• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

So many disconnects in coop, it's ridiculous, I don't even know what these 13mb updates are doing on PC.
Weird. I haven't had a single disconnect. I get tons of "Unable to summon" messages, but I assume that just means someone summoned before me.

I also can't think of a single noticeable bug in 60 hours of play. The framerate and pop-in wasn't great on PS5, so I switched to PS4 on PS5. Framerate is solid, but pop-in still occurs.

I don't know if the PC servers of whatever are just more unreliable for this game.

Puncheur

I've never taken so many pictures as I have while playing Elden Ring. It's like being on holiday exploring. So many wow moments, still got half the map covered in fog!

OceanGaming

HY3sKfD.png

CHOO CHOO!

SCB3

So turns out that I had a few more areas of Limgrave to discover including Patches

Then the Divine Tower to use this Rune, that Limgrave done now though, where to next?

Swift_Star

Banned
anyone else finding this to be one of the easier souls games? on ds1 and demon's souls, i'd be stuck on bosses for days.

on this and bloodborne, it doesn't take any longer than 30 minutes.

for reference of where i'm at, i just beat the Academy of Raya .

Overall, i am loving the game a lot. But some of the open world re-used bosses are getting kind of annoying. Doesn't really offer a whole lot to do.
To me this is the hardest yet. Demon’s remake and DkS1 the bosses barely hit me, those games were that easy to me. This one, man, melee really makes the game ultra hard on bosses.

Finally ventured into Caelid, I'm in love. This place feels wild, dangerous and untamed, there is a sense of constant peril, enemy design is bananas. 72 hours clocked doing nothing but the first 2 regions and helping a friend in co-op, will probably be past the 100h mark before I'm done here, still have a ton of game left, epic is too tiny a word to describe the Elden Ring experience.

Bragr

Banned
Having a weird time with the game, the world is spectacular, but as the wonder and awe subside a bit, I can't deny that I am feeling like I am playing Dark Souls 3. The feeling of similarity grows, especially inside castles and dungeons, where it feels exactly like Dark Souls 3.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Tried it yesterday and dude it seemed impossible to me. I guess it's designed to be beaten with help of the summons?

Considering there's like a dozen summon signs all over the floor, yeah, though I'm sure someone will beat it naked with a club eventually!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just wanted to quickly pop in and say I'm really enjoying the game. Not using any text or video guides, just enjoying the adventure. Only a game like this could make me delay playing Gran Turismo 7.

I got gud finally! Found a way to mollywhop that knights in Storm castle with ease. Uchi users: Unsheath + R2 spam. Timing has to be right before he swings. It stuns them every time and they're helpless babies. Beat Godrick faster than Margit, but I think that's just because I'm warmed up now and making better use of summons. Now I'm cruising. Prisoner starting class. Now I'm about 20 INT and 20 DEX. Uchi +5 and rapid fire pebble FTW.

Last edited:

SantaC

Drops off a boss in a tunnel on the border of Limgrave and Caelid - assuming I know which INT katana he's talking about :messenger_grinning_sweat:

This pit is bottomless!
Also causes blood loss. It wrecks!

Time to turn off auto-updates.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Time to turn off auto-updates.

The sword I respecced to use is absolutely gonna get nerfed - INT/FAI scaling with two magic attacks, a fire wave and a laser beam. It's disgusting.

Name if you want it: Sword of Night and Flame

So I have yet to encounter Renna, the Snow Witch. I've already completed all of Limgrave, including Stormveil Castle (Margit and Godrick defeated), but I still haven't come across this NPC. I've played about 30 hours so far.

I went to first site of Grace where you meet Kale at night and still haven't met her. I thought you get the Summoning Bell from her? I ended up buying that item off of the old maidens in Roundtable Hold.

I'm really interested in this character's story (seems major) so I'd prefer not skip it before I progress any further into the 2nd zone - Luirina of the Lakes. Anybody ran into this issue where she never appears?

SantaC

The sword I respecced to use is absolutely gonna get nerfed - INT/FAI scaling with two magic attacks, a fire wave and a laser beam. It's disgusting.

Name if you want it: Sword of Night and Flame
i hope nothing becomes nerfed, because we spent time in these games to get rewarded.

Buggy Loop

I just want to say, I get vibes of Souls (duh), BOTW exploration and sense of wonder, Shadow of the colossus when riding in beautiful vistas, and mother fucking mountain goat simulator. Torrent is so good in this game and how he controls.

Some peoples will miss the more constrained Dark souls corridors, but not me. I'm blown away from this game.

Also 953k peoples peak today on steam

Sgt.Asher

Godricks fire based boss weapon has an insane special. I took out about a fourth of a trees avatar health with it. Very slow, so finding an opening is difficult.

SCB3

I didn't even know Babylons Fall had even come out

With 4 Major releases next to it, it was sent out to die huh

AV

Some peoples will miss the more constrained Dark souls corridors, but not me. I'm blown away from this game.

Those people need to keep playing, there's an entire game's worth of content in the interiors alone!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
So I have yet to encounter Renna, the Snow Witch. I've already completed all of Limgrave, including Stormveil Castle (Margit and Godrick defeated), but I still haven't come across this NPC. I've played about 30 hours so far.

I went to first site of Grace where you meet Kale at night and still haven't met her. I thought you get the Summoning Bell from her? I ended up buying that item off of the old maidens in Roundtable Hold.

I'm really interested in this character's story (seems major) so I'd prefer not skip it before I progress any further into the 2nd zone - Luirina of the Lakes. Anybody ran into this issue where she never appears?

Keep progressing through Liurina, you’re fine.

Plantoid

This game is incredible, yesterday I was doing exploration of altus plateau, then I remembered that I was doing something underground for the frozen witch, the mage told me general edgelord of caelid had to die...

I was afraid of doing caelid but turns out that this part was easier than some enemies in the plateau

The out of nowhere a fucking meteor opened a big crater in mistwood, went down on that crater and man... I'm 6 hours in and didn't explore everything down there

Every area that I open that is gigantic leads to another 2 or 3 gigantic areas

Best money i ever spent on gaming, i hope they fix the framerate and buff some spells and incantations, I've tried going magic but the DMG just isn't there (I'm level 85)

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

DeaDPo0L84

Weird. I haven't had a single disconnect. I get tons of "Unable to summon" messages, but I assume that just means someone summoned before me.

I also can't think of a single noticeable bug in 60 hours of play. The framerate and pop-in wasn't great on PS5, so I switched to PS4 on PS5. Framerate is solid, but pop-in still occurs.

I don't know if the PC servers of whatever are just more unreliable for this game.
I was fighting Astrel of the Void and was having my best attempt yet then suddenly my coop partner started running in place, then my screen froze, that was how my night ended.

It's not so frequent that it's unplayable but it happens WAY more than it should. The hard crashes are rare, maybe 3 in 50 hours of play. Coop partners getting disconnected in boss fights seems to happen quite a bit, not so much in the open world, not sure if there is something there but that's been my situation.

Also have no clue if this is a PC specific issue but judging by others post on various forums its not. Also they keep pushing server updates so they're aware of it at least.

At the same time...I can't stop playing so there's that. I still want my ultrawide support and unlocked framerate 🤞

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Anyone know if the various quest-lines that start with the NPC asking you to serve them lock out other stuff?

Got quite a few options available at this point and am not entirely sure which to commit to.

thuGG_pl

So I'm about 20 hours in. This is my first souls game and it's amazing.
Lately I couldn't really get into any game, syndrome of starting one, playing 2-3 hours and abandoning (with some exceptions).

But with this game I wake up and I play until 2-3 AM, crazy by my standards. It's over 10 years probably since it happend last time.
It reminds me when I first played Morrowid when I was a teenager, the sense of mystery, vast and beautiful world.

Aesius

I’m nearly 40 hours in and main quest-wise I have only beaten Godrick.

This game reminds me of my experience with Oblivion in spring 2006. It was my first open world RPG. Obviously Elden Ring crushes it in every conceivable way, but it took a leap this big to replicate the impact Oblivion had on me.

Witcher 3 came close at times. RDR2 has a beautiful open world but it was more about the story and random encounters than pure exploration.

But this game is just utterly captivating. I will admit the magic is wearing off slightly at 40 hours in, but I’m game to put another 40-60 hours in easily. Which is incredible for a game with essentially no “quests” and such an obscure, minimalist story.

FINALLY found an awesome hammer that scales with dex. I added keen on top of it and now it is B scaling at +8

Enemies who were resistant to slash like the hard skin guys in caves were such a nightmare before

Now they just melt

On a separate note, my uchi katanas are only +14 and +12, really starts to slow down after a while. Doesn’t help that dual wield requires double the resources

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
I was fighting Astrel of the Void and was having my best attempt yet then suddenly my coop partner started running in place, then my screen froze, that was how my night ended.

It's not so frequent that it's unplayable but it happens WAY more than it should. The hard crashes are rare, maybe 3 in 50 hours of play. Coop partners getting disconnected in boss fights seems to happen quite a bit, not so much in the open world, not sure if there is something there but that's been my situation.

Also have no clue if this is a PC specific issue but judging by others post on various forums its not. Also they keep pushing server updates so they're aware of it at least.

At the same time...I can't stop playing so there's that. I still want my ultrawide support and unlocked framerate 🤞
Sounds like PC has the most issues on this game. I haven't had a hard crash or really any bugs at all, just pop-in occasionally.

Top Bottom