• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree Details: More Dense Seamless Map, Largest Expansion Ever

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
MY GOD! I pr-order the DLC and in here costs $56 CAD, I guess this gonna be big ass expansion.

Last edited:

mystech

I wonder if this will have an underground area.

Kinda interesting that it’s on a whole new map. Looking at the standard map, there seems to be areas hidden under “clouds” that I’ve always assumed would be uncovered for the DLC.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Densest poison swamp ever.

Worse even than Lake of Rot?

QJJCrR.gif

Need to see more.

Getting some extra Elden Ring is awesome but I WAS hoping that the visuals and areas looked a bit more varied compared to the first game. It was hard for me to tell it was actually new.

Fredrik

Once you learn how she fights and what her weaknesses are Malenia is not hard. I honestly had more trouble with Maliketh the Black Blade.
Yeah I didn’t meet her until my third playthrough, by then I had no issues with her, overhyped boss imo. It took maybe 10 tries for me which is little for me compared to other bosses, like Maliketh as you say, and Fire Giant and Elden Beast. First time I met Margit when I still didn’t know all the core mechanics I spent 2.5 hours retrying that fight, must’ve taken 100 tries easily. Today I can beat him in one try, maybe 5 if I have an odd build.

Jetpac

When I arrived at the last zone in Elden Ring I was kinda bored of doing the same process again. I'm not paying to get another zone. I think I will just watch some playthroughs of this instead.

Tell us again how you played the game incorrectly.

Danjin44

Forget the rest of it, this is what piques my interest. This will affect gameplay, and gameplay is what gets people playing for 1000+ hours.
And those new level up mechanics only effective in the Expansion and not based game, right?

My character is unfortunately on new game plus v6.

I will need to start this game again from scratch, and I will need to see the new DLC weapons first to prep a build for one of them.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
My character is unfortunately on new game plus v6.

I will need to start this game again from scratch, and I will need to see the new DLC weapons first to prep a build for one of them.

Yeah, I’m on ng plus 4, so similar issue.

I may rebuy the whole thing on Ps5 or PC, as I’ll be selling my Series X pretty soon, where I currently have the platinum.

Last edited:

SCB3

More BERSERK goodness, we know Miyazaki's love for the series

At this point I am shocked they've never been asked to do a Berserk game

Anyway pre ordered, was considering the CE, but man £224 is a bit rich for me
I'm interested how you actually unlock this DLC in game. That was always pain in the ass in FromSoft games😅
It'll no doubt be from the cracked Egg in Mohgs area, that was clearly referenced in the Trailer

Pejo

GRR Martin "involvement" was such a scam all along lmao

Not that we care that said
I actually disagree. It was genius how Miyazaki used the collaboration. Had GRRM lovingly create a world and characters, then he and his team systematically destroyed it and brought it to ruin before putting it into the game. I think it was a really novel idea to use it that way.

Danjin44

I actually disagree. It was genius how Miyazaki used the collaboration. Had GRRM lovingly create a world and characters, then he and his team systematically destroyed it and brought it to ruin before putting it into the game. I think it was a really novel idea to use it that way.
I remember hearing that. GRRM just made backstory and kind of made demigods more heroic figure but then Miyazaki twist them in the present day of the game.

Last edited:
At this point I am shocked they've never been asked to do a Berserk game

Anyway pre ordered, was considering the CE, but man £224 is a bit rich for me

It'll no doubt be from the cracked Egg in Mohgs area, that was clearly referenced in the Trailer
Chad M has said he wouldn't ever do it because he would fear not doing it justice.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'm 100% sure Miyazaki is underselling the expansion, so we'll probably get something that's much bigger in scope and ambition.

40 - 50 hours in my guess for a completionist run. If the total area is bigger than Limgrave, that would feel about right, if you're exploring every nook and cranny, and taking on all bosses.

Last edited:

killatopak

Are somehow forgetting Limgrave has an underground area? I imagine Miyazaki with his smug face while saying it was only as big as Limgrave without alluding to it.

DemWalls

You enter the dlc content by the main map or a different menu, using a saved character?

You'll enter the DLC area from the main map (through Miquella's cocoon, if I had to guess), and it will most likely be completely separate, but I don't expect there to be a menu item for it.

I love that the entrance to the DLC is through a challenging area and then a challenging boss.

It’s kind of like those “you must be this tall to go on this ride” signs. You must be good enough to beat this boss before you are ready for the DLC.

Top Bottom