• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest: Builders |OT| - "If you build it, they will come."

Daouzin

broke the game an hour in... Im supposed to cook mushrooms in a kitchen i just made and when i do i cant complete the quest Rolli wont acknowledge that i made them

I did a similar thing, I think. I just collected another 9 mushrooms and made another 3 skewers and it worked itself out. I didn't have to restart or anything.

zMiiChy-

Banned
Enjoying this game on the VITA so far :)
I have a couple of questions though, if anyone would be able to help.

-Can you run in this game? Or move faster in any way?
-Can you expand your inventory space at all?
-Is there any way to cross deep water? Can you swim?
-Is there any way to quit the game without closing it out entirely?
-What's the cutest monster in this game? 0:

Arkeband

Banned
UPS still has not delivered my copy from Amazon,they've never come this late before. Grrrrrrrr

Yeah, same here. They actually logged a false "delivery attempted" report because I was waiting for the package and they never showed up. Good thing their customer support closes an hour before they finish delivering packages, otherwise they'd be able to re-deliver!

bodine1231

Yeah, same here. They actually logged a false "delivery attempted" report because I was waiting for the package and they never showed up. Good thing their customer support closes an hour before they finish delivering packages, otherwise they'd be able to re-deliver!

I might just get it digitally and get it with Rez to take advantage of the $15 off deal the PSN has right now.

Cronee

I'm only a few hours in bit I havent found a way to go faster, but there are quick travel thing to unlock.

Once you get a little past where the demo stops, you'll unlock a larger inventory.

Haven't found a way to swim, probably can't at all.

I'm on ps4 (demoed the vita version but.. no physical release =( ) and I can't quit without closing it.

And.. I find the whole art style cute, can't just pick one.

UPS is probably slammed due to the three day weekend thing, it would explain late deliveries and them being jerks in other ways trying to make up time on a busy day.

My copy was delivered during the typical window for us, usually between Noon and 5pm, and they never ring the doorbell or knock so it wasn't surprising that they didn't again.

Anyway, I'm going to take it easy with this one, I think. Definitely going to try to put in at least 90 minutes per day, and try to have it done by the time WoFF comes out, but my stamina hasn't been great lately and I have no privacy to play the PS4 in. Eh.

SkyOdin

I'm a few hours into the game, so I can answer some of these.

Apparently, certain clothes can increase your movement speed. Creating shortcuts over/through mountains is the best way to cut down on travel time, though. Returning home is just a matter of using a chimera wing.

After you build a certain item, inventory stops being an issue completely.

It looks like the only way to cross deep water so far is using the teleporters.

Guys I bought a game that didn't have a day one patch...I'm scared!

Let's see how fast I get through the demo content since I've already done it twice!

BooJoh

I had no problems redeeming my Day One or Amazon DLC codes, I just have no idea when/how to access them in-game.

CrazyHal

The ps4 version seems to be sold out on amazon.ca aside from 3rd party sellers. First DQ VII and now this.

Square should ship more copies up there. We like Dragon Quest too.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Knowing that everything you do will be permanent makes the experience even more fun, as in, you're not going to waste time building up a town and have to start over.

I am basically at the point where the demo ended. Beat the Dragon way faster this time too. Small things are different in the full game like an arch being present before the Dragon fight.

I might be doing something wrong but I don't seem to be getting town points from mushrooms or flowers.

When you progress in the story to a new scenario you will be having to build up a new town again from scratch. So just keep that in mind.

The ps4 version seems to be sold out on amazon.ca aside from 3rd party sellers. First DQ VII and now this.

Square should ship more copies up there. We like Dragon Quest too.

That might explain why my preordered copy is going to take 2 weeks to arrive... Hopefully its still the version with dlc.

Definitely enjoyed my time with the demo, so I've purchased the Vita version. Now to go back through all of that opening stuff....

Daouzin

Definitely enjoyed my time with the demo, so I've purchased the Vita version. Now to go back through all of that opening stuff....

I was hoping the demo would be different than the opening to the actual game. Was disappointed that it wasn't. However, directly after the demo portion of the game , it opens up IMMENSELY. I have so many recipes to try and so many random tasks to accomplish.

I was afraid the demo would oversell how addicting it would be, but if anything it undersold it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Gonna try the demo as I forgot this was even coming out. It looks rather cracky, like something I'll get addicted to. Is it quite relaxing to play? I want a new leveling up/collectathon/Fantasy Life style game.

zMiiChy-

Banned
I'm only a few hours in bit I havent found a way to go faster, but there are quick travel thing to unlock.

Once you get a little past where the demo stops, you'll unlock a larger inventory.

Haven't found a way to swim, probably can't at all.

I'm on ps4 (demoed the vita version but.. no physical release =( ) and I can't quit without closing it.

And.. I find the whole art style cute, can't just pick one.

I'm a few hours into the game, so I can answer some of these.

Apparently, certain clothes can increase your movement speed. Creating shortcuts over/through mountains is the best way to cut down on travel time, though. Returning home is just a matter of using a chimera wing.

After you build a certain item, inventory stops being an issue completely.

It looks like the only way to cross deep water so far is using the teleporters.
Thank you! ^^

Nags

Banned
broke the game an hour in... Im supposed to cook mushrooms in a kitchen i just made and when i do i cant complete the quest Rolli wont acknowledge that i made them

Crap, this just happened to me with the Blacksmith Studio request. Tried to take down the sack, sign and sconce, then replace them but it's not working.
Dammit this is really frustrating... how could the devs not anticipate that players might have a piece of that request already done before actually getting it from a villager?

EDIT: Just tried reloading an old save and doing it again. Took down the sack I had up previously before accepting the request. Still didn't work. This is some serious bullshit, I was really enjoying this game too, ugh.

Unknown?

Now you guys are scaring me. Have you found a work around? Does saving and rebooting work? I'll just save often I guess.

Nags

Banned
Now you guys are scaring me. Have you found a work around? Does saving and rebooting work? I'll just save often I guess.

Resetting the game and trying to load a previous save has not worked for me. My progression is at a complete halt right now. Think I might make a thread about this.
I'm going to try and raise my base another level and see if that triggers anything.

Nags

Banned
What? I had already made several stools before that. Are you sure you're not missing one stool? It's two for the dressing room.

Yup, tried with 2.

Just raised my base another level. Nothing triggered as far completing requests. Workshop request isn't completing despite having all the requisite items in there. Going to try and remake the dressing room again.

EDIT: GAAHHHH I FORGOT TO PUT A FUCKING SCONCE IN THE DRESSING ROOM. Okay that's fixed. My user error.
Now to try and find a workaround for the workshop.

Nags

Banned
I'm just going to try and rebuild the whole workshop from scratch.... or maybe I should take out the forge from the same room I have the workstation in...

EDIT: Aaaaand that worked, taking out the forge I mean.

Thank god, ugh what the hell did I do to myself.

EDIT 2: And now he wants me to put the forge in, lol. Oh but that wasn't really a request, just a suggestion.

Faustek

Weird that the localisation would bug out the game. Beat it on Vita, Japanese version, without any problems and spent way to many hours in free mode.

Nags

Banned
Weird that the localisation would bug out the game. Beat it on Vita, Japanese version, without any problems and spent way to many hours in free mode.

All the issues I had were technically my fault. I did stuff before I was asked to. With the dressing room, I just forgot to put a light source, which I should have known is a rule of thumb for making rooms.

Faustek

Hmm, that shouldn't be a problem though. I made rooms before being asked as well and I just remade them again when asked. 5000 points yo!!

Top Bottom