• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drinky Crow Confessional

Chrono

Banned
Cyan said:
You brought it on yourself by making a big deal about it. You came in here with your self-righteous bullshit and got owned, then kept going on and on about it. You're just digging yourself deeper with every post.

where is this self-righteous bullshit?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Dammit, I thought this thread was about Furries. Now it's gotten all deep and shit.

(puts penis away)

callous

Chrono said:
sheer amount of knowledge? What knowledge? Drinky thinks every game with those charactes is for sexual deviants and I responsed to that. If he thinks about (his?) fetishes every time he sees a wolf in a game, that's his problem. I never do, and it will never come up when I'm playing the next zelda for example. It was just getting annoying, him repeating it over and over again so I responded to that.

Jesus, how many times will you bite on the same bait even after it's been spelled out for you that it's not a real fly at the end of that line?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I would definitely fuck a chick with cat ears, but I draw the line at putting it in a full-fledged racoon.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Stinkles said:
I would definitely fuck a chick with cat ears, but I draw the line at putting it in a full-fledged racoon.

Seriously dude. Beastiality is one thing, but, you know, sometimes you gotta screw a dolphin chick.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Chrono said:
Drinky thinks every game with those charactes is for sexual deviants and I responsed to that.

No, you were the one who brought up your sexual deviancy. Drinky just used the word in its actual meaning. You're the one claiming more knowledge of the term than the people who should be experts, and insisting that for you it's all about the furry sex.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Cruel Bastard Mario said:
Seriously dude. Beastiality is one thing, but, you know, sometimes you gotta screw a dolphin chick.
I bet dolphins are good in the sack. They screw for fun, just like we do. :lol

Chrono

Banned
iapetus said:
No, you were the one who brought up your sexual deviancy. Drinky just used the word in its actual meaning. You're the one claiming more knowledge of the term than the people who should be experts,

No, drinky is the one who brought it up:

scola, honestly, yes.

I enjoy Fire Emblem GC today; tomorrow I'm wearing a pantsless panda suit and drawing pictures of owl women with cock nipples raping an assortment of fox-faced hermaphrodites. :(

and insisting that for you it's all about the furry sex.

I SAID THAT!? I was trying to isolate sexual deviancy from GAMES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

Ranger X

iapetus said:
No, you were the one who brought up your sexual deviancy. Drinky just used the word in its actual meaning. You're the one claiming more knowledge of the term than the people who should be experts, and insisting that for you it's all about the furry sex.

I think that many people can't read between the lines. When you like a game like mad and you say "it's hot sex" does it means that you are "videogamesexual"? It just means that you like it mad, that's all. Jeez.

Jacobi

Banned
calm down dudes let's look at that beatiful HOTTIE
starfox1.jpg

The important thing is to see the warning signs before it gets out of hand. Like, my friend's little brother used to jerk off into a sock puppet. We called the police.

GaimeGuy

Kobun Heat said:
The important thing is to see the warning signs before it gets out of hand. Like, my friend's little brother used to jerk off into a sock puppet. We called the police.
o_O

Odnetnin

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
God help me -- PLEASE!!!!!!!! -- I'm enoying Shining Tears, and I have -no fucking idea- why. Quite frankly, I've gone insane. I blame the pervasive influence of my Nintendo DS, which sits on a shelf collecting dust, its chintzy silver plastic exterior glinting balefully in the glow of my halogen lamp.

Shining Tears is a shitty game. It deserves every crappy score its gotten. The load times are abysmal -- they're both overlong and inappropriately located. The anime talking heads are generically drawn and rather homely. The plot, while sporting a decent localization, is the lowest order of unoriginal fantasy drek. The controls are stiff; the bobblehead animation is uninspired; and the special effects are unnoteworthy.

For the sweet sanguine love of God, it has FURRIES. FURRIES! They ruin ANY game they're in!

Yet I was up to 3 AM last night playin' the fuckin' thing. Maybe it's because the missions are short and easily digested, and they mix up the pretty hand-drawn environments nicely. Maybe it's because you have eight characters to equip and customize. Maybe its because good random loot drops frequently, and the smithing (fusion) system is one of the deepest and most interesting I've played. Maybe it's because I was addicted to Shining Soul 2, and Shining Tears is so blatantly identical (right down to the same skill system, item equip system, and busty appraiser elf chick). Maybe it's because the game feels like the underappreciated Legend of Mana wed to the Shining Soul games.

Still, it's utterly shameful. I can justify why I enjoyed Unlimited SaGa. I have no concrete, articulate idea why I'm enjoying Shining Tears.

Anyway, I had to get that off my chest. At least the game doesn't have a fucking touchscreen element to make it even more cumbersome and unplayable.

Hardly surprising though, you do like the Dynasty Warrior games. :\

Yeah, very OT, unless Odnetnin is trying to deflect attention away from his desire to poke Scrooge McDuck in the pooper.

Seriously, though, I don't just like Dynasty Warriors 5; I fucking LUV LUV LUV it. I am to Xiahou Dun what Chrono is to Slippy Toad.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Dynasty Warriors 5 is fantastic.

Shining Tears is not.

Liking one but not the other certainly isn't any kind of contradiction.

I can't honestly tell if I like Shining Tears or not. Really, I'm blaming my compulsive desire to play it on a severe mental disorder.

Mejilan

What if I do and like it?

The thing I remember best about the game is its atrocious animation. The graphics themselves aren't too bad in stills. Backgrounds are nice. Character sprites are halfway decent too... until they start to move and attack.

I don't think the sprite animation is bad at all -- it ain't SF3 detailed, but neither is it Legend of Mana choppy. The special effects leave a fair bit to be desired, though.

Mejilan

Ok, so the animation is good for a PSOne game.

Oh wait...

;p

Edit - First time I saw the 'hero' swing his weapon I was like, 'WTF?'

GaimeGuy

sonarrat said:
This is one of the funniest threads I've ever read. This guy is getting a worse beating than I ever got. :lol
Your daddy beat you?

sonarrat said:
This guy is getting a worse beating than I ever got.

Yeah, and he's never drank horse pee. Well, that we're aware of -- to ardently defend the institution of furrydom -this- long, he musta done something REALLY sick. Like shoved an entire series of Hamtaro collectibles up his bum crazy sick.

Not that he did; I'm just sayin's all.

Mejilan

Damnit. I'm no furry fan, but I thought Zylo in the first Shining Force was wicked cool, back when I was a kid.

Am I no longer allowed to think that? :(:(:(

Edit - Actually, Zylo IS ok, no? I mean, technically, he's a werewolf. Werewolves will ALWAYS be cool. Right? ;p

Odnetnin

Banned
sonarrat said:
This is one of the funniest threads I've ever read. This guy is getting a worse beating than I ever got. :lol

Its Drinky ;) Nah I was jesting earlier about DW, who cares what you're into. If a shitty game gives you pleasure, why the hell not? I mean, I've played through some of GAF's recommended top shit titles, and totally hated them so taste is subjective.

Drinky, did you read this?

1UP: What do you think of the Dynasty Warriors series?

T Itagaki: As a real man, I find no feeling of achievement in beating up millions of defenseless enemies. As for my opinion as a gamer, my free time is too valuable to spend it hacking away at an endless stream of dumb-as-a-brick opponents.

:lol

Mejilan said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damnit. I'm no furry fan, but I thought Zylo in the first Shining Force was wicked cool, back when I was a kid.

Am I no longer allowed to think that? :(:(:(

'fraid not. I defiantly burned my Richard Scarry book collection when I was 7.

Tarazet

For the record, you are all free to fap to girls wearing bunny ears until your balls fall off. Doesn't bother us, shouldn't bother you. If you booted up your PS2 and suddenly realized the beast-guy from FFX was making you feel tingly, though, I'd enter a twelve-step program.

Top Bottom