• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eBay makes me cry :(

Reilly

rez3tg.jpg

:(

Teddman

Jeez, I sold my sealed copy for $40 on eBay, right before it was rumored that a Greatest Hits release was about to hit the market.

I would like to shoot the person who started that rumor.

Selling my copy sure would take a nice size out of my CC debt. :D

I'm holding out in the hopes that Panzer Dragoon Saga further appreciates next generation. That will likely be first to go.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Dear Reilly:

You could have saved yourself the trouble and bought the game back when it was being printed :D

Love, Miz

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
crying because you wished you had a copy to sell, or crying because you can't afford to buy it?

Soul4ger

Actually, more copies of Rez did hit the market... But they didn't re-print it. According to an article in PSM a couple months ago, some retailer(s?) found a couple extra boxes of the game in storage, and sent them to stores. So a very small amount of games were available last holiday, but not because of Sega.

Reilly

Wario64 said:
crying because you wished you had a copy to sell, or crying because you can't afford to buy it?

I rarely sell/trade in games. I'd like to play this game, however, I'm not sure if it's worth it to drop $90+ on it yet.

Thats the US one? I have seen the Japanese one go for a lot less. Of course, if you can't play it on your PS2... doesnt do you any good ;)

Bebpo

Banned
Oracle Dragon said:
Thats the US one? I have seen the Japanese one go for a lot less. Of course, if you can't play it on your PS2... doesnt do you any good ;)

The Japanese one is not rare at all. I think it goes for like $5 at most places.

Reilly said:
I rarely sell/trade in games. I'd like to play this game, however, I'm not sure if it's worth it to drop $90+ on it yet.

Well, the problem with those prices are they are sealed. If they were open, it would be alot easier. But if you have $90, I would buy it. Sell it in a year from now, and you will get (most likley) more than you paid for it.

I bought like five games over the past two weeks and none has arrived and no one is answering my emails or messages. Don't even get me started about game sellers never leaving any feedback. More like eBay makes me pissed.

Reilly

Oracle Dragon said:
Well, the problem with those prices are they are sealed. If they were open, it would be alot easier. But if you have $90, I would buy it. Sell it in a year from now, and you will get (most likley) more than you paid for it.

I never buy used games. (I.E. opened games)

jgkspsx

In an ideal world, nobody would collect useless shit to sit in boxes around their houses. People would buy "access to content" to, you know, access content. I hate the "adult collector" culture and wish it hadn't touched video gaming.

Link316

Banned
get it used, try it out and then sell it back, you can always just keep looking for a new copy if you end up liking the game

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Yeah I saw on Xplay that this game was in demand... I had no idea...

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
MoxManiac said:
Good thing the game sucks ass.

Oh no you didn't!

I think the Dreamcast version is cheaper. If you just want to play the game (instead of filling in a slot in your PS2 collection), that's probably the better way to go.

Reilly

Link316 said:
get it used, try it out and then sell it back, you can always just keep looking for a new copy if you end up liking the game

Well part of the reason of owning this game is that it's rare, so even if I hated playing it, I could say I own it. I own Intelligent Qube. I hate the game, but feel my penis is larger because I own it.

The End

You can find the DC version cheaper, although you'll be giving up rumble and digital audio out.

I bought the PS2 version, new, for $55 off of Ebay 2 yeara ago.

Tortfeasor

Seeing this makes me think about putting my copy of Rez up with my trance vibrator.

Then another part of me realizes just how much I would miss it if sold...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Teddman said:
The DC version has rumble, just not as good as the Dual Shock's.

I believe the PS2 version is 60fps as opposed to the 30 of the DC. Not positive.

I find mine used at gamestop for 17.95.

Soul4ger said:
Actually, more copies of Rez did hit the market... But they didn't re-print it. According to an article in PSM a couple months ago, some retailer(s?) found a couple extra boxes of the game in storage, and sent them to stores. So a very small amount of games were available last holiday, but not because of Sega.

riiiight..."oh, david. i found that 'lost' box of rez games. let's shiiiiip 'em away!"

I am holding out until I find it in a used game store someday. I want to play it pretty badly, but I could never spend that much on a game.

Tarazet

I would NEVER buy a rare game sealed if I wanted to play it. It's bad enough when you open up a game you bought at retail and it's instantly worth half as much as you paid for it; but if it's between paying $90 for SMT Nocturne on Ebay or $44.95 for a relatively-easy-to-find used copy at a Gamestop, it's a no-brainer.

The End

Man, I'm a shmup fan. I'm used to retarded Ebay pricing, and that's just on fairly popular Cave games. I stay the fuck away from insane Saturn pricing.

ferricide

Teddman said:
I would like to shoot the person who started that rumor.
it was sega's PR and/or marketing actually. dunno whatever happened. i was disappointed, too, although i (of course) already own the US rez.

Reilly

sonarrat said:
I would NEVER buy a rare game sealed if I wanted to play it. It's bad enough when you open up a game you bought at retail and it's instantly worth half as much as you paid for it; but if it's between paying $90 for SMT Nocturne on Ebay or $44.95 for a relatively-easy-to-find used copy at a Gamestop, it's a no-brainer.

I don't buy used games simply because the thrill of a game starts when you take off the wrapper and get that "new game" smell.

The End

Reilly said:
I don't buy used games simply because the thrill of a game starts when you take off the wrapper and get that "new game" smell.

Is that worth an extra 50% on the price?

Reilly said:
buy a $5 new copy of barbie horse racing and a used rez... sniff barbie, play rez

Tarazet

Reilly said:

There are some things in life that are worth getting emotional over at the expense of rationale. I'm not sure "new game smell" ranks very high. Actually, I hate that damn shrink-wrap. It's annoying as hell to get it off, and I would pay extra sometimes to get a game pre-unwrapped.

Reilly

The End said:
Is that worth an extra 50% on the price?

Hell yes, I recently got a new and original MGS and RE2 both costing about $40 each. I also just got a new, original Kingdom Hearts for $42. :)

jgkspsx

Reilly said:
Well part of the reason of owning this game is that it's rare, so even if I hated playing it, I could say I own it. I own Intelligent Qube. I hate the game, but feel my penis is larger because I own it.
Whoa, are you for real?

Not only is that incredibly wrong on a philosophical level, how can a sane individual hate IQ?

Yes there were expensive games before eBay, but if you look back at the RGV* newsgroup archives on GoogleGroups, there were a lot of people making rare games available to people who deeply wanted to play them. Back in '99, a buddy of mine from alt.games.lynx gave me a copy of Lynx Xenophobe, which at that time was regularly selling for over $60, because he didn't want to play it and he didn't want it to go to that kind of "collector." That may have been fiscally unwise, but it was a part of the culture that's more or less dead now. Sigh.

Anyway, I've been meaning to ask about this: what other differences besides trance vibrator, digital audio, and framerate are there between the two versions of Rez? I'd actually rather have the DC version, but I believe eBay was empty of them last time I checked.

I got mine for $5 last year at CC. Found it buried behind some War of the Monsters on the bottom shelf.

I've toyed with the idea of selling it but I always have a change of heart at the last minute.

Top Bottom