• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Will Return in an "Entirely New Way", Says CEO

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Roguelike Deckbuilder Card game.

dwight schrute fire drill GIF

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
We dont want new fucking way, fucking hero shooter, free to play or wacky cartoon simp fest, theres a place for all that shit but for Battlefield we want it to come back in the old way, BF3-4, Bad Company was the peak, go off of them with new tech and quality of life and youl have ever the tightest of us unleashing our money right at you. Come again with that BF V and 2042 and youl be putting BF in the hole with your other dead franchises and bringing back Medal of Honor to mug us off with.

Nvzman

You'd think after BF2042 tried exactly this and fucking flopped on its face they'd try NOT to do something new.
Unless they mean "new" from BF2042?

b0bbyJ03

2042 was so trash at launch that I uninstalled it after a few days but i jumped back in a few months ago and I will say, it's kind of miraculous how much they turned it around. I've been having a lot of fun with it. Hope they don't launch another shitfest again.

sono

Can I get time to bond with my teammates have a beer tell a joke before the enemy flatten them this time

‘New way’ meaning another BF 2042 debacle??? When will these people learn all BF fans want is a proper game like BF 3 or 4? Out of touch and constantly chasing trends as opposed to delivering what fans want and what made the older games so good.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
From what I remember we already have an idea of their plans (memory is vague though, so many news articles and tweets were read...).

The APEX Legends guy will be creating content that serves to flesh out the universe and likely cater to single player or small team action - think Bad Company (oh, one can hope). They still intend on sticking with these kind of named and visually identifiable characters for the main franchise, but returning the overall class design to what BF players traditionally know and prefer.

And my guess: they looked at how popular Portal was in BF2042 and will be doubling down on it so players can keep themselves entertained how they want with the old game modes and maps.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
the BF community has been asking for BC2 remake for over a decade now.

why wont these fucks just listen
Because they can’t make that shit again…let’s face it, devs aren’t what they used to be for the most part. Hanging onto hope with this franchise is setting yourself up for heartache. Hire based on inclusion and this is what is destined to happen. Sucks to say it, but it’s the truth, and it’s the reason the gaming industry is where it is at right now.
On the bright side, I think devs and publishers are finally starting to realize they need to hire based on skill set rather than age, sex, color, or whatever else category was made up to separate us all. So my fingers are personally crossed that we have an amazing run of games the rest of the new gen, and shit takes back off next gen.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Development during a pandemic was a massive challenge, I’ll defend 2042 against any call of duty game.

Naked Lunch

This is what happens when the dude who founded COD is now in charge of Battlefield.
Battlefield has been utter shit for a generation but going with Vince isnt the answer.

Funny, back in Battlefield's heyday - BFs hardcore fans played it for the simple fact that is wasnt COD. Now the dude who created that COD formula is running the Battlefield show.
Its a joke and the series is done.

Last edited:

EDMIX

This is what happens when the dude who founded COD is now in charge of Battlefield.
Battlefield has been utter shit for a generation but going with Vince isnt the answer.

Funny, back in Battlefield's heyday - BFs hardcore fans played it for the simple fact that is wasnt COD. Now the dude who created that COD formula is running the Battlefield show.
Its a joke and the series is done.

?

We haven't gotten a Battlefield by Vince yet, he just got in charge during the 2042 shit show, fuck are you talking about?

Thats like thinking Star Wars Fallen Order or TitanFall will be like COD or something.

JCK75

The entire problem with the franchise is it came out in an entirely new way... What I want is an entirely old way.. give me battlefield 1942 with modern graphics and controls and huge player counts and I'll be all over it

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Feels like they're relearning the basics. Shame it took so many peoples' jobs in the process.
Realistically all they have to do is focus on solid maps, keep classes, and retain the vehicle combat and controls from early iterations…that is literally all the community wants.

Singular7

Realistically all they have to do is focus on solid maps, keep classes, and retain the vehicle combat and controls from early iterations…that is literally all the community wants.
That's what 2042 is now. They added classes back.

On Steam sale now for $15

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
That's what 2042 is now. They added classes back.

On Steam sale now for $15
Oh I know they did. I preordered at launch and have redownloaded several times since launch. It is much better than it was for sure, but it doesn’t change the fact that it is still a shell of what Battlefield once was. The “it’s better now” excuse has gotten damn tired after the last two releases. Do it right the first time, or don’t do it at all.

Needlecrash

This a million thousand fuckin times! How is it difficult? Cool new maps and graphics. Done.
Exactly. Gimme more maps. Hell, give me all maps from Battlefield 1-4 plus Vietnam! Retain the 4 classes, make some tweaks and call it a day. Simplicity is key here. Don't change something that's worked so well before. Gimme Locker/Shanghai from BF4 and Operation Mètro from BF3 and I'm SET.

Frwrd

COD do the same thing. You guys remember the marketing for COD: Modern Warfare 2019?
Am still waiting for all the tacti-cool stuff they promised to add, legit camos and 'no-nonsense' guns and attachments... Yet there they are, only thing missing is dance emotes.

Frwrd

the BF community has been asking for BC2 remake for over a decade now.

why wont these fucks just listen
This.
A mix between BF2-4 and BF:BC1-2 is all we need. Give it support like on BF3-4 and that game will stand on its own no problem in today's gaming market.

Frwrd

Battlefield 3/4 part 2.

Thats all we need........seriously thats all we need, dont make a battle royale, dont make a Tarkov clone, dont make portal mode(even its actually pretty good), dont make a hero shooter, dont make any other foofoo........just lock down the core of Battlefield and we are frikken sorted....its not a hard formula my G.

You cant fuck this up.

P.S: Dont forget the destruction.

P.P.S: Bring back the Metro.

P.P.P.S: We want little birds!!!!!
P.P.P.P.S: We fucking mean it, we need that destruction back--but on steroids.

SABRE220

Just make a next gen bf3/bf4 with insane physics for the love of god if you want to do something new post that release bfbc3 for some added flavor. They are sittinng on the perfect templates for success in their past games but for some reason act like those games are boring when thats exactly what the fans adore.

Last edited:

SABRE220

This.
A mix between BF2-4 and BF:BC1-2 is all we need. Give it support like on BF3-4 and that game will stand on its own no problem in today's gaming market.
Hell they could release a next gen bf4/bf3 followed by a bfbc3 to expand the franchise and then they can decide if they want to merge the best elements. To recover the fanbase it shouldnt be complicated..

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Bad Company 3 or DICE is a death company.

Or Mirrorrs Edge battlefield

Top Bottom