• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIV4R: Parallel Lines - First Info

ram

Got my german OPM2 today and there is a Preview (with pictures) of the new DRIV4R Game.

Here are some facts:

- New Hero: The Kid (18 years old)
- New York in the 70s
- Onlinemode for 8 Players
- Minigames like Checkpoint Races and Destructions Bowls
- Pimp your Car Feature
- On foot Missions with new Aiming System
- Drive by Shooting
- More Details, new KI
- Visuals looks very similar to DRIV3R (more Textures in huildings)
- Like DRIV3R it seems also only in Low-Res
- 80 cars (no Boats anymore)
- Release: March 2006

Mupepe

Banned
ram said:
Got my german OPM2 today and there is a Preview (with pictures) of the new DRIV4R Game.

Here are some facts:

- New hero: The Kid (18 years old)
- New York in the 70s
- Onlinemode for 8 Players
- Minigames like Checkpoint Races and Destructions Bowls
- Pimp your Car Feature
- On foot Missions with new Aiming System

- Drive by Shooting
- More Details, new KI
- Visuals looks very similar to DRIV3R (more Textures in huildings)
- Like DRIV3R it seems also only in Low-Res
WTF? Bah, the on foot missions were the worst thing to ever happen to the series. I played the original the other day and it's still fun. But then I tried to play 2 and it was god awful and boring. And the pimp your car feature, maybe it's the way it's worded, but that sounds beyond stupid. gah.

ram

temp said:
Damn right!

but its there own fault, they started this retarded thing with DRIV3R. If they hadnt made only a mediocre game, nobody would laugh at this marketing idea.

123rl

Mupepe said:
Why is no one talking about how awful you know the gameplay will be?! haha

Because everyone knows it :lol . It's like someone mentioning the sky is blue, or that the Earth revolves around the sun :D

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
People were laughing at them before the first reviews came out. It was stupid. But everything with Driv3r was stupid from development to PR.

Mupepe

Banned
Funky Papa said:
People were laughing at them before the first reviews came out. It was stupid. But everything with Driv3r was stupid from development to PR.
Yup. What the hell happened? The original Driver is one of my favorite games on the PS1. It was awesome in basically every aspect. They need to ditch the on foot missions for two reasons:

1) They fucking suck. They've never made an entertaining on foot mission and the game is so much better when you're just in the damn car.

2) When they do this, all they look like is a GTA clone. it doesn't help that in Driver 2 and Driv3r*cringes*, the on foot missions felt cheap and mechanics were lame as hell.

JUST GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL GAMEPLAY! I'LL BUY YOUR DAMN GAME YOU SONS OF BITCHES!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Mupepe said:
Yup. What the hell happened?
Atari happened. I wasn't at the local Driv3r presentation but from what I heard it was total disaster.

Driv3r was a huge gamble for Atari, they had a lot of luck selling those many copies.

Mupepe

Banned
Funky Papa said:
Atari happened. I wasn't at the local Driv3r presentation but from what I heard it was total disaster.

Driv3r was a huge gamble for Atari, they had a lot of luck selling those many copies.
Bah. Anyone know if they made a profit? Well, I'd imagine since they're making DrIVer.

Top Bottom