• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever find yourself dumbing down your conversation with women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brofist

I don't care if you have a million word voabulary, the only thing that should come to mind with girls is FHUTA

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
most women dont give a shit about how well versed or well spoken you are. If you are tall, dark and hansome(aka me ;) ), you can be the dumbest clown ever with a head full of rocks and still bang lots of chicks.

Thank God I posses both traits :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Conversation overheard between 2 women, by me.

Woman 1: "I can't work this thing (computer) I'm not a Rocket Scientist"
Woman 2: "Don't worry, no one's a Rocket Scientist"
Woman 1: "Brain Surgeons are"

Firstly, some people are Rocket Scientists and secondly, Brain Surgeons are not Rocket Scientists.

Desperado

catfish said:

Firstly, some people are Rocket Scientists and secondly, Brain Surgeons are not Rocket Scientists.

LMAO

---

What exactly are these words that people don't understand? I need examples.

And no, my vocabulary is horrendously minute.

Yes, I just stuck in "horrendously minute" because this is a thread about vocabulary...the first words that came to mind were "horribly bad". Hell, now that I think about it, that's redundant.

And now that I think about the topic question more, yes, every once in a while I do. I can distinctly remember people not knowing what "redundant" and "tedious" meant. REDUNDANT and TEDIOUS, for God's sake.

ballhog

catfish said:

These chicks sound HOT!

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
I don't mean to defend all of the less articulate people that we all run into from time to time, but no one wants to feel stupid, and since the bar is so low these days in regard to having an expansive vocabulary, those of us who can speak English just have to give in.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Heh. I didn't know this was a problem for the rest of society as well. I move to start a breeding program to create a super hot and intelligent woman. That likes games. And comics. And maybe anime.

AND LOVES THE SHOCKER! ZAP!

Rorschach

Mr Gump said:
Most girls i do, even guys. There is however this one girl i don't have to, which is great. The problem is that my vocabulary used to be far more expansive during my final years of high school that it is now. Probably because ive had to dumb down for the last few years that ive just become accustomed to it.
I was just talking to a friend about that. I no longer have people who I can talk to on what used to be my level on a regular basis. I even catch myself dumbing down words I know people at work won't understand with my friends that would. Hell, I do it all the time on here :X
It scares me when i can no longer find a word that i need to properly express myself in conversations these days.
Scares the hell out of me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom