is why Goku hardly used it.

Yeah, but for Future Mai to exist, they would've had to have wished for youth back when Trunks was first born because Piccolo died right after. Given that those two timelines were concurrent until Frieza's appearance, when would that wish been made?

They made the wish some time during the three year time period before the androids arrived. That is the same in both timelines.

The wish was made right before Piccolo died.

NeonZ

That relationship is so weird to me. Future Mai should not exist.

The manga explained them making their wish around the time of the Android Saga, resulting in them becoming babies and growing up again from there, rather than children, which is why they also became younger in Future Trunks' timeline. The anime has given no explanation, but the manga's explanation is the only one that works.

So basically goku already surpassed SSB all that time ago, making it even more worthless of a transformation.
;)

If you can only access that much greater power in spurts or rare moments of desperation then that isn't properly surpassing anything. Even though I firmly believe the power displayed there was likely on another level from Super Saiyan Blue, Goku doesn't even understand how to release or use it whenever he wants.

With that said, so while Super Saiyan Blue may be weaker it's almost certainly a more reliable weapon in Goku's arsenal. Who knows, maybe once Goku uses the new power in these upcoming episodes and likely faints or becomes incapacitated he will have a much better understanding of how to utilize the power. I think what's going to take place is Toppo, Jiren will see how important it is to get rid of Goku before he releases that power again and that's when Universe 6 will likely end up coming to Goku's aide, paying back the debt they owe him from earlier in the tournament.

Where's the silver eyes then
It just seems like grasping at straws to make TOEI look like better writers than they actually are. When re-doing the BoG arc they probably didn't even have the framework for the U6 tournament finished.

They likely just didn't have that planned out yet. It isn't impossible that they had some kind of framework all along but decided later on the rest of the details. For example, Goku Black looked exactly like Goku up until he started using god ki in super saiyan rose, and then his eye color changed to grey. Goku's new eye color matches Black's eyes now apparently, possibly suggesting that Goku has now become a true god.

HeroR

I, uh... Huh.

Didn't think about that. She's still cool, but now that sounds like a walking plot hole. You'd think the first thing the Z Warriors would do when Goku died would be to find the Dragon Balls.

Dragon Ball can’t revived a natural death and Goku died to a virus.

Zubz

Banned
The manga explained them making their wish around the time of the Android Saga, resulting in them becoming babies and growing up again from there, rather than children, which is why they also became younger in Future Trunks' timeline. The anime has given no explanation, but the manga's explanation is the only one that works.

That makes sense, then. I thought the wish was made between the Buu & Battle of Gods Sagas, but that would make sense if they were de-aged all the way back to infancy & just grew from there.

Huh. I actually never knew that. Either that, or I did & forgot about it. I guess the only character the cast would try it on would've been Grandpa Gohan, & I recall him wanting to remain dead.

HeroR

That makes sense, then. I thought the wish was made between the Buu & Battle of Gods Sagas, but that would make sense if they were de-aged all the way back to infancy & just grew from there.

Huh. I actually never knew that. Either that, or I did & forgot about it. I guess the only character the cast would try it on would've been Grandpa Gohan, & I recall him wanting to remain dead.

Grandpa Gohan didn’t die naturally. He was stepped on by Great Ape Goku.

Cimarron

Yeah. Look how well it worked on Nappa, the Ginyu Force, Frieza before Goku went Super Saiyan, and Buu.

Worked on Vegeta! ;)

To be fair all those times you mentioned people where still standing in thr sidelines. The only times the whole gang jumped a villian like a bunch a kids afterschool was Vegeta, Cell, and almost Beerus. They will be fine if they dog pile him. :)

i doubt this fact will ever hold up. the time space chamber for ex had a rule that only two ppl could be in it at any given time. Yet piccol, goten, trunks, and buu were all in there at once

DB has no rules

Kevinroc

The natural causes limitation only exists to explain away why Goku wasn't around for the Androids. If they ever have reason to get rid of it, they will. And they'll do it in such a way that doesn't create a massive plot hole (hopefully.)

i doubt this fact will ever hold up. the time space chamber for ex had a rule that only two ppl could be in it at any given time. Yet piccol, goten, trunks, and buu were all in there at once

DB has no rules

It's just that there is only enough food for 2 people for a full year.
Guess they stocked up real big for Goku and Vegeta's 3 year stay.
Wasn't Dende the guardian at that point?
Dende wasn't ever God in Trunks' timeline and he wasn't God until after the androids showed up in the "main" timeline.

It's just that there is only enough food for 2 people for a full year.
Guess they stocked up real big for Goku and Vegeta's 3 year stay.

Dende wasn't ever God in Trunks' timeline and he wasn't God until after the androids showed up in the "main" timeline.
I see. I misremembered him becoming guardian right after Freeiza saga.

Babies?

What was even the wording on the ... Why would they ... How would they even function? This fucking series man.

When was this said?

Earlier in the series. They definitely said when explaining the Namekian dragon balls, but I can't pinpoint when it was said on earth.

Does anyone have a version of this with a transparent background? If not can someone make one?
DIVWCsuXkAIJjmw.jpg:large
It's for the next OT
Also titles needed.

Ashodin

Does anyone have a version of this with a transparent background? If not can someone make one?

It's for the next OT
Also titles needed.

Here you go

q29Jxux.png

also

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Is such a thing possible? Yes, it is.
Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Aliens
Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Gray Skin vs. Gray Eyes
Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Limitbreak Now, Survivor Later
Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Two Men Enter, One (or Both) Leaves
Dragon Ball Super |OT9| A subtle 7-11 advertisement within.
Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Superman vs. Goku

HeroR

The natural causes limitation only exists to explain away why Goku wasn't around for the Androids. If they ever have reason to get rid of it, they will. And they'll do it in such a way that doesn't create a massive plot hole (hopefully.)

The natural cause line was said back in the Namek Saga when Kami was explaining the Dragon Ball's rules to King Kai and Toriyama doesn't plan ahead. So the line didn't just exists so Toriyama could make the future timeline.

Don't the Namek Dragon Balls not have that same restriction?

Denda said the same thing about the Namekian Dragon Balls. When he pointed out that Krillin could be revived with their Dragon Balls since they didn't have on per wish limit, he said the Namekian dragon can revived someone as many times as he wants, as long as the death wasn't natural.

Kevinroc

The natural cause line was said back in the Namek Saga when Kami was explaining the Dragon Ball's rules to King Kai and Toriyama doesn't plan ahead. So the line didn't just exists so Toriyama could make the future timeline.

Toriyama does plan ahead. Sometimes. Occasionally. Once in a while.

(Piccolo being an alien was something he decided well before the group actually had to go to Namek. A rare example of Toriyama planning ahead!)

HeroR

Toriyama does plan ahead. Sometimes. Occasionally. Once in a while.

(Piccolo being an alien was something he decided well before the group actually had to go to Namek. A rare example of Toriyama planning ahead!)

That wasn't that far ahead, especially given where the 'no natural death' cause came in and when the Android Saga started.

HardRojo

Yeah, though I remember someone complaining about the titles containing spoilers and, well... I think it doesn't mean shit without context and I love the pun lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom