• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ellen Page (Inception Juno, etc) is now Elliot Page.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
And what is your whole argument? That having money means that you don't get depressed? That you don't have problems? That you don't have emotional issues?

You are acting like money solves everything and that is just plain stupid and has been proven to be so for years upon years. You are being ridiculous on purpose and I honestly don't understand why.
I never said that ever. I'll give you gold if you can quote me on that. It helps. Lots. My sympathy for the wealthy elite is very limited.

20cent

Banned
There's a reason why most depressed people are wealthy people (actors who made millions who don't need to work anymore, the Minecraft guy who sold his company for billions), students, NeoGaf Resetera users, housewives... because they have nothing better to worry about except their narcissistic selves. When you have a job, a family to support and care for, you don't have time to wonder if you should become a pelican or find a new meaning in your life. Sorry I don't feel compassion for people who spend most of their time in their mansion swimming pool, even if they feel bad. They'd rather swim in their pool while whining on IG rather than working an 8hours job.

At least she manned up.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I never said that ever. I'll give you gold if you can quote me on that. It helps. Lots. My sympathy for the wealthy elite is very limited.
If your empathy for a person is based on their bank account then I feel like that says a hell of a lot more about you than you think.

Phase

At least she manned up.
Tom Cruise Laugh GIF

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
If your empathy for a person is based on their bank account then I feel like that says a hell of a lot more about you than you think.
Keep in mind you are defending someone who is on the cover of Time magazine. Let that sink in. Someone who has 5 million followers on Instagram.let that sink in. The support of his peers in Hollywood. He's gotten more support than any trans person ever. Especially since your dumbshit demo forgot about Caitlyn Jenners political leanings and turned on them. Get off your high horse.

Last edited:

Ikutachi

Spare me. Keep in mind you are defending someone who is on the cover of Time magazine. Let that sink in. Someone who has 5 million followers on Instagram.let that sink in. The support of his peers in Hollywood. He's gotten more support than any trans person ever. Especially since your dumb shit demo forgot about Caitlyn Jenners political leanings and turned on them. Get off your high horse.
Depression is not the same as feeling the blues.

Spare me. Keep in mind you are defending someone who is on the cover of Time magazine. Let that sink in. Someone who has 5 million followers on Instagram.let that sink in. The support of his peers in Hollywood. He's gotten more support than any trans person ever. Especially since your dumb shit demo forgot about Caitlyn Jenners political leanings and turned on them. Get off your high horse.
If you call yo grandmama, mama and your uncle, Caitlin, you going to therapy.

Itll be fine. We'll spat for a bit then talk about mass effect.
Well, I was talking about that shirtless straight white male dude in the picture.

But about the subject you're discussing, I think the best thing is to have enough that you have a comfortable life but still have things to aspire for.
Having infinite amounts of cash is something that can fuck up your mind.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
So cis actors aren't allowed to play transgender roles but transgender actors can play cis roles??

I can understand hoping trans actors will get more roles, but as a trans woman myself...I don't mind if trans actors play non-trans characters, or if non-trans actors play transgender characters. So long as it's all done respectfully, I don't have a problem with it.

I personally loved Eddie Redmayne as Lili Elbe in The Danish Girl, and thought Hilary Swank was great as Brandon Teena in Boy's Don't Cry. 🤷‍♀️

Xenon

I dunno, Chaz Bono seems to be getting on all right. I can't find much dirt on him. Maybe he's an exception.

EMRc2r4.jpg

And... you bring up Chaz why?

I am talking about a person, and maybe to some extent the social status it gives people in the current social hierarchy. Not every one who ever switched genders. Chaz is living his life, not trolling social media.

mango drank

And... you bring up Chaz why?

I am talking about a person, and maybe to some extent the social status it gives people in the current social hierarchy. Not every one who ever switched genders. Chaz is living his life, not trolling social media.
You brought up Hollywood earlier, which Chaz is part of. Maybe I misunderstood your "Hollyweird hates happy endings." What'd you mean?

Xenon

You brought up Hollywood earlier, which Chaz is part of. Maybe I misunderstood your "Hollyweird hates happy endings." What'd you mean?

Chaz's fame has more to do with Cher then any personal antics.

As far as my statement on hollyweird, people don't get attention by leading happy lives. Nobody is still talking about Lindsay Lohan because of her acting ability. How reliant would E. Page be if it wasn't for the current "identity" not very. Definitely not the cover of Life relevant that's for sure

Last edited:

Pidull

Ain't no chance in hell those abs are real. Fucking whole body is stick thin, but had abs that defined? No way.

Fuck, I sorta feel bad for Elliott, if you're so unhappy with your body that you gotta get plastic surgery abs... you're in fucking trouble.

I honestly don't think this is much different from other people addicted to plastic surgery, it could be a guy who gets calf implants and injects oil into his biceps, or a woman who has massive breast implants with a cat-like face, or a trans male with an engineered penis, removed breasts, and implanted abs.

I feel bad that anyone feels compelled to make these decisions in the name of being who they see themselves as. I guess suicide thoughts and rates for post-transition are lower, but the rates are still WAY higher than general populations, so I have doubts in terms of the true efficacy of transitioning.

What a shit situation with no clean solution, I just feel BAD about anyone who identifies as trans, that is an awful hand to get dealt in life.i just want everyone to be happy with themselves and not be hated by others, regardless of anything. I know that's basically impossible tho.

Last edited:

mango drank

What a shit situation with no clean solution, I just feel BAD about anyone who identifies as trans, that is an awful hand to get dealt in life.i just want everyone to be happy with themselves and not be hated by others, regardless of anything. I know that's basically impossible tho.
The situation sucks now because the science and medicine sucks. Gender transition surgeries are imperfect. From what I gather, trans people want to be the other gender, not just kinda-sorta look like it. I gotta imagine in the distant future, 100 years from now, if you're biologically female and want to be male, then by gum, science will be able to turn you into a 100% male, no compromises. Same for male to female. Facial structure, musculature, bones, sex organs--all of it. You'll be practically indistinguishable from the real thing. That, or they'll be able to look at a developing embryo, pick up on signs that its brain is leaning more towards being one gender while its body is leaning towards the other, and direct the body to develop into the other gender instead, so there's no mismatch. Which would save the trouble of reassignment surgery down the road as an adult. Feel free to imagine other utopian / dystopian interventions.

nkarafo

Money is not the key to happiness.
Bullshit quote.

Money may not give you absolute happiness if your issues can't be fixed by buying the solutions. But lack of money would surely make things much worse.

In my case, most of my issues would be fixed if i had that kind of money. Maybe that still wouldn't make me 100% happy but it would make me happier than i'm right now.

GamingKaiju

He looks weird, like a young child’s body on an adult. I don’t wanna hate on the guy but his body is still very feminine and lacks bulk and mass.

Hit the gym bro.

Kenpachii

She has no body weight, so abs would naturally show far better. however those are implants. Actual six packs take some serious dedication and muscles will show everywhere on her body. Also her whole mid frame body is completely different from a girl ( not talking about tits ) she got some serious reconstructing going on over there.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
If you're already skinny and you follow a diet, abs can releveal easily, and I think Elliot was already used to gym before the transition. As a woman, she was probably focused on her stomach/ass and not her limbs, as lot of women do.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Starved childs in africa donate their only weekly meal to this guy when they see that last pic of him...

Last edited:

Ionian

Who will The Umbrella Academy replace her with though? Thats the only important question.
they will keep him playing vanya. they'll rework the story somehow to suit Page. Netflix would get an insane amount of hate if they recast the role so they will be too afraid to do anything else. i think they should get a female actress to play a female character 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:
Top Bottom