• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk to announce SpaceX's Mars colonization plans at IAC on Tuesday (Sept. 27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantII

Sign me up.

Stuff like this keeps me sane, especially when half the country will be voting for that fake snake oil salesman we saw last night.

Elon is the real deal. Buissiness as a tool for progress.

ElFly

it is a shame 2020 will be missed for the launch; the trip time to mars being that short won't repeat for more than a decade after, and the planned 2024 trip will be 140 days

Alexlf

I don't know about with 100 other people, but it looks pretty swanky to live on. I wouldn't mind living there for 90+ days.

I love being able to live to at least see something like this. Hope this becomes a reality, it´d be humanity greatest achievement!

Alexlf

I'd never heard Musk speak before now, and even though he's not a great speaker he really sells the dream. I genuinely get the sense he's pushing for this with everything he has, and that he can succeed.

Heck ya.

Morts

I really want to believe he'll get anything of this accomplished in the next ten years but he's missing a lot of specifics. What about radiation? Bone density loss during the trip? If the spaceship goes back to earth for the next trip what do they build the habitats out of?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
this thread is slow as fuck. How is gaf not following this? You let me down, gaf, you let me down....
SpaceGAF following the event are not easily swayed into hype/hysteria?

Oriel

Why do I get the impression that news reporters will focus on the "10 mins travel from New York and London" bit instead of travel to Mars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom