• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 next gen update out April 25th also PC ultrawide and more

Cyberpunkd

So I caved in after a few days and downloaded the update for the Steam Deck (I also wanted to download and set up Skyrim). Surprisingly enough the OLED bug that required INI fix is gone.

Sweep14

PS+ Essential here. I've got the PS+ collection version of F4 and I'm finally able to download the PS5 update. It works. I had to add it in my library by selecting the required game version (not intuitive at all)

Just_one

PS+ Essential here. I've got the PS+ collection version of F4 and I'm finally able to download the PS5 update. It works. I had to add it in my library by selecting the required game version (not intuitive at all)
so the update for the PS+ version is live? might download it later today then

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

PS Essential user also, and mine is still trying to charge me 19.99......can you show screens of how you did it or provide more detailed info?

EDIT- NVM i figured it out, see post below

Last edited:

Mr Moose

So the Quality / Performance toggle doesn't do anything in the Xbox version right now after all.

Why would the official twitter account say otherwise lol.

Hopefully they fix this quick.
Bethesda:
dave-chappelle-distraction.gif

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
It's free for PS+ Essential Users now. I followed this totally NOT intuitive guide to get it added to my library and im downloading it now:

tJ4VkoF.png

One addition to the above.....after you select Fallout 4, click on the 3 dots, and choose view product. On the next page, you'll see the "Game and Game" dropdown. Choose the second one, which is the PS5 version.

MDSLKTR

It's free for PS+ Essential Users now. I followed this totally NOT intuitive guide to get it added to my library and im downloading it now:

tJ4VkoF.png

One addition to the above.....after you select Fallout 4, click on the 3 dots, and choose view product. On the next page, you'll see the "Game and Game" dropdown. Choose the second one, which is the PS5 version.
Ooh let's see
V0bPKMQ.jpeg

Mr Moose

tJ4VkoF.png

It only downloads the PS5 version that needs my PS4 disc for me even when I select the PS+ one :messenger_weary:

Another mod I can’t speak highly enough of is the ‘Heather Casdin - A Unique Companion’ mod.

She’s fully voiced with 2400 lines of dialogue (No crappy AI/vocaloid BS), and she has unique dialogue with the other followers (she can tag along with anyone else), and it’s really fun hearing her and Cait go at it.

During quests she has dialogue that ties into the quest; Like normally in some quests you get a walking section where the quest NPC would ordinarily just start dumping exposition without you asking anything, but with the mod she will jump in and ask question beforehand turning the unprompted exposition dump into the NPC answering her question and makes the dialogue flow a lot smoother.

Easily one of the most well made and polished mods I’ve ever played.

Last edited:
And even better, initial DF word, is that the PS5 is performing better....
The biggest issue I have on SX right now is the 1-2 second freezes roughly every 5 minutes or so when moving through the open world. And while I’m modded, I added mods gradually from a fresh start and it was happening since the beginning with just the CBBE mod basically.

And that just wasn’t happening before; I had a fully modded save before the update that I played the day before, waaay heavier on mods than what I‘m running now on a fresh save.

It just seems like a big I/O hitch similar to driving too fast in the earlier versions of Cyberpunk on SX while it tried to autosave…you’re left just enough time to wonder if it just fully froze before it starts back up and runs smooth again. Annoying but playable.

Thing is I also made my character smaller so my run speed is slower so you’d figure the loading would have be even easier than vanilla. And adding more mods after that doesn’t seem to impact it noticeably.

But man do I want the face texture mods to come back on Xbox. All the base textures are so wrinkly or weird but all the mods that do facial skin replacers will all auto crash the game right now.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

The biggest issue I have on SX right now is the 1-2 second freezes roughly every 5 minutes or so when moving through the open world. And while I’m modded, I added mods gradually from a fresh start and it was happening since the beginning with just the CBBE mod basically.

And that just wasn’t happening before; I had a fully modded save before the update that I played the day before, waaay heavier on mods than what I‘m running now on a fresh save.

It just seems like a big I/O hitch similar to driving too fast in the earlier versions of Cyberpunk on SX while it tried to autosave…you’re left just enough time to wonder if it just fully froze before it starts back up and runs smooth again. Annoying but playable.

Thing is I also made my character smaller so my run speed is slower so you’d figure the loading would have be even easier than vanilla. And adding more mods after that doesn’t seem to impact it noticeably.

But man do I want the face texture mods to come back on Xbox. All the base textures are so wrinkly or weird but all the mods that do facial skin replacers will all auto crash the game right now.
The only way to be 100% sure, is to delete all mods and do a vanilla start on a complete fresh install which wipes all creation club content. And after its reinstalled, make sure you fully restart the XSX. That's the only way in my mind that I'd be 100% sure the hitching isnt mod or old profile/save related. Its normal to get occasional zone transition momentary judder, but as you say, something isnt right if its every few minutes. I doubt CBBE is doing anything terrible as iirc its just textures and meshes. Unless theres a conflict with the new update....

Before doing all that, it would be worth trying VRR and then if able switching the XSX between 120hz and 60hz output modes too, just to check.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Been playing this afternoon on Steam Deck. Can't believe they haven't even tested the keyboard input, insta crash to desktop. It's incredibly bad, even by Bethesda "standard".

Are you playing it in desktop mode for some reason? Isn't the Steam deck certification only for steam os game mode?

Alebrije

Doesn't look "dated" ?
Brother, this is the DEFINITION of dated, from the god-awful character models, to the stilted as fuck terribad animations, to the idiotic speech/dialogue system.

What a fucking pathetic and incompetent company, I mean, this shit looked dated back in the day and all these years that have passed haven't done it any favors.

I'll say it again : judging by their latest game (Star field) Bethesda has been both resting on its laurels AND riding on its customers' goodwill - their games just feel so behind the curve that's not even funny, tried the patch on the PS5 and i just nope'd after 20 minutes, everything about it just feels archaic.

The only people that are going to defend this are A) die hard Bethesda fans and B) Xboys trying to defend the honour of a multi trillion company after they acquired this shitty company thus making each of their games "1st party exclusives" in the process.
There's no reason whatsoever to defend this company anymore and Todd Howard is the biggest snake oil salesman of the past 20+ years.

I've put 150+hours in Oblivion, 250 hours in FO3 (dlc included) but after that I just couldn't take it anymore.
Well , dont look dated compared to New Vegas or Outher World , even it looks similar to Starfield.

Get your point and for this reason said Fallout never has been a graphics intense IP like God of War. Fallout 4 is when You can tell Bethesta gave up and decided to deliver just average products, this is why Starfield surfers for the same lack of innovation and fun factor.

Last edited:
The only way to be 100% sure, is to delete all mods and do a vanilla start on a complete fresh install which wipes all creation club content. And after its reinstalled, make sure you fully restart the XSX. That's the only way in my mind that I'd be 100% sure the hitching isnt mod or old profile/save related. Its normal to get occasional zone transition momentary judder, but as you say, something isnt right if its every few minutes. I doubt CBBE is doing anything terrible as iirc its just textures and meshes. Unless theres a conflict with the new update....

Before doing all that, it would be worth trying VRR and then if able switching the XSX between 120hz and 60hz output modes too, just to check.
I could just disable them all and just try a vanilla run from the start to the wasteland to see if it continues.

But the thing is I don’t want to risk my settings getting changed on my current save from my mods…even though they’ll probably have a patch next week that fixes the vanilla bugs and breaks everything again for mods and screwing up my save file yet again 🤣

In that case I will just have to go that much hornier…

vOMAQkA.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom