• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ellen Page (Inception Juno, etc) is now Elliot Page.

kretos

Banned
How can she be a he when she don't have a D?

explain-this-shit-bw4flx.jpg

GhostOfTsu

Banned
This may have been asked before, but does this mean there will be a patch coming to The Last of Us?

Why? She's not Ellie. Ellie is modeled and voiced by Ashley Johnson.

Are you thinking of Beyond Two Souls? Ellen was in that game.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
I don't know if Elliot IDs as nonbinary and I don't want to speak on his behalf but it can spectrum of both identity and presentation. So Elliot may identify as nonbinary and present as masculine or identify as transmasculine nonbinary (for example I believe this is how Ian Alexander identifies). Or perhaps he is transmasculine and simply okay with they/them pronouns as well as he/him. There's a lot of different factors and it's very personal.

HotPocket69

Banned
I don't know if Elliot IDs as nonbinary and I don't want to speak on his behalf but it can spectrum of both identity and presentation. So Elliot may identify as nonbinary and present as masculine or identify as transmasculine nonbinary (for example I believe this is how Ian Alexander identifies). Or perhaps he is transmasculine and simply okay with they/them pronouns as well as he/him. There's a lot of different factors and it's very personal.

Wow, thanks for filling in the blanks for me man. It really helped a lot.

teezzy

Banned
It's crazy how much progress the transgendered movement has made in the last decade. First time I ever remember there being any controversy in regards to them being considered something totally acceptable to joke about was in 2012 when Conan had to apologize for a bit on his show

Funny to think, it was only 2015 when same sex marriage was made legal nationwide

Now people are concerned with dead naming and stuff, and androgyny seems more prevalent than ever

Wild times indeed

JSoup

Banned
I should redownload Beyond: Two Souls, now I think about it. I could go for getting frustrated with the janky fucking controls for 10 minutes and then deleting it again.

mortal

lol wait how is she trans? Isn't she just a lesbian who dresses androgynously?

She's grown and can do as she pleases. Just seems kind of attention seeking imo, but what do I know?

She was really cute in Juno. Oh well.

asustitan

Banned
Trans is absolute garbage.

No you are a female, just not as feminine as other females. This does not mean you are NOT a female.

It is fine, I'm male and I'm not the most manly of men. This is fine also, we are all on a scale.

Sure you can say you are bloke, but really you're are not. Just play make believe in your head and we shall grin and smile.

Is the world just getting dumber, it sure seems like it. Why are people not just telling them straight, sorry to break it to you but you are a lesbian not a man. What is wrong with that nowadays?

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Also should read her statement and see how self absorbed it is

Blah Blah my privilage, Blah Blah Black and latinx are being killed 40 of them there are FORTY OF THEM. Its all those evil white males faults (wait a minute I am a white male now).

Hey guys I'm trans and queer. Look at me, everyone!

So what does this mean now? She was a Lesbian and now that she's a man, she likes.... men now?

Look. Again I have no issue with trans people in general. There's a few that are downright badass like Lilith Lovett and our very own Sophia Narwitz but yeah I just really don't get it anymore.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

So what does this mean now? She was a Lesbian and now that she's a man, she likes.... men now?

Look. Again I have no issue with trans people in general. There's a few that are downright badass like Lilith Lovett and our very own Sophia Narwitz but yeah I just really don't get it anymore.
Don’t leave out our beloved Ailynn Ailynn 🥰🥰🥰

cryptoadam

Banned
Wait...so does her transition into a white man put her at the top of the progressive stack, or at the bottom???

tenor.gif

She leveled up.

She went from white women which is pretty low, to gay women which shoot her up close to black women and above black man, and now she is gay trans man so she is right under black women now.

Her next step is to take a DNA test and claim she is black because she is 1/1024th black and she will be top of the heap as a black gay trans women.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Don’t leave out our beloved Ailynn Ailynn 🥰🥰🥰
Aww- Big hugs to you! ♥

They seem cool. Didn't know anything about them though.

Hello there- Pleased to meet you! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Super quick bio: I'm Christian and believe in compassion and empathy for all. I was born biologically male but endured prenatal sexual differentiation through exposure to Diethylstilbestrol which led to eventual medical and surgical transition as a trans woman.

While trans, I don't celebrate that aspect of myself. Gender dysphoria is something I would wish upon no one.

Mostly, I just believe in being kind to everyone...regardless of any perceived differences. :)

Last edited:
Well his marriage just exposes either the BS about trans, or the BS around being gay.

Elliot is married to a women

So if we follow translogic and say that Elliot is really a man, that means that either his wife is not gay anymore and is attracted to men.

Or

This trans people are really man/women is bollocks and you can't just poof become the opposite sex.

So which is it. Gay people are attracted to the opposite sex so a transman/women is really the opposite sex, or trans are really real man/women and gay peoples attraction can change on a whim and you can go from being gay liking the same sex to being straight likeing the opposite sex?

His wife better be getting a divorce and shacking up with a big breasted women or I call Bullshit on the whole goddamn thing.

If you ask me, changing genders during marriage is kinda fucked. Like, it's still her life I won't tell anyone what they can do with their life or body but I know for sure if I married a woman and later on she identified as a man I would be fucking devastated. By the time we marry we should both know who we are and what we want. Shit happens in marriage but this is like bare minimum of agreement for a marriage contract.

cryptoadam

Banned
If you ask me, changing genders during marriage is kinda fucked. Like, it's still her life I won't tell anyone what they can do with their life or body but I know for sure if I married a woman and later on she identified as a man I would be fucking devastated. By the time we marry we should both know who we are and what we want. Shit happens in marriage but this is like bare minimum of agreement for a marriage contract.

I see where you coming from and if you were the person on the receiving end you would be pissed.

but no different then if your partner came out as gay or even cheating on you. Sometimes people in marriages lie and act like assholes.

Now if she is like hey honey I am a dude now and you will have to accept it and tell everyone how brave I am and how much you love dudes now even though you are gay, ya she has a right to be pissed asked to play along with this charade.

Elliot clearly has some mental issues. Her meltdown over Juicy Smollette should have been a clear signal. If my partner all of a sudden up and decided halfway through our marriage that they want to start acting like the opposite sex I would be hella pissed and start moving on.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So now that they are a man and will presumably have sex with a woman, does that make him a straight white guy now? Seems like a bad career move.

I see where you coming from and if you were the person on the receiving end you would be pissed.

but no different then if your partner came out as gay or even cheating on you. Sometimes people in marriages lie and act like assholes.

Now if she is like hey honey I am a dude now and you will have to accept it and tell everyone how brave I am and how much you love dudes now even though you are gay, ya she has a right to be pissed asked to play along with this charade.

Elliot clearly has some mental issues. Her meltdown over Juicy Smollette should have been a clear signal. If my partner all of a sudden up and decided halfway through our marriage that they want to start acting like the opposite sex I would be hella pissed and start moving on.
I think the gay thing still stands too. If Im in a relationship with a woman but she has a lot of feelings for the same sex I would like to know those things. I know this is not intentional on Elliot's part to deceive someone but all I ask is to think about the other person too.

I worked with this gay man before and he was a pretty nice dude. We got along well but one day I asked him if he always knew he was gay and he said "Oh yea" I have always know that. Yet he intentionally married a woman and said "well it was a different time". Ok, I get that but that still doesn't make it right. She just wasted years of her life on a man that was lying to her since the beginning.

Last edited:

Dthomp

That's the part that confuses me as she said she's/he's trans now so that means identifying as a male? But calls herself queer still (likely for the brownie points?) so would that mean that she's into dudes now again? If she's a dude, and he's a dude, then we're all dudes?

Wouldn't all of these hoops he's jumped through made her the most evil thing on earth? A straight white male?

MrMephistoX

Is it transphobic of me to say that it would be a waste for men and women alike if she starts taking hormones and grows a beard?

I’ve always found her cute and I’m sure many lesbians do as well.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
ugh its this history-rewriting shit that makes me rmde at this stuff

no, you saw her when she was still identifying as a woman. you didn't see her in the past and know she was going to retroactively change her fucking gender.

its like a fucking cult, somebody says the magic words "my name is a man name now, my pronouns are thus" and everyone reacts in this spellbound way, straight up twisting their own personal history to fit the new fashion. fucking scary.

Yeah this is the shit that gets me. So disingenuous.

Didn't Kevin Smith basically react with

"......okay good for you" when Thea from B&T 3 (forgot actress name) said she's a they/them?

Didn't think he had any interest in this woke shit.

Top Bottom