• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I... would actually be fine with that. They need some spotlight, & it'd be nice to see Maron be more than that daughter Krillin & 18 dote on.

We're in the middle of a tournament, Goku is about to get a new transformation, why, why would you ask for that?

Slaythe

I am fairly certain we'll get a mini arc featuring the kids, maybe even including 17's sons.

He has one biological son, since they teased that Marron inherited the "super human" genes, I'm pretty sure that's where they're headed with this, one of 17's kids will have his powers. I'd die if we get Marron and her Cousin together in the future... omg

Zubz

Banned
We're in the middle of a tournament, Goku is about to get a new transformation, why, why would you ask for that?

We've been in the tournament for episodes. I'd be cool with a break from the action. Besides, Trunks & Goten have needed a story since Episode 1; the closest we've gotten since was Kid Trunks giving Future Trunks a motivational speech. And if we're already looking to retcon Roshi perving during End of Z, I'm fine with retconning it so that Marron's a fighter, as well. This could be her big debut!

We've been in the tournament for episodes. I'd be cool with a break from the action. Besides, Trunks & Goten have needed a story since Episode 1; the closest we've gotten since was Kid Trunks giving Future Trunks a motivational speech. And if we're already looking to retcon Roshi perving during End of Z, I'm fine with retconning it so that Marron's a fighter, as well. This could be her big debut!

I mean, I get it, but still Trunks and Goten fans are so weird to me.

Real Hero

I'd rather we have an episode that explores the capsule corps exploitation of child labour than one with goten and trunks doing anything

Slaythe

Including a Goten and Trunks episode NOW would be basically sending the characters to die because of all the resentment they'll get for delaying the fight.

Ogodei

I'd rather we have an episode that explores the capsule corps exploitation of child labour than one with goten and trunks doing anything

Pilaf uses the one-hour absence of all the strong fighters to seize the Dragon Balls and is ruler of the world when everyone gets back.

A cutaway to a bunch of goobers while the main event is reaching/reached its climax? I thought this was Dragonball not Naruto Shippuuden.

LotusHD

Banned
Why do people want to see Trunks and Goten so badly? They're not even doing anything interesting...

It's not like other shounen arcs where you got a bunch of actually interesting subplots going on at the same time, literally the tournament is the only engaging thing we have going on right now.

Cimarron

“What would that make him, double ascended?”

image.php

Why do people want to see Trunks and Goten so badly? They're not even doing anything interesting...

It's not like other shounen arcs where you got a bunch of actually interesting subplots going on at the same time, literally the tournament is the only engaging thing we have going on right now.
Not right now. After the tournament.

He has one biological son, since they teased that Marron inherited the "super human" genes, I'm pretty sure that's where they're headed with this, one of 17's kids will have his powers. I'd die if we get Marron and her Cousin together in the future... omg
He also has an adopted son, right?

RocknRola

It would still be better than Tien’s output during the entire arc :p

I assume Goku's entire shirt comes off once he reawakens in whatever that new form happens to be. I assume it will more than likely be some type of new god transformation.

I wonder how safe such a thing is, and if it will be something Goku can do again if he decides to intentionally absorb a Genkidama at some point again in the future?

Zubz

Banned
Pilaf uses the one-hour absence of all the strong fighters to seize the Dragon Balls and is ruler of the world when everyone gets back.

Honestly, I'd like this. I got sold on the idea of a Yamcha-side story during the hour-long gap, so now I actually want something to be happening on Earth while everyone powerful except Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Chi-Chi, the kids, Buu, & Videl are away (Unless Launch & Tao Pai Pai are still alive). Especially since the kids are distracted, Chi-Chi & Videl retired, & Buu's asleep for the next couple of months.

But we don't quite know that this plot won't be interesting yet, right? I mean, they're going to be fighting poachers! That-

Or wait. Did we put a moratorium on poachers jokes?

One person on this page said they wouldn't mind having said episode now. Blackleg from earlier asked people if they'd mind seeing what they're up to in the middle of the tournament.

You know it.

I wonder if Goku's new form will have a proper name, or are we going to call it limit breaker?

He ended up absorbing that Genkidama while having both Kaioken (presumably x20) combined with Super Saiyan Blue. So some kind of god power might just be in the mix in his new transformation.

I wonder if Goku's new form will have a proper name, or are we going to call it limit breaker?

He ended up absorbing that Genkidama while having both Kaioken (presumably x20) combined with Super Saiyan Blue. So some kind of god power might just be in the mix in his new transformation.

SSBSSGSS

I don't get why they carry it all into one with the naming scheme. Just call it something and drop the other prefixes would be much easier.

HeroR

Jiren will most likely be weakened to near SSB levels.

So Kale, Vegeta and Gohan can match that. 17 and True Golden Frieza as well.

So fighting Goku will make Jiren over 20x weaker? That’s a bigger power than even Vegeta’s near crippled self in the Saiyan Saga.

That's just base Goku tho

A base Goku once it was all said and done, but he definitely tapped into a far greater power at some point during that exchange, the same power he's about to unleash this Saturday but possibly won't be able to maintain. Remember his hair is black is new form also.

HardRojo

Didn't see if people commented about it yesterday but Zeno's LatAm voice is soooo good. Really similar to the Japanese one.

Yup, he is. Future Mai also has the same VA as OG Mai (which is Videl's).
1 week now, sí?
Do they refer to him as "Zeno" in the LatAm dub? What do they call King Kai (Kaio) or Supreme Kai (Kaioshin)?
They put a little emphasis in the pause between Zen and Ou, so it doesn't sound like seno (female human breast). They're calling him Zen Ou-sama.

Zubz

Banned
That relationship is so weird to me. Future Mai should not exist.

Why's that? The relationship part's weird, but it makes sense. Pilaf Gang's incompetent to make a wish that backfires, said wish made them younger, then when we get back to Trunks' future, it's believable they'd make a similar wish & then grow up, & that having lived through King Piccolo, the Future Androids, & brief bits with Frieza, Dabura, & Buu before capping off with Goku Black would mean she could easily become an adept fighter, albeit with firearms.

It's fine for Future Trunks & Future Mai since they're both adults, at least. Kid Trunks & De-Aged Mai Who Is Actually Older Than Goku being teased is the only weird part, but I'm sure they can get away from that. Different timelines & what not mean they're not locked-into that relationship.

Magwik

Banned
A base Goku once it was all said and done, but he definitely tapped into a far greater power at some point during that exchange, the same power he's about to unleash this Saturday but possibly won't be able to maintain. Remember his hair is black is new form also.
Where's the silver eyes then
It just seems like grasping at straws to make TOEI look like better writers than they actually are. When re-doing the BoG arc they probably didn't even have the framework for the U6 tournament finished.

Why's that? The relationship part's weird, but it makes sense. Pilaf Gang's incompetent to make a wish that backfires, said wish made them younger, then when we get back to Trunks' future, it's believable they'd make a similar wish & then grow up, & that having lived through King Piccolo, the Future Androids, & brief bits with Frieza, Dabura, & Buu before capping off with Goku Black would mean she could easily become an adept fighter, albeit with firearms.

It's fine for Future Trunks & Future Mai since they're both adults, at least. Kid Trunks & De-Aged Mai Who Is Actually Older Than Goku being teased is the only weird part, but I'm sure they can get away from that. Different timelines & what not mean they're not locked-into that relationship.

Yeah, but for Future Mai to exist, they would've had to have wished for youth back when Trunks was first born because Piccolo died right after. Given that those two timelines were concurrent until Frieza's appearance, when would that wish been made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom