• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exoprimal will release July 14th 2023

fart town usa

Gold Member
Guess I'll try it tonight.

I believe you can play it focused on just PvE.
You're right and I was actually just about to edit my post. I was googling it a bit and yeah, Capcom seems to have removed the PvEvP aspect (made is optional it seems). I'm actually really interested in this now. I love a fun PvE game and this could be a Resistance 2 coop experience for me.

I may have to get this Day 1 now. 🤔

It's funny too cause in the survey I took after the beta, in the final comments I was like, "YOU GOTTA REMOVE THE MANDATORY PvP, ITS GONNA KILL THE GAME!#!!1" 😅. I wonder how many other people did the same.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Quick and dirty impressions

- There's no quality or performance toggle, the game just runs at 60 FPS (Series X)
- Game play performance has been rock solid
- Cut-scenes look like they're dropping but that's acceptable I suppose
- The default aiming sensitivity was WAY TOO HIGH. I had to reduce it a few notches
- It's kinda feeling like Anthem without the jet packs and dinosaurs.
- Yes, it does have a story, it's not an aim-less game but the story is decidedly dumb
- Not-Regina has a very thick Russian accent.

MiguelItUp

People do this ? For real?
....Yeah, especially if you player games online. Like Street Fighter 6.

I'm not sure what to expect with this game. But I'll check it out at some point. It's always looked so weird to me, and it never really looked like it caught on at all.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Alright, this games progression is not jiving with me lol.

So far, the 'story' mode is just 5 on 5 PVE or PVP matches against real people (or bots if they don't populate or quit midgame) and the winner of the match gets to see the next story cut-scene, and the loser team has to try again.

I don't see myself playing this for long lol.

Played a few rounds and this game is the definition of mediocre.

I'm mildly interested in the story, but it just seems incredibly repetitive to progress it right now because it's the same mission and map ad nauseam.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Alright, this games progression is not jiving with me lol.

So far, the 'story' mode is just 5 on 5 PVE or PVP matches against real people (or bots if they don't populate or quit midgame) and the winner of the match gets to see the next story cut-scene, and the loser team has to try again.

I don't see myself playing this for long lol.

Played a few rounds and this game is the definition of mediocre.

I'm mildly interested in the story, but it just seems incredibly repetitive to progress it right now because it's the same mission and map ad nauseam.
Hmmm, I was considering getting it tomorrow to stream on YT since there are no reviews, thought maybe I could snag a subscriber or two but I dunno now. Seems like it'd just be a waste of money. Should probably hold out.

nikos

Game is pretty fun so far. Enjoying playing as a healer.

Just had a game with an exciting comeback that gave me a taste of how things can get at a more competitive level.

Don't really care for the story yet, probably because I care more about playing at the moment. Don't think this game was ever meant to be story driven, so it was surprising to see any at all.

Looking forward to seeing more maps, which I believe unlock as you play. Going to keep playing and see how it goes.

Last edited:

havoc00

I wasn’t super impressed with the demo sounds like not a lot has changed since, I’ll give it another shot but not expecting much

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
There are multiple elements that do suck. Menu UI is an abomination. Level design so very is extremely basic. Mission structure is very odd with your team shuttled from objective to objective a very unimaginative way. Ability cooldowns feel long.

But for some reason I'm still enjoying it a bit. I'll see how far I get.

bender

What time is it?
You're too early

I just want to kill some mother fucking dinosaurs.

crying-bender.gif

M.W.

Honestly it gets pretty old, pretty quick. Is there anyway to turn off the announcer?

Edit: turn down leviathon to 0. So much better.

Last edited:

Neolombax

Customization seems to be even less than Aliens Fireteam Elite. May just reinstall that game instead for my 3rd person shooter fix. Content for this game seems to be on the low side.

Capcom ID. Whelp that foray didn't last very long. Thank fuck that was on Gamepass.

Godspeed Exoprimal.
Yeah. For me, it's not even about the ID as I could sign up in mere minutes, it is about what that ID means: online multiplayer required, mtx will probably be a thing in it, and worst of all it likely means GaaS! Gonna have to put on my GaaS mask and avoid this shit. Remember, Destiny 2 started out as a paid game, and look where that dumpster fire has led. No thank you.

havoc00

Yeah. For me, it's not even about the ID as I could sign up in mere minutes, it is about what that ID means: online multiplayer required, mtx will probably be a thing in it, and worst of all it likely means GaaS! Gonna have to put on my GaaS mask and avoid this shit. Remember, Destiny 2 started out as a paid game, and look where that dumpster fire has led. No thank you.
You have to pay the capcom premium tax they gave you tons of good stuff you have to endure this and support it!

Finally saw a second map after 7 matches, and haven't seen it again since lol

This game is just mindless repetitiveness to progress a Battle Pass and occasionally see story cutscenes that the writers thought were quirky and funny (they're not). Best way to play is Windowed while watching YouTube or catch up on some shows - that's what has been keeping me going lol

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I think the lack of reviews is very telling, might be more as the weekend hits but the fact they are not there day 1 is pretty telling that no one gives a shit about this title.

Will wait for the weekend before I take a look at the steam stats (I know it's on gamepass as well, but so was Darktide, and more people played on steam while gamepass community died in a week, crossplay finaly launched saving the few that remain) but right now there lower than Lawbreakers.

Last edited:
Game didn't click with me. Played the demo for an hour or so about a week ago and just did not give a shit. It feels like it's 15 years late.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
All of the opinions above = The Gamepass effect : play something for 30 mins, doesn't "click", oh well, on to the next one, we might as well be playing demos ...

...not that Capcom isn't being tone-deaf here, i mean, they're selling this for 60-65 bucks, an online-only MP game which is also pretty much barebones right now and they're expecting it to sell ? Also, the fact that's "free" on GP but almost-full retail everywhere else doesn't help their case, this shit SHOULD have been F2P right from the start, also, ZERO reviews from the press, yeah, this has been sent to die, watch it going F2P 3-4 months from now (or, on a heavy, HEAVY discount).

It's kind of a shame since Capcom has been on a good streak lately but this ain't it unfortunately

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Why are you on every thread about Capcom saying the same childish nonsense?

We get it, you dont like modern Capcom games. There there.

I mean that's fair...

But this is specifically awful even by modern day Capcom standards.

The only positives I can think of is things all modern capcom games excel at like how easy the game is to run vs the graphical fidedility it provides.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
There's no doubt it's their most flawed game in a while. I honestly would enjoy it if it had more stages, and a bit more varied objectives.

I still enjoyed it so far though but I wouldnt buy it full price. It reminds me of the more experimental multiplayer stuff we used to get tacked on with single player games on PS3 / 360.

Banned
the game has RT reflections in cutscenes, and then you play it and are confronted by RE Engine's absolutely horrific screen space reflections 😭

currently downloading on PC in the hopes you can have RT during gameplay

Top Bottom