• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Endless Oceon Luminous 30 player online

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
felt in a dream when you play you get swim with whales in real life I am a whale my friends could be GOTY

SAIcDB.gif

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Blue World was my jam back in the day. I wonder if this will support motion controls.

Not sure I like the idea of a different world each dive, as I liked to come back to certain places and see how they've changed. Depending on time of day things were also different and it gave the game a cool nature documentary vibe which I loved.

For example, I once found a brood of shark eggs (never knew how they looked until discovering them in the game - transparent sacks with hooks and all!), and upon returning to the same spot a couple dives later, they'd hatched and little sharklings were swimming around. Loved moments such as that.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Not sure how I feel about having the screen littered with gamer names in a game about slow relaxing exploration.

Hopefully A you can turn all that shit off and B restrict it to friends only

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not a fan of the randomly generated environments. I love the way the original Subnautica did it, where a lot of it is obviously generated (at least I don't think they handcrafted all of it), but it's always the same, so you can go back to earlier places and go deeper and deeper.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
It seems this is developed by the same studio responsible for the first two, arika. They were also behind games like Tetris 99, so this gives you an idea of what to expect of online.

Also, the game supposebly will come with a free 7 day trial of Nintendo switch online. Pre order seems to be already up, but I dunno the price in USA dollars. $50?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Fuck off with your Oceon, couldn't find a thread about this in the search.

The marine life looks nicely detailed, textures, materials, polycounts, animations, but the art style does appear to have a more cartoony vibe than the Wii games seemed to go for (and those also looked beautiful though Arika is no AAA studio, Idk what trolls are on). No boat/land stuff seen, hmm...

Also maybe the old school applied texture or whatever water caustics (?) on top of everything when relatively near the surface (so not seen in the abyss etc.) were more convincing or at least prettier than with the new lighting system where they aren't as prominent?​

Last edited:
Top Bottom