• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kneefoil

There's literally a "Support us at patreon.com/easyallies on the screen for the entire stream whenever they are playing and not in fullscreen picture of the group. And they played what, about 30 games? 30 tweets in 50 hours for one continuous stream seems bit much. But sure I guess they could have tweeted atleast once a day. I really don't understand why this twitter thing is so important. Can't you just open up the easy allies website tab next to twitter tab, or maybe Twitch? Twitter is worse in so many ways as I said in my earlier post. I really hope they don't start to stress with the Twitter stuff, it's unneeded and unnecessary extra workload and will annoy some people if done in excess.
30 tweets in 50 hours is definitely not too much. Especially for a special thing like this. And I don't think the Twitter thing would be for people like us, who frequent this thread and actively pay attention to what the Allies are doing. There are people who don't care enough to keep track of their schedule, but would hop in, if they saw that they are streaming something interesting.

It's not EZA error if someone doesn't know the schedule, it's an user error. (unless for some reason they don't update the website ofc). They have given us tools and people refuse to use them, but ask for personal reminders on the website they are accustomed to use.
You're right, it's not the Allies' error if someone doesn't know the schedule. However, it would benefit EZA if more people knew about their special stream and came to watch it.

If you miss stream live, they upload it to Youtube. No harm done.
You'd be surprised by the amount of people who don't care about stream archives. Tons of people like to watch streams just because of the interactive element, and less because the streamer or game are interesting just by themselves.

sora87

I think you have to rely on twitter because a lot of people won't even know they have a website or just exclusively use twitter. Of course I'm not saying spam stuff but they could probably update it more often, especially when big events are happening.

I also agree with playing more games through as a group. It does suck to get 2 hour chunks and then never see it again. Of course the logistics of them getting together have been discussed before, some of them live quite a ways away from others. Easy Livin' reminded me just how great it is having them all there playing and chatting away though. I'll find it hard to go back to solo streams for a while.

Budi

30 tweets in 50 hours is definitely not too much. Especially for a special thing like this. And I don't think the Twitter thing would be for people like us, who frequent this thread and actively pay attention to what the Allies are doing. There are people who don't care enough to keep track of their schedule, but would hop in, if they saw that they are streaming something interesting.

You're right, it's not the Allies' error if someone doesn't know the schedule. However, it would benefit EZA if more people knew about their special stream and came to watch it.

You'd be surprised by the amount of people who don't care about stream archives. Tons of people like to watch streams just because of the interactive element, and less because the streamer or game are interesting just by themselves.
Sure I admit, maybe I'm out of touch with this then. It sounded a lot but I have no idea how others do it, so I'm not the best to comment on it. And I'm definitely out of touch with Twitch chat =D I'd wish that people came for the content and the crew, but if joining the chat makes people pledge and subscribe then I'm all for it! And ofcourse extra eyes gives more visibility to EZA in Twitch I assume. Though I don't know how many viewers they need to have for it to truly make an impact.

Please disregard my previous posts regarding Twitter if I'm entirely off base. My personal views on how EZA will grow are guests, coming to EZA and EZA being the guest to introduce new viewers to them. With the studio we can expect more of these, even devs coming over! Incentivising bigger pledges with reward tiers. Keeping the wide variety (and quality) of content and even expanding even more if possible. Us fans spreading the word (retweet. shares, word of mouth). Greasing palms and backdoor shady deals.
I think you have to rely on twitter because a lot of people won't even know they have a website or just exclusively use twitter. Of course I'm not saying spam stuff but they could probably update it more often, especially when big events are happening.
This is odd, I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in the end of podcast. So I guess they should really promote the website more. How about Facebook, are Allies active there? Isn't Facebook still much more widely used than Twitter? By anecdotal evidence it is. EZA Steam curator group would be nice addition too.

Servbot24

Banned
Anyone who listens all the way through the podcasts and pays attention to the end notes is not someone who needs to be advertised to. Besides, that's not really what websites are for these days. The web site is basically a schedule for fans to check. Twitter is for advertising to people who didn't already have EZA on their minds.

Facebook is still really big but not for this sort of thing. Facebook is a mom site (not really, but that's the perception).

Budi

Anyone who listens all the way through the podcasts and pays attention to the end notes is not someone who needs to be advertised to. Besides, that's not really what websites are for these days. The web site is basically a schedule for fans to check. Twitter is for advertising to people who didn't already have EZA on their minds.
But you need to folllow EZA already for the tweet to reach you? Unless as I said earlier we fans retweet them to our followers, just like Shuhei Yoshida does. Or am I missing something, since I'm out of touch with Twitter.

There's literally a "Support us at patreon.com/easyallies" on the screen for the entire stream whenever they are playing and not in fullscreen picture of the group. And they played what, about 30 games? 30 tweets in 50 hours for one continuous stream seems bit much. But sure I guess they could have tweeted atleast once a day. I really don't understand why this twitter thing is so important. Can't you just open up the easy allies website tab next to twitter tab, or maybe Twitch? Twitter is worse in so many ways as I said in my earlier post. I really hope they don't start to stress with the Twitter stuff, it's unneeded and unnecessary extra workload and will annoy some people if done to excess. It's not EZA error if someone doesn't know the schedule, it's an user error. (unless for some reason they don't update the website ofc). They have given us tools and people refuse to use them, but ask for personal reminders on the website they are accustomed to use. This isn't really cool. Sorry to say it, but it comes off as bit self-centered. Reminders when the stream starts to people who already follow them won't make them grow financially. If you miss a stream live, they upload it to Youtube. No harm done.

Edit: Pfff, double post sorry. It's late, almost 4 am. I should sleep and soon wake up for work.

Sure, there is the banner. Just bizarre to audibly not hear them say it/discuss it with hardly any frequency besides the last minute of the podcast/group stream (where probably only a fraction of their potential audience gets to it). Whatever, posting specifically about Patreon wasn't my main point, just that it's odd themselves and EZA in general don't post about new content/live streams habitually everywhere where people potentially can get that information.

30 Tweets in 50 hours I wouldn't say is overkill in the slightest. 30 of the same tweet might be, but 30 describing something new for a specific extremely rare event isn't at all.

You guys are definitely right and I agree the website is fantastic resource. But I'd be absolutely flabbergasted to find out if the website has substantial traffic going to it. Especially compared to Twitter where they all have multiple thousands of followers on a website that for much of the population is constantly checked. This is one of those "why not both" kind of things. It literally takes seconds to post on twitter and its blasted out to 20k followers at a minimum. Knowing my frantic schedule, checking the website and seeing there's a stream multiple hours away is exponentially less valuable than seeing, "hey, I'm live right now at (clickable link) Twitch/Easyallies playing Superman 64." Like I said, this isn't me arguing Twitter is better than the website, just that anywhere possible your audience might be should be a place to post pertinent information because everyone has their own way of doing things.

You can call it user error on my part, which sure I guess it is, but it ultimately is a bad thing for them if less people tune in due to their "personal errors." Also, I don't have Twitter open to specifically monitor whatever EZA is specifically up to. Like probably everyone else, I follow a diverse array of things, they are just a nugget in the beautiful terrible hellscape that is Twitter.

Also, less people tuning into the live stream means less promotion on Twitch, which potentially means less subscribers, which potentially means less people knowing about Patreon/Youtube, which potentially makes people miss out on special events/news or whatever they want to get out there. That's obviously overly dramatic, but less people is not a good thing in any way for them.

I know this isn't scientific in the least, but once again none of them posted about the group stream going on right now and they have sub 550 viewers coming off a weekend long event where they routinely had more than double that.

(Shit, as I was typing this out they just posted they were live. Better late than never posting a link 40 mins late, but they're now around 620.)

Obviously, if you're posting in this thread that really isn't an issue for the vast majority of us. But you gotta remember we are an extremely small fraction of their audience and there's the potential for so many more to be exposed to the greatness that is Don Casanova.

Facebook is still really big but not for this sort of thing. Facebook is a mom site (not really, but that's the perception).

They already do this. For example, on Ben's most recent stream (Ben's Dojo) he tweeted about it before the start. He even tweeted about the event AFTER it was over thanking people for their participation. Maybe I guess he can tweet about it every minute for 10 minutes leading up to it, but I don't know - - I guess he doesn't want to spam his own twitter account. Seems reasonable to me.

I think this is an instance in where a problem is being created that doesn't really exist.

Budi

Sure, there is the banner. Just bizarre to audibly not hear them say it/discuss it with hardly any frequency besides the last minute of the podcast/group stream (where probably only a fraction of their potential audience gets to it). Whatever, posting specifically about Patreon wasn't my main point, just that it's odd themselves and EZA in general don't post about new content/live streams habitually everywhere where people potentially can get that information.

30 Tweets in 50 hours I wouldn't say is overkill in the slightest. 30 of the same tweet might be, but 30 describing something new for a specific extremely rare event isn't at all.

You guys are definitely right and I agree the website is fantastic resource. But I'd be absolutely flabbergasted to find out if the website has substantial traffic going to it. Especially compared to Twitter where they all have multiple thousands of followers on a website that for much of the population is constantly checked. This is one of those "why not both" kind of things. It literally takes seconds to post on twitter and its blasted out to 20k followers at a minimum. Knowing my frantic schedule, checking the website and seeing there's a stream multiple hours away is exponentially less valuable than seeing, "hey, I'm live right now at (clickable link) Twitch/Easyallies playing Superman 64." Like I said, this isn't me arguing Twitter is better than the website, just that anywhere possible your audience might be should be a place to post pertinent information because everyone has their own way of doing things.

You can call it user error on my part, which sure I guess it is, but it ultimately is a bad thing for them if less people tune in due to their "personal errors." Also, I don't have Twitter open to specifically monitor whatever EZA is specifically up to. Like probably everyone else, I follow a diverse array of things, they are just a nugget in the beautiful terrible hellscape that is Twitter.

Also, less people tuning into the live stream means less promotion on Twitch, which potentially means less subscribers, which potentially means less people knowing about Patreon/Youtube, which potentially makes people miss out on special events/news or whatever they want to get out there. That's obviously overly dramatic, but less people is not a good thing in any way for them.

I know this isn't scientific in the least, but once again none of them posted about the group stream going on right now and they have sub 550 viewers coming off a weekend long event where they routinely had more than double that.

(Shit, as I was typing this out they just posted they were live. Better late than never posting a link 40 mins late, but they're now around 620.)

Obviously, if you're posting in this thread that really isn't an issue for the vast majority of us. But you gotta remember we are an extremely small fraction of their audience and there's the potential for so many more to be exposed to the greatness that is Don Casanova.
Yeah, all right. Thanks for the extra clarification. I think I'm bit better schooled on Twitter now. Always enjoy reading your posts, you are willing to go an extra mile to be clear and thorough. And now that I get it, they should tweet about the website =D Also in my eyes the bigger factor for growth is their Youtube content. Twitch ain't just peanuts ofcourse, but I don't think simple tweeting will make it catch up even with their lower viewed shows. While ofcourse Youtube benefits Twitch and vice versa and even a little bit helps.

They already do this. For example, on Ben's most stream (Ben's Dojo) he tweeted about it before the start. He even tweeted about the event AFTER it was over thanking people for their participation. Maybe I guess he can tweet about it every minute for 10 minutes leading up to it, but I don't know - - I guess he doesn't want to spam his own twitter account. Seems reasonable to me.

I think this is yet another instance that happens far too frequently in this thread where a problem is created that doesn't really exist. The last of which was the all ongoing stuff with the Devolver Digital E3 conference.

What, no! Ben tweeting about going live is exactly what I'd want him to do! Just tweet once, or twice to thank people after! He did that absolutely perfectly, in my opinion. No need to spam, what he did isn't spam in the least. That message got blasted out to 19,200+ from the main account and 13,200+ from his account (OBVIOUSLY probably a lot of crossover), but the potential for their followers to share it to their followers creating potential for new people to discover EZA or just for some to know to tune in right then.

The inconsistency is what bugs me the most. I'd say over 50% of the time they do tweet about it, but it's just crazy it's just not 100% of the time. Literally takes seconds and expands their potential footprint.

I honestly don't mean this to be a "problem" for them or whatever. I love their stuff. I just follow about a billion journalists/people who create things and it's completely appreciated when they post news/updates (thus why we follow them) or their most recent content. It's easy to share and keeps me up to date. Easy Allies is like the one thing that I follow that only does this at a sporadic intervals.

Servbot24

Banned
But you need to folllow EZA already for the tweet to reach you? Unless as I said earlier we fans retweet them to our followers, just like Shuhei Yoshida does. Or am I missing something, since I'm out of touch with Twitter.

Yeah retweets or if someone is browsing hits for a specific game.

They already do this. For example, on Ben's most recent stream (Ben's Dojo) he tweeted about it before the start. He even tweeted about the event AFTER it was over thanking people for their participation. Maybe I guess he can tweet about it every minute for 10 minutes leading up to it, but I don't know - - I guess he doesn't want to spam his own twitter account. Seems reasonable to me.

I think this is an instance in where a problem is being created that doesn't really exist.

Yes, I was just explaining to the other user why Twitter is important.

Yeah, all right. Thanks for the extra clarification. I think I'm bit better schooled on Twitter now. Always enjoy reading your posts, you are willing to go an extra mile to be clear and thorough. And now that I get it, they should tweet about the website =D Also in my eyes the bigger factor for growth is their Youtube content. Twitch ain't just peanuts ofcourse, but I don't think simple tweeting will make it catch up even with their lower viewed shows. While ofcourse Youtube benefits Twitch and vice versa and even a little bit helps.

Hah, happy to help out. If you're not familiar with Twitter, I completely understand how crazy it can sound. It is crazy and both simultaneously the best and the worst thing ever. And yep, I agree, definitely should tweet about the website more!

Definitely agree about Youtube. I know it's an exhausted subject, but them lacking a 'Final Bosman' esque show that is tightly timed, deals with current events and has personality is the reason their subscriptions haven't exploded (not saying they're doing poorly at all!), in my opinion. I love Huber and Ian's shows to death, but for people not familiar with them, they might think they are nuts. Also, you're either a podcast person or not, so that has limited appeal and reviews and other gems are posted obviously not a consistent basis.

I just ultimately look at it that every thing helps out everything else. Everyone might have their own "in" to EZA. Some might find them via a Review, some might find them because they're playing their favorite game on Twitch and some might find them because Kyle posts "For me the hardest part about eating cereal is finishing before all the spiders drown" on Twitter. Whatever gets them in is good for everyone. The Twitter thing is just such an easy fix and such an anomaly (and for once, not in a good way) thing that they do.

I'm not sure if anyone else agrees with this but i'd really like to see them do more 3-5 people streams, the weekly group stream is fun but they drown each other out, it's often just a mess of noise. Ian has an iron grip on that front couch and he tends to talk over everyone, same goes for Jones at times. I enjoyed their stream dynamic a lot more back in the GT days when they had smaller groups.

I'm not sure if anyone else agrees with this but i'd really like to see them do more 3-5 people streams, the weekly group stream is fun but they drown each other out, it's often just a mess of noise. Ian has an iron grip on that front couch and he tends to talk over everyone, same goes for Jones at times. I enjoyed their stream dynamic a lot more back in the GT days when they had smaller groups.
This has been a complaint since EZA started

It boils down to them all living fairly far from each other. It's easier to have everyone meet up on one day, and also record podcasts and stuff on that same day

In theory, having an office in a more centralized location would make it more reasonable to have multiple people there often

Just some more unsolicited Easy Allies advice:
-Update the goals/Patreon.
Community comments for May were recently posted so they are a few months behind and I honestly don't think it's worth it all to continue it in the current way. Both April/May were 36 minute long heavily edited videos with Jones reading basically essay after essay. Both videos have less than 4k views. I know it's not about the views and yada, yada, yada...but as someone who could contribute to that tier, I've been skipping it every month. I like the idea of the community being involved in some way, but this just seems like a woeful use of their precious time.

Agreed. And I might be wrong but I think there's a word limit for Community Comments now? That would help.

The only reason things aren't tweeted out more consistently is just that we're stupid humans. There's a bunch of stuff to get in order before a stream starts, and tweeting is just one of those things that can be easily forgotten in the chaos. Like tonight when I was updating Brandon's Xbox and getting the game downloaded as we went live. I did want to tweet out more during the weekend too, but it just ended up slipping my mind after the first night.

Otherwise, it's kind of funny to me that Twitter keeps coming up as an issue when we generally tweet things out most of the time. Maybe there are a few of us that aren't as good about it as others, but the Podcast, Frame Trap, Easy Update, Huber Syndrome, and Reviews all get posts without fail, and most of the streams do too.

It irks me that Nintendo showed off Samus Returns with Kinda funny yesterday, especially when a few hours later they then said that they have little interest in the game and won't be buying.
Seems like Damiani and Blood (Ben too) would have been much better fit and much more engaging to show the game off with than fake interest Greg.

EZA needs to grease more palms and make more back alley shady deals.

It irks me that Nintendo showed off Samus Returns with Kinda funny yesterday, especially when a few hours later they then said that they have little interest in the game and won't be buying.
Seems like Damiani and Blood (Ben too) would have been much better fit and much more engaging to show the game off with than fake interest Greg.

EZA needs to grease more palms and make more back alley shady deals.

I mean it looks like they just toured a bunch of outlets in SF. Sometimes publishers just aren't going to go beyond what's in their local circle. We're attending a lot of preview events right now though, as you saw with the Wolfenstein and Rabbids previews.

The only reason things aren't tweeted out more consistently is just that we're stupid humans. There's a bunch of stuff to get in order before a stream starts, and tweeting is just one of those things that can be easily forgotten in the chaos. Like tonight when I was updating Brandon's Xbox and getting the game downloaded as we went live. I did want to tweet out more during the weekend too, but it just ended up slipping my mind after the first night.

Otherwise, it's kind of funny to me that Twitter keeps coming up as an issue when we generally tweet things out most of the time. Maybe there are a few of us that aren't as good about it as others, but the Podcast, Frame Trap, Easy Update, Huber Syndrome, and Reviews all get posts without fail, and most of the streams do too.

Hah, first let me be clear that as far as issues go - not being 100% on tweets when going live is about as small as it gets. To me it's more of just bewilderment. I just scanned I think everyone's Twitter feed (all have thousands of followers) and literally not one of them tweeted once about Easy Livin' as it was going on, so I don't mean to just pick on the main account (I honestly don't know if it's group run or you just run it?). It's just wild to me that like every other group or person I follow that produces content, posting it on Twitter is like one of their main priorities for it to reach a wider audience that literally takes seconds to do.

To give some of my personal expertise on this, I used to write for a somewhat popular blog and the analytics we would get told us from where and how people accessed each article we wrote. At that time (a few years ago), Twitter was far and away the most popular way people got to our articles and it was imperative to our operation. If for whatever reason an article wasn't tweeted out, it was as if taking the time to write the article was largely a waste. To be clear, I wasn't in video games and our content was almost assuredly more time sensitive than most of Easy Allies' content, but Twitter was honestly a major reason why we were able to grow our audience.

It's also very much appreciated that there are tweets about the various shows. Unfortunately, they are way less time sensitive than the live streams. Participating and reading chat is half the fun of the live streams and the archives on Easy Allies Plays (Very much appreciated!) lack Twitch chat and all of the stupid charm that goes along with experiencing something live with the group. The not live shows will always be waiting for me on Youtube, while the Twitch streams you kind of have to be there to get that extra "sense" that participating or following chat gives you.

ShadyK54

It's also very much appreciated that there are tweets about the various shows. Unfortunately, they are way less time sensitive than the live streams. Participating and reading chat is half the fun of the live streams and the archives on Easy Allies Plays (Very much appreciated!) lack Twitch chat and all of the stupid charm that goes along with experiencing something live with the group. The not live shows will always be waiting for me on Youtube, while the Twitch streams you kind of have to be there to get that extra "sense" that participating or following chat gives you.

You could always just watch the VOD's on twitch since those have chat replay. Being a part of it live as it happened does make it more special, though.

I think I agree. Although, speaking for myself I'm always watching on mobile, so knowing right away when they're live via app notifications & emails eliminates the need to watch for a "we're live!" tweet.

Plus, the twitch info is always updated at the beginning of the week with said weeks stream schedule which helps.

Hasney

Someones going to have to break it to Huber that you can't do female careers in WWE 2k18

Also, Easy Allies |EZOT3| The thread of a thousand fingers

arkon

I get the point about tweets potentially reaching people outside their usual audience through retweets etc. On the other hand if you are following them like posting in this thread or watching streams live regularly, and you don't want to miss out on them live, you can just setup notifications on twitch so you get told when the channel goes live. I've been using that the past few weeks and because I get notifications on my phone when I receive new emails I know pretty quickly when they're streaming.

Even if it were only a tweet from each person streaming giving 10 minutes notice, that would be fine. Nothing overkill, just reminding fans when they're coming online.

Easy Allies | EZOT3 | I cast cure wounds
Easy Allies | EZOT3 | The One Where Woz Won
Easy Allies | EZOT3 | GREEEEEEAAASE!

Mista Koo

Regarding the tweeting thing I agree especially when it comes to something as big as Easy Livin or other marathon streams. Like the minimum is one tweet per game they're playing. If it was a dedicated person doing the tweeting I'd expect highlight clips on Twitter (and I'd suggest getting a dedicated person for such events when possible).

Anyway back to Easy Livin' catching up. The WWE part was pretty fantastic and it brought back a lot of good memories. In the early 00s I got into wrestling games because of the crazy detailed character creators. I never actually watched wrestling. I had an OP old granny character that I recreated with my cousins in every game. I stopped playing the terrible wrestling games ~2005 and didn't spend that much time with a character creator until SoulCalibur V in 2012 (it helps that the game was very good). I'm now having terrible thoughts of buying this terrible game to play around with the character creator without any intentions of actually trying the actual wrestling.
I really want a group stream where two teams create wrestlers with a time limit and have an AI fight in the end. Maybe have Huber create the skills, points, movesets, and entrances beforehand so that each team can dedicate whatever time they have just to alter the appearance (~45 mins would be great given how short the actual matches are).

I tried watching Mario Kart but I remembered that I still wanted everyone who's there to play at the same time (local wireless), that way we also get 60 fps for the 1-2 players on screen.

Finally regarding their/Kyle's reaction to Mordor's microtransactions, maybe this is what happens when media go out of their way to defend corporations and their bad practices.
No shade.

dnHj6q9.gif

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Easy Allies | EZOT3 | Cum For Free, but pay $1 to vote Nintendo

Just some more unsolicited Easy Allies advice:

[...]

This is solid feedback. I hope they notice your message.

About the promotion, I agree with the fact that it was poorly publicized, and not because they didn't spam twitter during the weekend. The issue is that they didn't make it an event starting to publicize it weeks in advance. Every podcast/stream from E3 onwards should have ended mentioning Easy Livin' alongside the usual patron plug. They had a good audience but it could have been so much more.

About the studio. They are in a sort of double bind. Everyone here loves their current output, and few thinks it could be actually made better by a studio. We love the couch, the cozyness, Amanda and Sophie coming and hang on a random stream.
We could go on like this forever and never know what we missed not having the studio. They have to give potential patreons something to look forward in that respect (my personal pick: having a show with industry guests in the vein of gt live).

Hasney

I think a bunch of us assume streams become impromptu mini-group streams with the studio like at GT, so I wouldn't say that few think it would be made better by a studio. I think the general trend in the past in this thread at least has been the opposite.

It seems like they've hit the current limit for now though anyway, so unless there's a big sudden jump, it might be a ways away for the studio anyway.

Auctopus

I like this one best from the ones mentioned so far. That "cum" thing is too blue. Also the classic 'Easy Allies |OT3| Uneasy Alliance' would work for me!

I was pretty tickled by the |OT3| **NO BBT SPOILERS** suggestion a couple pages back too.

Bahorel

Some of the comments on the latest FT make me feel sad :(

Me too. There's always going to be that crowd. I go through and downvote them to feel better, and upvote nice comments.

The good thing is that their whining accomplishes nothing, so hopefully they'll take the hint someday.

Auctopus

Mid-way through Frame Trap and god, I wish Huber would talk about video games like the way he talks about Valerian. I love his passion, obviously but I feel like he's so hyperbolic about video games sometimes that it loses a little impact but everything he said about Valerian (despite not even liking some aspects) was really thoughtful.

Some of the comments on the latest FT make me feel sad :(

The top comment about not letting Ian on Frame Trap has another comment lower down saying "Great, now my favourite EZA show now has Paterson shit rammed down it."

So, he's clearly ignorant through and through.

wmlk

Mid-way through Frame Trap and god, I wish Huber would talk about video games like the way he talks about Valerian. I love his passion, obviously but I feel like he's so hyperbolic about video games sometimes that it loses a little impact but everything he said about Valerian (despite not even liking some aspects) was really thoughtful.

The top comment about not letting Ian on Frame Trap has another comment lower down saying "Great, now my favourite EZA show now has Paterson shit rammed down it."

So, he's clearly ignorant through and through.

*nods head violently at the thought of DQXI*

If it gets worse (and it's already pretty bad), I'd be turning off the comments, à la John Bain (TotalBiscuit). Direct people to the forum, which is better moderated - and in truth is in dire need of a decent justification for its existence.

Bahorel

If it gets worse (and it's already pretty bad), I'd be turning off the comments, à la John Bain (TotalBiscuit). Direct people to the forum, which is better moderated - and in truth is in dire need of a decent justification for its existence.

I've actually heard of people getting mods for YouTube comments, but not sure how that works or if it's something that would interest them.

I've actually heard of people getting mods for YouTube comments, but not sure how that works or if it's something that would interest them.

From time to time I have the "pleasure" to sift through the youtube comment section. You know the times when you know what you're doing to yourself is wrong but you cannot stop and look away?
I don't know who would want to take and mantain that position. I think my soul will be crushed after just one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom