• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA CEO Andrew Wilson calls the next Battlefield a "tremendous live service."

Ceadeus

Gold Member
vrg_1228_wilson_lede_fin.0.0.jpeg

You will buy our soulless live service slop
You will spend additional money on weapon skins
You will buy classes or characters behind paywalls
You will spend money on the season pass

Fuck You Virtual Reality GIF

I’m convinced this will be back to the basic class system and live service being seasons and additions of existing maps from all of the past games. Plus battle passes of course as well. But if they use existing maps, the sheer number of maps they can add in a far shorter amount of time should keep people interested.

Robb

Gold Member
The only reason I can think of the CEO calling it “tremendous” in an earnings call is that he thinks it’ll have potential to generate a lot of money. Which only signals MTX up the wazoo to me.
Im Not No Way GIF

iHaunter

EA games have gotten so bad, they're not even worth pirating. Granted this will be a macrotranscation piece of trash. But still.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What’s ea’s real objective with Battlefield? One of its problem is for twenty years it’s just been taking on COD. I play 2042 everyday or every few days and I find it a battlefield 3/4 disguised as a modern day shooter. Going for a “live service trend” sounds like participating in a trend, imagine doing that to one of your historic franchises.

Top Bottom