• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem VR: Do you like this idea?

Duke Nukem VR: Do you like this possibility?

• Yes!!! Hail to the King, Baby!!!

• Nope.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SweetShark

Just curious to see if the people of Neogaf are positive with the idea of a full release FPS videogame for VR.

At first I was very hype with the idea cause of the possibility of looking like Boneworks or Half-Life Alyx...but then I remembered that the Devs need to do a lot of changes to the character or at least reveal a Duke Nukem like the old days.

Duke Nukem from the DOS action platformer games I mean.
Pure action and not a lot of talking and nudity. That him and an army or aliens scums ready to get destroyed.

Sure, I would love to have a Duke that at some point goes to a Strip Club to get a lap dance...but you see that not gonna happen...

What do you think.

Wonko_C

I'm not particularly into Duke Nukem, but yes, bring it!

I'd go one step beyond that: VR is the perfect medium and excuse to bring back dead/dormant franchises and and make them fresh again. From 8 & 16 bit classics all the way to last-gen.

Last edited:
To be fair the DLC was at least 500% better than the actual main game.
As someone who grew up with the original 2D games as well as Duke3D, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Forever. I loved doing everything there was to do. And the DLC was truly a love letter to the oldest fans. I've played many games worse than DNF. I don't know if I'll ever understand why it was hated so much. I see and understand its only a thoroughly average game, but prople reacted like it molested their children while pouring sugar in their gas tank.

SweetShark

As someone who grew up with the original 2D games as well as Duke3D, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Forever. I loved doing everything there was to do. And the DLC was truly a love letter to the oldest fans. I've played many games worse than DNF. I don't know if I'll ever understand why it was hated so much. I see and understand its only a thoroughly average game, but prople reacted like it molested their children while pouring sugar in their gas tank.

Played worst games as well.
DNF is indeed mediocre. If I had to give it a score it would be a 5/10. Not for me sadly.
I will admit it had some nice ideas and appreciate that had a lot of activities Duke can do unrelated with the story, but that it.

Jtibh

Banned
It was in the midd 90s when i tried out duke nukem 3d in vr at a mall.
It was a disaster . Cables everywhere and i had to stand all the time. It took them 10 minutes to free me from the cables after i was turning all over the place.
I was also very dizzy , didnt enjoy any of it.
So for me no thanks not interested.

Played worst games as well.
DNF is indeed mediocre. If I had to give it a score it would be a 5/10. Not for me sadly.
I will admit it had some nice ideas and appreciate that had a lot of activities Duke can do unrelated with the story, but that it.
I still think its a good entry in the series. I don't think its a masterpiece or anything. Mainly that people didn't understand or accept that they were buying a big bowl of 1997 when they purchased it in 2011.

I think another issue is that the game performed miserably on 360 in terms of graphics and framerate. The PS3 version was notably superior, to say nothing of the PC version. 360 was the king for FPS titles at the time, so I think this added to the negativity

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't much like the idea of Duke Nukem anything other than waxing nostalgic for Duke Nukem 3D.

Top Bottom