• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest III HD-2D is coming to PS5, Switch, Xbox Series and PC

I can't remember if I played Legend of Mana. I played so many games my memory sometimes isn't good.

I think I had it for the Switch. I don't know where it is though.

JRPG fans eating good this year.

F6dcAUQ.jpeg

There was a recent HD Remaster of Legend of Mana that's out for all the systems including Switch and Steam

I highly recommend it

It's Playstation 1 Mana that's been Remasterd. It's fun just using the map to put the symbols on there any way you want and it usually changes the story. So each playthrough is different if you're not using a guide.

I highly reccomand it if you don't mind nonlinearity in JRPGS.

Still the best looking Mana game to date too

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
There was a recent HD Remaster of Legend of Mana that's out for all the systems including Switch and Steam

I highly recommend it

It's Playstation 1 Mana that's been Remasterd. It's fun just using the map to put the symbols on there any way you want and it usually changes the story. So each playthrough is different if you're not using a guide.

I highly reccomand it if you don't mind nonlinearity in JRPGS.

Still the best looking Mana game to date too
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check out Legend of Mana.

I don't mind non linearity in jrpgs. To be honest It's hard to think of a jrpg I didn't like.

That sounds fun and unique. I don't think I remember playing an jrpg where my actions changed the story. It sounds highly replayable. Just to see all the different stories.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check out Legend of Mana.

I don't mind non linearity in jrpgs. To be honest It's hard to think of a jrpg I didn't like.

That sounds fun and unique. I don't think I remember playing an jrpg where my actions changed the story. It sounds highly replayable. Just to see all the different stories.

There's one main story but it's all the side stories that you can discover that makes that game the best Mana in that franchise

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
There's one main story but it's all the side stories that you can discover that makes that game the best Mana in that franchise
I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I enjoyed the side stories in lost odyssey that were optional reading. I think they were the protagonists memories.

Visions of Mana will be the first entirely new mana in what 20 years? Surprised it took so long.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I enjoyed the side stories in lost odyssey that were optional reading. I think they were the protagonists memories.

Visions of Mana will be the first entirely new mana in what 20 years? Surprised it took so long.

Lost Odyssey is fantastic. I loved reading the short stories too

I'm not sure how I feel about Vision of Mana. It looks good but we shall see

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Lost Odyssey is fantastic. I loved reading the short stories too

I'm not sure how I feel about Vision of Mana. It looks good but we shall see
Lost odyssey is one of my favorites of all time. First game to make me tear up. I cared about the characters like they were real.

Rumor has it that a new Blue Dragon game will be revealed at the Xbox showcase in June. It was made by Lost Odyssey developer.

I hope it's a sequel or remake.

Lost odyssey is one of my favorites of all time. First game to make me tear up. I cared about the characters like they were real.

Rumor has it that a new Blue Dragon game will be revealed at the Xbox showcase in June. It was made by Lost Odyssey developer.

I hope it's a sequel or remake.

I hope a new Blue Dragon game coming rumor is true

I love Blue Dragon on Xbox 360. Was my first game I played on a HDTV

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I hope a new Blue Dragon game coming rumor is true

I love Blue Dragon on Xbox 360. Was my first game I played on a HDTV
Lost odyssey and blue dragon were the first jrpgs i played and beat. Since then I fell in love with jrpgs and started buying them.

Blue dragon is a great game, I'm sure a new game would have made Akira proud.

I recently beat it a few years ago. After grinding levels a bunch. I couldn't beat it back as a teenager. The bosses were difficult.

Really? Thats good to hear.

Educated Guess 👀 👀

Lost odyssey and blue dragon were the first jrpgs i played and beat. Since then I fell in love with jrpgs and started buying them.

Blue dragon is a great game, I'm sure a new game would have made Akira proud.

I recently beat it a few years ago. After grinding levels a bunch. I couldn't beat it back as a teenager. The bosses were difficult.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Yeah, it's time to end cross gen. Too bad CoD is still cross gen.
It'll be interesting to see how quickly people migrate to switch 2. And what percentage of them stay on their switch.

I think i read with Playstation around 50% have made to jump to ps5. Should increase with gta 6 and ac shadows.

Kinda got off topic lol.

Andyliini

Gold Member
I would be especially happy if the original trilogy would get a remake treatment. Would also explain why they took their time between announcement and now. In such case, my only wish is for all three getting a physical release on Switch. I'd be sure to buy them all.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Yeah going forward I'm a Switch 2/Steamdeck OLED gamer

I'll eventually upgrade my Gaming PC
I miss my og steam deck. Had to sell when funds were tight.

No gaming pc, but my steam library is massive.

I have all 3 console systems.

So, Midori said that they apparently remade the first 3 DQ games indeed. That's pretty cool.

Yeah that probably explains why it's taking so long for these dragon quest remakes.

Andyliini

Gold Member
I hope this is just one SKU. I don't want Square/Horii to pull an Atlus and sell each game for 40€...
I think 3 is such an iconic game (especially in Japan) that they might like to sell that standalone. Then again Dragon Quest 1 is a very small game, so selling that alone wouldn't work that well. Maybe they'll go SNES style, and pack 1&2 together, but 3 will be standalone.

Hudo

Gold Member
I think 3 is such an iconic game (especially in Japan) that they might like to sell that standalone. Then again Dragon Quest 1 is a very small game, so selling that alone wouldn't work that well. Maybe they'll go SNES style, and pack 1&2 together, but 3 will be standalone.
I can see that. As you said, DQ 1 is actually a fairly short game. If you know what to do, it's like 5 hours or so.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Hope so

These HD-2D titles have been all bangers

My favorite being Live A Live
I haven't played that one! I played octopath 1 and 2 but not Live a Live.

I think it was an old game that never was released outside of Japan. Until they bought it to switch.

I heard good things about it. Why is it your favorite?

Last edited:

Hudo

Gold Member
They should HD-2D-ify Xenogears. Maybe they can work something out with Takahashi/Nintendo for this to happen.

I would love a remake of xenogears in 2D.

Even just a re release of the original xenogears games for modern systems or switch 2 would be amazing. I never played them.

They did it for metroid prime.
They should HD-2D-ify Xenogears. Maybe they can work something out with Takahashi/Nintendo for this to happen.

HD-2D-ify

Bahamut Lagoon
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 4/5/6
Final Fantasy Tactics
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Treasure Hunter G
Treasure of the Rudras
Xenogears
Vagrant Story

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
HD-2D-ify

Bahamut Lagoon
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 4/5/6
Final Fantasy Tactics
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Treasure Hunter G
Treasure of the Rudras
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Yess. I haven't played most of those. Would love to experience them for the first time.

They could HD-2D-ify some more star ocean games too.

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Star Ocean 1

I want them to re-release all 3D Star Oceans on all systems

Out of those mentioned I played

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Tactics
Xenogears
Vagrant Story

Some of my favorite games.

Cheaper to re release games like star oceans than to make them from scratch. I don't know why companies don't like money.

I have chrono trigger on steam I think. I should play it on my laptop. I heard it's one of the all time greats.

Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch 2 please Nintendo. Only one I haven't played.

Cheaper to re release games like star oceans than to make them from scratch. I don't know why companies don't like money.

I have chrono trigger on steam I think. I should play it on my laptop. I heard it's one of the all time greats.

Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch 2 please Nintendo. Only one I haven't played.

Chrono Trigger is the only game I gave an A+

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I think Dragon Quest 1 is the least interesting DQ because it was the first and you didn't have party members.
I forgot about that. I haven't played dq 1 in a long time. At least I won't have to be spending tons of money reviving people at the expensive church.

You would think it's the pope reviving people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom