• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 Hungarian GP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinobi

...the fact that it's taken this long for a thread to show up for this borefest of a race probably speaks volumes.

Grid for the Hungarian GP
1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m19.146s
2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari 1m19.323s
3 SATO BAR 1m19.693s
4 BUTTON BAR 1m19.700s
5 ALONSO Renault 1m19.996s
6 PIZZONIA Williams 1m20.170s
7 MONTOYA Williams 1m20.199s
8 FISICHELLA Sauber 1m20.324s
9 TRULLI Renault 1m20.411s
10 RAIKKONEN McLaren 1m20.570s
11 WEBBER Jaguar 1m20.730s
12 COULTHARD McLaren 1m20.897s
13 PANIS Toyota 1m21.068s
14 KLIEN Jaguar 1m21.118s
15 ZONTA Toyota 1m21.135s
16 HEIDFELD Jordan 1m22.180s
17 PANTANO Jordan 1m22.356s
18 BAUMGARTNER Minardi 1m24.329s
19 BRUNI Minardi 1m24.679s
20 MASSA Sauber no time

Michael with his 63rd pole. McLaren chose the wrong tire, so they got fucked (and will be fucked, since passing on this circuit seems to be impossible). And Sato and Button take up row two...be funny as hell if they crashed into each other, considering what's going on in that camp.

Speaking of which, Jacques Villeneuve has talked to David Richards about a possible return. Seems they've patched things up after last year, so he's now a possibility to replace Button, pending the tribunal. We might (will) see a boring race today, but at least we're right in the middle of the most exciting silly season ever.

Shinobi

Again, I'd blame the track...as someone put it, it's Monaco without the buildings (or the history, or the water lined with boats, or the pizzazz). Boring to look at, boring to race on. Would be fun to just drive on though, due to it's technical challenge.

Shinobi

Nah, 2002 was another runaway season for Schumacher...2003 went right down to the wire, and had six or seven different GP winners to boot.

Malakhov

Banned
In other news, Villeneuve is talking with BAR Honda about replacing Button next season.

And yes, F1 is so boring now. How can it be entertainting when someone is totally dominating and won 12 out of 13 races so far?

Shinobi

Depends how you look at it. We'll probably never see someone dominant ANY sport the way Schumacher and Ferrari are doing at the moment. People always love to talk about the classic teams and players of the past in reverence, like Gretzky's Oilers, Jordan's Bulls, the Celtics that won like 9 straight titles, Manchester United's dominance in the 90's and so on. And few people ever called those runs boring.

The problem is that Michael is doing this on tracks that for the most part simply don't allow for passing outside the pits. That for me is the real issue.

Do I wish Michael was challenged more? Hell yeah. But it isn't the fault of him or Ferrari that they're so much better then everyone else. The field's gotta raise their game, simple as that.

Koshiro

Shinobi said:
Nah, 2002 was another runaway season for Schumacher...2003 went right down to the wire, and had six or seven different GP winners to boot.
Oh wiat, I just re-read your original post, I had read it as last year being boring. I do appologise.

Shinobi

Ah...no prob. Today's race was so boring it probably made you too tired to read properly.
lol.gif

Koshiro

Are you in UK? Our commentator James Allen summed it up nicely declaring Brawn's eating a banana as the most exciting part of the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom