• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake Releases November 14, 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
GQXJtleXsAA06sp

dragon-quest-iii-hd2d-remake-collectors-edition-ps5-xbox-v0-Miy90e66SyHiTOATamUM0XYxDPyRd8857KMCHcowyRs.jpg

Last edited:

yankee666

Gold Member
YESSSS!!!, i hope there is a collector edition
Its gonna be more tha 30 years since I played the original on the famicom, and i missed most of the story cause i dindt know japanese :messenger_grinning_sweat:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Comparison of the first reveal vs the latest footage.

dragon-quest-iii-hd-2d-remake-saldra-en-consolas-y-pc-cover665449dd171c5.jpg

pt1fy3j.png

They really put some work into those sprites lol, although I'm not sure I prefer the old, more pixelated style to them. :pie_thinking:

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Looks like more of a re-imagining than a remake. There was quite a few scenes and locations in the trailer that weren't in the original game. So they're hubbing it out.

I wonder if they're gonna do the same to DQ1 and 2. Those two in particular are pretty barebones. DQ3 was the first game in the series that I felt really "nailed" it. 1 and 2 are more or less prototypes.

DonF

Gold Member
DQI Is so short, they should remake it fully. I think it has lots of cryptic old school things to it, with a facelift and less obscure mechanics and some extras it would be an awesome game

Saber

Gold Member
Comparison of the first reveal vs the latest footage.

dragon-quest-iii-hd-2d-remake-saldra-en-consolas-y-pc-cover665449dd171c5.jpg

pt1fy3j.png

They really put some work into those sprites lol, although I'm not sure I prefer the old, more pixelated style to them. :pie_thinking:

Maybe they gonna use 2 approachs, the original classic sprites and the normal revised ones. I would prefer the old ones, but got no problem with the new worked sprites as well.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Maybe they gonna use 2 approachs, the original classic sprites and the normal revised ones. I would prefer the old ones, but got now problem with the new worked sprites as well.
Just noticed, the warrior is holding a scythe while having her sword on her back.

Maybe we get different sprites depending on the weapon they have equipped? That would be cool.

Top Bottom