• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eBay makes me cry :(

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I just got done playing some REZ (died on the last boss and got frustrated)

Area 5 makes all the other areas of the game seem so weak :( fun game though.

I only paid 20 somthing for mine though (actually my grandma bought it for me as a gift)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
jgkspsx said:
Whoa, are you for real?

Not only is that incredibly wrong on a philosophical level, how can a sane individual hate IQ?
I can see where he's coming from on this angle, actually.

How many times have you seen someone have an honest disparaging opinion of a game only to have pages of well-reasoned and justified crticism countered with a single sentence like "well, you don't own the game, so your opinion is meaningless", or seen people say "the only people who hate [this game] are those who don't own it". If this mentality wasn't prevalent in videogame discussion, you'd probably see less people obsessing over which particular games to own. The only reason why I hung onto Radiant Silvergun so long was so that when people asked me if I own the game (after complaining about it) I could honestly counter "yes, I own it, here's a picture, your argument is nullified, stfu".

Now-a-days I have much less time and money to piss away, so, I don't find myself owning games despite my low opinion of them; however, I can certainly see why some people would.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I've been wanting this game for a long time, but that's just way too rich for my blood.

I still keep hoping for an unexpected find in a department store or something...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I got a copy of the import DC version for $50 or so last year, in pretty good shape but missing spinecard (whoop-de-fucking-do). It's a damn good game and worth every cent, I would've bought it at $100. If you like trance/techno and have been to a few clubs (and enjoyed it) you'll feel right at home at Rez. If not, you probably will find little to attach yourself to and dismiss the game as a boring rail shooter.

Ugh, not this again.

The End said:
Supposedly, the PS2 version has a "sharper", more lo-res look.

The PS2 is definitely "more lo-res", but is not sharper:

DC: 480p, 30fps
PS2: 480i, 60fps

You'll have to hook up your Dreamcast to a VGA adapter to get the 480p. So it's a trade off between graphics and fps for the two versions. I myself prefer the Dreamcast version with it's better graphics. To me, the PS2 fps difference isn't as noticeable to me as the DC graphics difference. It's just a matter of personal preference.

human5892 said:
I've been wanting this game for a long time, but that's just way too rich for my blood.

I still keep hoping for an unexpected find in a department store or something...

Yep me too. The day I find it will be my new Christmas

Porridge

I agree that a videogame starts with opening the wrapper. Anyone who disagrees is probably someone who doesn't 'get' why people sometimes applaud after movies (they used to do it all the time).

"Going to the movies is a ritual - from the buying of the tickets to the finding of your seat to the arsehole who kicks it to the shift in mood between the trailers and the feature - but it has no ending. It needs one, and I definitely think clapping etiquette should be it!"

Likewise, I believe videogaming is somewhat a ritual.

jgkspsx

dog$ said:
How many times have you seen someone have an honest disparaging opinion of a game only to have pages of well-reasoned and justified crticism countered with a single sentence like "well, you don't own the game, so your opinion is meaningless", or seen people say "the only people who hate [this game] are those who don't own it".
Er, well, I don't know where to start. If you haven't played a game, you shouldn't be making ignorant guesses. If you have played the game at length, whether you own it, rented it, or sold it is immaterial. And if you really care what a bunch of forum pedants think about your honest, non-baseless opinion... the problem isn't that you don't own a six-year-old game :(

Re movie metaphor: Yeah, yeah. Wrappers are nice. So you wouldn't watch a DVD you could rent for six dollars (or buy for fifteen) if the theatre were charging $50-$80 to see it? Is that ritual worth the difference in price?

Top Bottom