• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

Darq up for grabs.
As of today I now have the same number of games in my Epic Library free as I have in my Steam Library bought.
Or at least close too it. 202 or 208 I'm not sure if I counted it exactly.
Though My steam library has half again as many 'tools' and videos and soundtracks.
Is there a way to know when you first signed up for Steam? I'm curious now how many per year that is.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Next week

disgusted jennifer lawrence GIF

Hope we get something else other than a pack of microtransactions for a free to play game

myfriendtim

This week, it's Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep and a pack for Rogue Company.

myfriendtim

This week, it's Guild of Dungeoneering, KID A MNESIA EXHIBITION, and Never Alone.

Fuz

Banned

manfestival

Yeah this is good. Can't wait for Christmas days. They will likely do like half duplicates like last year with like 1-2 interesting titles.

Ok I may sound like a clueless dummy for asking this ; But I don't do much PC gaming these days, due to not having a proper gaming PC. I mostly horde cheap or free PC games I find deals on, ( for the odd chance of having /building a PC in the soon future, that I could finally play said games on) Such as Steam Sales, Free Games on Amazon Prime etc.

Long story short; Epic Game store via Free Prime Gaming let me "Claim" and "download" Alien Isolation a few months ago. Was pretty excited to score this game for free, since it's always been on my radar, I guess just to make sure I can "Claim" the game. I downloaded and installed Epic Games Store app on my non-gaming laptop, and also downloaded and claimed the game. Fast forward just two days ago. I launch the Epic Game Store app on my Windows laptop. To see what games I have in my 'Library' , sure enough it shows 'Alien Isolation' "INSTALLED" I was like "installed?!” I'm not in a hurry to play the game just yet. And I have little, precious space left on my laptop's hard drive. I was like, (As you can do on Steam) let me uninstall the game while just keeping the title in my Library. As soon as I uninstalled it. Game and title disappeared from my Library. Went looking for it on the Epic Game store. Now it says "Buy for $45 , and download and install" couldn't find any button that said "Purchased" or "Already Purchased" or "Owned" or anything like that, you'd see on PS Store or Steam. Basically my free Amazon Prime Alien Isolation gift game vanished from face of the Epic Games app. Forever. I am not too familiar with Epic Games app/store. But wtf happened ? Was the free game deal a limited time or something? It expired? I really wanted that game, and having it for free via Prime Gaming was sweet while it lasted. :(

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Ok I may sound like a clueless dummy for asking this ; But I don't do much PC gaming these days, did to not having a proper gaming PC. I mostly horde cheap or free PC games I find deals on, ( for the odd chance of having /building a PC in the soon future, that I could finally play said games on) Such as Steam Sales, Free Games on Amazon Prime etc.

Long story short; Epic Game store via Free Prime Gaming let me "Claim" and "download" Alien Isolation a few month ago. Was pretty excited to score this game for free, since it's always been on my radar, I guess just to make sure I can "Claim" the game. I downloaded and installed Epic Games Store app on my non-gaming laptop, and also downloaded and claimed the game. Fast forward just two days ago. I launch t
Oh no! Epic had him killed mid-sentence!

Thanks. I checked (via browser on phone ) and nothing is showing for Purchase and Code Redemption History. I got the

"No charges have been made to your account yet". Message.

Oh well, it almost seems like that game was a mirrage, can't even relocate it on the Twitch Prime Gaming (perks) page, as it's been a few months since it was offered.

I'm just gonna accept it as a loss. Fuck it, surely the game will come around again somewhere as a Free offer or for dirt cheap (On Steam)

Fuz

Banned
Thanks. I checked (via browser on phone ) and nothing is showing for Purchase and Code Redemption History. I got the

"No charges have been made to your account yet". Message.

Oh well, it almost seems like that game was a mirrage, can't even relocate it on the Twitch Prime Gaming (perks) page, as it's been a few months since it was offered.

I'm just gonna accept it as a loss. Fuck it, surely the game will come around again somewhere as a Free offer or for dirt cheap (On Steam)
Have you tried writing to their support?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Might be worth a thread on its own. The winter sale is starting. With the 10 dollar coupon, there are some really great deals. Disco Elysium is 8 bucks with it.

jshackles

Top Bottom