• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Monster Hunter Wilds and Resident Evil 9 will be Open World

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I will help some of y'all understand what's going on here.

Capcom has identified a pattern. They've made ~10 Resident Evil games and they all sell in the 6 - 12 million unit range. A glass ceiling.

They've noticed other franchises (Zelda, Souls, Assassins Creed) also suffered from glass ceilings until they went open world and sold 2x+ more.

They're done selling 6 - 12 million units.

They want to sell 20+ million units.

Class dismissed.

Tomi

Great!

We will have a lot of dlc for teleports

We can clearly see that people love that option to buy in D. Dogma 2

Astral Dog

I don't like this trend of open world games, i can't stand most of them since i feel the good parts end up covered in mindless filler and bloat

However, a non linear, open structure Resident Evil has potential depending on their vision(and Dusk doesn't specify what kind of game RE9 is, just that its using open world elements), Capcom did an amazing job with Resident Evil 4 , so they get credit for trying something more ambitious, if it works it may lead to finally surpassing RE4 as their top survival horror

It will be interesting at least

Can't wait for a thousand fetch quests. Oh no a zombie lost his hat, travel to x to retrieve hat and bring it back to him for a coin. Collect 999 coins and receive a wallpaper for your ps5.

I hope not.

In all seriousness looking forward to this.

Top Bottom