• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008: The Thread (central information aggregate, see OP)

Baker

Banned
I am fully prepared and have Monday/Tuesday afternoons off.

I had a scare this morning because my internet wasn't working, but it's all good now.

GMB

Banned
sweetfish said:
How about the live streams, will there be any direct feed like there was for Blizzard Invitational? I'd rather have a stream going in VLC in the background than of a flash-based in browser.
I'm also wondering about this. Wasnt there some streams last year?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
If they even hint at a new console, I will *tear* myself into a coma.

Seriously now, announce a few suprise games, give us some Halo Wars info, and officially announce the price drop/new hardware and it'll be a 'good nuff' in my book.

Costanza said:
Isn't G4 doing commercial free live coverage? Watch that.

I don't get G4. Oh Well, I'm sure we'll find a working link on the internet soon.

Edit: Looks like a countdown for each press conference went up on Gamespot's E3 page.

Link

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
It looks like your operating system is not supported. The following operatings systems are supported at this time:

* Windows XP, 2000 or Vista
* Mac OS X 10.3 or greater
Nice job IGN. Fortunately I have XP at home.

Teknoman

DancingJesus said:
I don't get G4. Oh Well, I'm sure we'll find a working link on the internet soon.

Edit: Looks like a countdown for each press conference went up on Gamespot's E3 page.

Link

Theres still the IGN live wire as well as G4tv.com itself. Both are free and streaming most conferences.

Is ign streaming the SQUEENIX conference? It isn't listed on their site, and I have to see that conference. What is my next best free, non-G4 (I'm at work with unlimited internet) option if they aren't? G4 tv?

I am working on adding links for the other conferences right now.

I am going to update the top of the thread to tell what conference is coming next.

I can't find any video feeds for the Square conference, and their are no live blogs known for it at this time. If someone can link me to a liveblog for Square and EA that would be really great.

I have the coverage all set up for today's conferences. Summaries and PR will go up after each conference ends.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Whoever plans on making the MS conference thread, I suggest creating it one hour before start time.

Ponn

Banned
Anyone know if these feeds work on the PS3 browser? I want to watch them on my big screen and don't have G4.

Insaniac said:
so which would probably be the best link to watch the msft conference at?
IGN's LiveWire, Gamestops's E3 Page, and G4 are all covering it. Between them someone is bound to get it right. My suggestion is to check all of them at the beginning and use the one that looks best.

I doubt it will make a difference, I am going to watch it on TV.

Cmagus

G4's coverage on tv does anyone know if this will be commercial free? or will they announce the next biggest game and then cut to a banana boat sunscreen commerical lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Cmagus said:
G4's coverage on tv does anyone know if this will be commercial free? or will they announce the next biggest game and then cut to a banana boat sunscreen commerical lol

Apparently it will be commercial free. I think they learned their lesson about missing out on Halo 3.

HolyStar

Banned
gofreak said:
Ooooh, it's E3 :) I know it's all lower-key now, but still exciting.

Yeah, all the sexual harassment suits filed by the booth babes and the whole nerdiness of the experience made them stop doing it.

Quazar

Father_Brain said:
Considering that SE has its own event in Japan in just a few weeks, it's not likely that they'll make any major announcements today anyway.

Obviously they got something otherwise they wouldn't waste the money. Now if it's LR/IU/SO or possibly FFXIII than I'm more than satisfied. Not expecting a FFVII-R like others here. :)

gray_fox224

Happy E3 all!

Too bad I'm stuck here and have to wait till I get home to read and watch all the news. But, it will be something to look forward to!!

GQman2121

Banned
I'm going the G4 route here at work. They seem like they're making a huge effort to make good on past mistakes. Love um or hate um, they are trying to do the right things.

User2k

GQman2121 said:
I'm going the G4 route here at work. They seem like they're making a huge effort to make good on past mistakes. Love um or hate um, they are trying to do the right things.

I wish we had TV here at work. Is there anywhere online I can stream G4? Still not sure where I'm going to watch the press conference. I'm leaning towards gametrailers though.

Erebus

Sony just announced (via the PS Blog) that the PSN Store will feature daily updates this week!

Hi everyone – I’m Rommel Hernandez, and I manage the PLAYSTATION Store schedule.

With the E3 summit going down in LA this week, the PLAYSTATION Store will feature daily updates featuring fresh content straight from the conference. Check back often to download HD videos of some of hottest games featured at E3 from publishers like Capcom, Namco Bandai, Activision and THQ.

Also, here’s a quick look at some of the notable game content releasing this week:

- The Best of The Who Rock Band Edition
- Super Stardust HD Team Mode Add-on
- Elefunk an upcoming PLAYSTATION Network downloadable puzzle game

For daily update news, keep an eye on the PlayStation.Blog’s Twitter page or the module on the right sidebar. With all this E3 stuff going down, don’t forget to log on to peep out the normal Thursday update! This week promises to be one of the best ones yet with a variety of free and premium content for every type of gamer!

Have a great week!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/14/playstation-store-e3-release-plan/

GQman2121

Banned
User2k said:
I wish we had TV here at work. Is there anywhere online I can stream G4? Still not sure where I'm going to watch the press conference. I'm leaning towards gametrailers though.

Their website maybe? The link is in the OP.

What, do you think I'm here at work and I'm just going to be chillin watching G4 in front of everyone in the lunchroom? We do have two huge LCD's on the wall, but it's on fulltime CNN/MSNBC.

User2k

GQman2121 said:
Their website maybe? The link is in the OP.

What, do you think I'm here at work and I'm just going to be chillin watching G4 in front of everyone in the lunchroom? We do have two huge LCD's on the wall, but it's on fulltime CNN/MSNBC.

Good point, I wasn't thinking right. I'm sure there are some people sitting in front a TV at work right now though.

Top Bottom