• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

blahness

1.05 patch is out on PS4. My only current glitched trophy still is not able to pop.

Installed the patch and it finally recognized that I cleared 8 quarantine zones, but the trophy did not pop. I cleared another side quest to see if that would make it register but it did not.

Notes from Update History:

Features - Hard Mode Added - National outfits added - 4 outfits as a reward for finishing the story campaign added - Over 50 new weapons added - New weapon rarity level - extremely rare Gold weapons added

Gameplay - Various balance tweaks of: weapons, loot chests, shops and crafting - Various Improvements to game quests - Resolved issue with unlocking certain trophies - Fixed the issue with reaching survivor rank 25 - Resolved issues with the Personal Statistics menu - Fixed weapon duplicating exploits - Improvements in natural movement flow

Technical - Resolved various stability issues including co-op - Improved overall game performance

Visuals - Various improvements in world and character art

Be the Zombie - New option to enable zombie invasions with co-op disabled added - Fixed the infinite spit exploit - Fixed several issues with connecting to games when playing as the zombie

derFeef

Did not help with my performance problems on PC :( Sad times.
And AMD can slowly fuck off with their 4 month old driver, goddamn.

Liamc723

1.05 patch is out on PS4. My only current glitched trophy still is not able to pop.

Installed the patch and it finally recognized that I cleared 8 quarantine zones, but the trophy did not pop. I cleared another side quest to see if that would make it register but it did not.

Notes from Update History:

Features - Hard Mode Added - National outfits added - 4 outfits as a reward for finishing the story campaign added - Over 50 new weapons added - New weapon rarity level - extremely rare Gold weapons added

Gameplay - Various balance tweaks of: weapons, loot chests, shops and crafting - Various Improvements to game quests - Resolved issue with unlocking certain trophies - Fixed the issue with reaching survivor rank 25 - Resolved issues with the Personal Statistics menu - Fixed weapon duplicating exploits - Improvements in natural movement flow

Technical - Resolved various stability issues including co-op - Improved overall game performance

Visuals - Various improvements in world and character art

Be the Zombie - New option to enable zombie invasions with co-op disabled added - Fixed the infinite spit exploit - Fixed several issues with connecting to games when playing as the zombie

When I try to update it says the game has the latest patch installed, yet it's on 1.02?

thenexus6

I am unsure on this game.. I am around 22% through the game. It's glitched so when my friend and I play co-op nothing he does gets saved after we stop playing. It's also just not as fun as I expected. Combat and stamina are really annoying.

Not sure if I should just power through and sell it. It's going for 20% more than I paid on eBay at the moment.

Stanng243

I am unsure on this game.. I am around 22% through the game. It's glitched so when my friend and I play co-op nothing he does gets saved after we stop playing. It's also just not as fun as I expected. Not sure if I should just power through and sell it. It's going for 20% more than I paid on eBay at the moment.

Had he already started the quests before? If you are ahead of them in story or sidequests, I don't think progress will stick. If you're on the same quest, progress is supposed to stick.

blahness

I am unsure on this game.. I am around 22% through the game. It's glitched so when my friend and I play co-op nothing he does gets saved after we stop playing. It's also just not as fun as I expected. Combat and stamina are really annoying.

Not sure if I should just power through and sell it. It's going for 20% more than I paid on eBay at the moment.

Your friend has to have the main story quests or side quests unlocked in their game first for them to count as completed when playing co-op with others. Not sure if that is the case, but could be.

Ricker

So how do I get the tissue from a Bolter exactly...do I have to sneak up behind him and kill him in one shot or a prompt will appear...? I'm on the main story quest where you have to do this the first time and its not working..I had 2 glitches where the Bolter was standing on an invisble wall or whatever so I couldnt do anything or he just runs away...do I have to kill it...?

Also how do I reload my rifle..? I have some spare rifle bullets but it wont let me reload.

Liamc723

So how do I get the tissue from a Bolter exactly...do I have to sneak up behind him and kill him in one shot or a prompt will appear...? I'm on the main story quest where you have to do this the first time and its not working..I had 2 glitches where the Bolter was standing on an invisble wall or whatever so I couldnt do anything or he just runs away...do I have to kill it...?

Also how do I reload my rifle..? I have some spare riffle bullets but it wont let me reload.

You just have to kill one and then search it's body.

Denton

The patch seems very nice. Increased my framerate even further so I am at 60 vast majority of the time now, hard mode will hopefully be cool and I love the video they put into main menu where they thank gamers for playing, while showcasing what cool things are coming (vehicles??).

Liamc723

The patch seems very nice. Increased my framerate even further so I am at 60 vast majority of the time now, hard mode will hopefully be cool and I love the video they put into main menu where they thank gamers for playing, while showcasing what cool things are coming (vehicles??).

My PS4 isn't pulling the patch? Is it only out in the US at the moment or something?

Kapi96

Very happy to hear a hard mode has been added. Brilliant game but once you've got a decent level and gear it is way too easy.

Corpekata

Banned
Jesus, love the post release support!

This is almost certainly going to be DLC (some of the other stuff shown was known DLC content like the stadium).

Though the video is weird either way. Why does it start with like 15 seconds of a loading screen? Something is off.

jesu

This is almost certainly going to be DLC (some of the other stuff shown was known DLC content like the stadium).

Though the video is weird either way. Why does it start with like 15 seconds of a loading screen? Something is off.

I just loaded the game up but quit it to see what version I was on and that video popped up on my TV.
It's in the Extras too now.
Everyone must be getting it with the update.

Liamc723

This is frustrating, why isn't my PS4 grabbing the update?

Edit: Damn, just watched the video that details the patch and it's not coming to the PS4 in Europe until the 14th. Well that's a little disappointing.

This game has become one of my favorites. I've bought it for 2 friends because I thought they needed to play it ,and both agree that it's amazing. However, the trophy thing is annoying. Has Techland said anything about addressing the broken trophies?

Got the patch on XB1 and loaded up my save to see if the Jafar bug had been fixed so I can finally obtain the last sidequest I need for that achievement, and nope:

vcmRDW5.png

Note the empty black box where his name should be. Pressing the button does nothing. I've already tried everything that has corrected various problems for other people, including new game + (same glitch), a completely new game (he's no longer glitched there but then the sidequest doesn't count towards the achievement), etc.

Ugh.

jond76

Banned

Its loading because its accessible through the main menu. After I loaded up my game and quit to the menu, I was greeted with the video. Pretty cool, actually.

Just finished the game tonight, really great game I had no interest in playing until i actually started playing. That said the last mission was awful. I died more times on that one mission than I did the entire game

Stanng243

Is there a trick to doing challenges? I'd hold down the touchpad, but they would still disappear, or sometimes they would disappear before i even hit the touchpad.

Gotta say, after playing Dead Island I was not expecting to be too into Dying Light but man, I've put in 22 hours in the space of a week. Loving it.

If I might ask though, where does one find the
grappling hook/gun thing?

Stanng243

Gotta say, after playing Dead Island I was not expecting to be too into Dying Light but man, I've put in 22 hours in the space of a week. Loving it.

If I might ask though, where does one find the
grappling hook/gun thing?

I believe it's an Agility upgrade. I think you need level 12 agility.

Is the performance on PC all patched up now? Thinking about picking this up.

One thing that gives me anxiety is how large the game seems. Are there countless side quests like a Ubisoft game? This game looks awesome but I'm really weary of open world games with tons of pointless activities after having played Dragon Age Inquisition, FC4 and AC Unity in succession.

Denton

One thing that gives me anxiety is how large the game seems. Are there countless side quests like a Ubisoft game? This game looks awesome but I'm really weary of open world games with tons of pointless activities after having played Dragon Age Inquisition, FC4 and AC Unity in succession.

Latest patch did increase my perf nicely, I am around 60 most of the time now with 280X and good settings.

peace

Neo Member
I think "Zombie apocalypse" games are a waste of potential for a horror/survival game. Half Life, System Shock etc are a much more engrossing way to go. Unless the game-type is suited to zombies, like The Walking Dead. This should be very good though.

Liamc723

There are side quests but they all come with their own little story, and they never felt like a chore to play for me.

Ricker

Goddamnit,4th night now and I still cant catch or kill that Bolter...too many other crap around no matter what I do,plus glitches...

JSR_Cube

I just finished the game. I give it an 8/10. I really liked the world, night phase, and most of the mechanics. What I didn't like was the platforming sections. I enjoyed the parkour but hated the towers and the sewer sections.

Anyone still stuck on patch 1.02? I have the digital ver from Australia and it's telling me there's no update. I want the AF fix!

Sorry, should've said what system I was using, which is ps4.

SliChillax

Got this yesterday on Steam and I've been playing it non stop. I haven't encountered ajy bugs and I'm absolutely loving it. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and play some more. This is coming from someone who hated Dead Island.

mujun

Well there are some side activities that are literally running from marker to marker, like time trials.

Yeah, the challenges definitely stick out in terms of how they break immersion and don't do anything to separate themselves from challenges in any other open world game.

The side missions on the other hand, though. I found every one of them to be interesting. I was pleasantly surprised by how complete they felt and, yes, if you boil them down to their base elements, some are fetch quests and the like but they had enough narrative to them to make them feel more substantial to me. I appreciated the fact that many of them were multi-part and also the fact that they all, for the most part, were wrapped up in a nice way.

Top Bottom