• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games "Joins GOG in the Goal to Deliver Universal Ownership of Digital Goods" (epic games via gog client)

llien

So, GOG Galaxy client will support Epic games (and is open to others, including those, starting with S, who would not join for obvious reasons).

This eliminates "so I need to install yet another client now" and is... a good thing?

What are your thoughts?

8KP50h0PfPNMsdm2.jpg

TechPowerUp

MadYarpen

Are you sure? So far I think you needed epic launcher to play epic games.

I think there is a difference between official and unofficial integration...

llien

They say it's a "universal launcher... for all platforms", so...

This isn't new lmao and there's been official steam integration in GOG 2.0 since the beta phase.
That's not "that" integration. What you are referring to is "if you own a steam game that is available on gog.com, you can have it on gog for free".

Last edited:

T-Cake

I can't believe I'm saying this but I prefer the Epic client to GOG Galaxy 2.0. Galaxy looks like something somebody cobbled together for a school coding project.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Pretty sure you still need all your clients and launchers. I have gog galaxy installed I just don't use it much since the vast majority of my library is on steam.

Stuart360

Without trying to speak for anyone else, i dont think people's problems with the EpicShitstore come down to simply needing to have another launcher. Thats what people think who are looking at the situation from the outside without knowledge of why PC gamers are against Epic. And i dont mean you op, i just mean in general.

GHG

They say it's a "universal launcher... for all platforms", so...

That's not "that" integration. What you are referring to is "if you own a steam game that is available on gog.com, you can have it on gog for free".

No, I'm talking about the steam integration in GOG galaxy:

Previously the Epic games integration was done via a community integration (it did exactly the same thing), but it was there and readily available on the main branch for Galaxy 2.0. Hence I got this email:

799UDEA.jpg

jigglet

Banned
Without trying to speak for anyone else, i dont think people's problems with the EpicShitstore come down to simply needing to have another launcher. Thats what people think who are looking at the situation from the outside without knowledge of why PC gamers are against Epic. And i dont mean you op, i just mean in general.

This 100%.

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Uhm, does it really make that much of a difference? It'll work the same way as it did before and does now with steam, except now its official. And galaxy 2.0 doesn't eliminate the need to install other launchers.

T-Cake

Disappointing as I read that headline as Epic joins GOG (in the goal of making all the games available on their client DRM free as well).

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Disappointing as I read that headline as Epic joins GOG (in the goal of making all the games available on their client DRM free as well).
That'd be nice, but impossible. A lot of publishers still insist in forcing DRM down our throats and any store that wishes to sell high profile games would have to accept those terms.

Miles708

Damn, I misunderstood the headline too, and now I'm equally sad.

The best thing about GOG is not the launcher implementation.

Top Bottom