• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-Insomniac dev throws his bosses under the bus over Rivet's design being too feminine.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Americans certainly have problems with their conservative puritanical views, which is somewhat present here through (((progressive))) lens. SAD

I like Rivet the way she is now, and it's not a woman so they can depict her the way they want. But everything is becoming political nowadays. It's really tiresome.

Last edited:
01-default-1623328860737_n1v3.1080.jpg

What is that guy on about? He's acting like Rivet was running around the game only dressed in a miniscule bikini with her huge breasts always on the cusp of falling out.

the designers should have given Rivet a dick and bulging biceps to break societal norms while wearing a Soviet Union logo tshirt and a fedora

Last edited:

Hugare

I would like to know how many women were harmed because a space fox has curves

Jesus fucking christ, I'm all in against some stupid female designs (hate a lot of japanese stuff), but this right here is just stupid

Rivet's design is fucking awesome.

Slaylock

Not surprisingly, this topic is playing differently on another forum:

Tripolygon

Banned
He was right and I'm glad he spoke up which ultimately made Rivet's design better in my opinion. Lots of games anthropomorphize supposed Alien characters, especially the female ones in ways that don't make sense. Most erroneous one is a serpentine alien character in xcom with breasts.

27eb483b7536edbdc3858d936f192a7f-970-80.png

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

Of course, thats where we keep all similar cucks, furries and worse, contained.

didn’t you hear?

Naughty Dog also doesn’t care about black peepow just like Dubya

Hawke502

He was right and I'm glad he spoke up which ultimately made Rivet's design better in my opinion. Lots of games anthropomorphize supposed Alien characters, especially the female ones in ways that don't make sense. Most erroneous one is a serpentine alien character in xcom with breasts.

This doesnt look bad because its made more feminine, it looks bad because its almost like some snake furry shit

Hawke502

And this is why anyone thinking the gaming industry will change for the better is wrong, most of game devs share the views of REEEE, and anyone who doesn't will never get a fair shot in this market, its the reality, folks.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
what's a cis? sissy?

It means you identify as the gender you were born as (and maybe also that you're heterosexual, not sure if that's part of it or if you can be cis and gay). So it's a very bad thing to be in certain people's minds. To them it basically means you're an oppressor and part of "the problem".

So many essays in that thread lol

crozier

I agree, nothing but ugly men and ugly women from here on out. And our job isn’t done until the attractive people start complaining that they too need representation in gaming. Then the cycle starts anew.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
After just finishing ff7r on PS5... Wow it is such a breath of fresh air. They don't give a crap about this bs. Tifa looks hot af. Jessie even better and hits on cloud like if there was no tomorrow. Japanese don't give a fuck but at the same time they censor everything... Yet it's still better than western sjw culture crap.

Oh and new ratchet was fun but it's so safe and wholesome even Disney is edgier

Last edited:

McCheese

Renaissance art put tits on stuff all the time for tits-sake, and that worked out pretty well for society.

Tripolygon

Banned
This doesnt look bad because its made more feminine, it looks bad because its almost like some snake furry shit
That's the point. A character can have feminine characteristics without necessarily having big breasts and big ass or supper curvy hips. In the end, Rivet didn't need big breast or wide hips to read as feminine based on her character design alone. He had a legit complaint and it made for a better design. Trying to imagine a Rivet design with big breast and hips and it looks wrong. Lol

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
didn’t you hear?

Naughty Dog also doesn’t care about black peepow just like Dubya

that's quite possibly the worst thread I've seen.

Nd goes out of their way to develop deep black characters but they died so it doesn't matter. I guess Vito Corleone was a shit character because he was also killed off to push Michael Corleone over the edge.

That Mario Puzo. What a hack.

Hawke502

Eh, doubt most game development studios are like reeeee. Some, sure. But game devs have jobs for starters.
Most game studios share this distorted progressive view, out of principle or self interest. Sure, maybe their workplace is less toxic than resetera, but im sure someone leaning to a more conservative world view would never last long in the industry.,

Mister Wolf

After just finishing ff7r on PS5... Wow it is such a breath of fresh air. They don't give a crap about this bs. Tifa looks hot af. Jessie even better and hits on cloud like if there was no tomorrow. Japanese don't give a fuck but at the same time they censor everything... Yet it's still better than western sjw culture crap.

Oh and new ratchet was fun but it's so safe and wholesome even Disney is edgier

Notice how when they try to complain to Japanese studios about this stuff the studios either outright ignore it with no response or give a joke answer like Taro. You don't argue or debate crazy people. You ignore them.

Then make characters sexless. Actually just make them all stick figures

Mister Wolf

nah they just hate women.

Women like looking pretty. Women like seeing other beautiful women. It's the men who want to make women look ugly for reasons that should be obvious by now.

I would surmise alot of these dudes are probably jealous of attractive women and wish they were women themselves.

Top Bottom