• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA "very disappointed" with Battlefield performance... could they be next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's truly terrible, BF 1 & V in comparison are 10/10 games. Still playing both, but I've sold the gift, which was given to me, in form of 2042 (I like that person less now)

R6Rider

Gold Member
Enough topics about Tom Henderson tweets. Plus I think there's already a topic on this EXACT tweet that's 4 days old.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Imagine making Mass Effect and Dragon Age exclusive? Not that it would really move any needle, because I don't think it would but the salt would be fun to read anyway. But, no, I don't think this will happen.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Funny GIF
Cracking Up Lol GIF

I think we should have a topic about acquisition talk and everything regarding this subject that has nothing to do with official announcements tbh.

Just my two cents.

Gone

Banned
This Battlefield was the "easiest" one to make. You just had to do BF3 + BF4 with some cool maps and better graphics, That's it and it would have sold millions because people were tired of World 1 and 2 BF games.

So what did DICE do? Fuck everything up. The new operators or whatever the fuck they're called, big ass maps and a very shy list of weapons made sure that this game was dead on arrival.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
We have to accept that the major talent of Acti/Bliz, BioWare, Ubisoft, Dice, Rockstar etc have all gone leaving nothing but husks behind.

I hope I’m wrong but nothing of any quality are leaving these developers/publishers these days.

Crowbcat has enough material to keep him/herself in work for decades.

bender

What time is it?
I'm probably underestimating EA's catalogue but I'm not sure buying them outright would be all that desirable. With EA developing so many sports focused titles, the licenses are expensive and a league could force you to go multi-platform a la the MLB and Sony.

It would be neat if EA and T2 merge. All those sports licensens under one hood.
Their approach to development is not sustainable anymore.

Though the pivot to F2P anyway - I won't be surprised that FIFA will go F2P eventually. Even more people will play it and more MTX will be bought.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
He'd have "More on this last Friday" this clown doesn't need a new thread every fucking time he makes a dumb "I'm making up a rumor" tweet FFS.

Saber

Gold Member
EA? The usual.

Pretend it didn't exist and move on to the next game, AKA next way to scam customers.

In cases like Battlefield, could mean frozen the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom