• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So the Fallout 4 Next Gen update ... Cancelled at this point?

DonF

Blud its on route, uncle Phil will come with an update at game awards.
fucking lol, imagine the response.

"bethesda logo, pete hines goes on stage, "today... we are announcing something big *pause for dramatism* * fade to black* *vault opening* XBOX EXCLUSIVE Fallout 4 update"

King Dazzar

As brilliant as my XSX modded version is. I'd love a better vanilla experience, if nothing else so I could play it while trophy hunting too. Fingers crossed that this isnt abandoned.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
As brilliant as my XSX modded version is. I'd love a better vanilla experience, if nothing else so I could play it while trophy hunting too. Fingers crossed that this isnt abandoned.

Which mods do you run on it?

I've only done cursory modding on the console version(s), does if effect performance in a notable way?

King Dazzar

Which mods do you run on it?

I've only done cursory modding on the console version(s), does if effect performance in a notable way?
Checking my mods, I've got 19 installed. Essentially, make sure you dont use FPS Boost. Instead use a 60fps mod, so you retain the 4k resolution. My one is actually using a 720p60fps.esp file, but it retains the 4k. And I use several texture mods, a grass reduction performance improvement mod, no weather mods (they'll compromise stability), a ui mod, a scope mod, an FOV 85 mod and a quicker terminals mod. I also use Auto HDR too.

I get a locked 60fps at 4k everywhere, apart from inside interior of one building. Where it tanks. But its a known problem interior. No issue around the city centre etc.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Even with a next gen update, how much better can it look? Just some boosted textures?

If anyone is waiting, I'd say forget it and just play the game now if youve been itching too. F4 runs slick at 60 fps on Series X/PS5 with small loading times.

When I continued playing Skyrim a year or two ago boosted to 60 fps it was like night and day.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Checking my mods, I've got 19 installed. Essentially, make sure you dont use FPS Boost. Instead use a 60fps mod, so you retain the 4k resolution. My one is actually using a 720p60fps.esp file, but it retains the 4k. And I use several texture mods, a grass reduction performance improvement mod, no weather mods (they'll compromise stability), a ui mod, a scope mod, an FOV 85 mod and a quicker terminals mod. I also use Auto HDR too.

I get a locked 60fps at 4k everywhere, apart from inside interior of one building. Where it tanks. But its a known problem interior. No issue around the city centre etc.

Yeah I've used that 60hz v-sync unlock mod, it's the only one I've used. The FPS boost not only drops the resolution, it also reduces settings like LoD etc to One S level.

The grass reduction mod sounds good, this isn't the kind of game I'm worried about the foliage in for the visual makeup.

King Dazzar

Yeah I've used that 60hz v-sync unlock mod, it's the only one I've used. The FPS boost not only drops the resolution, it also reduces settings like LoD etc to One S level.

The grass reduction mod sounds good, this isn't the kind of game I'm worried about the foliage in for the visual makeup.
Thank goodness you already have a 60fps mod, the most important mod, because the 720p60fps mod that gives you 4k 60fps looks to have gone from the Bethesda mod site. But I've still got it installed. I dont know how you'd download it now...

Yeah the grass reduction mod I used in conjunction with the texture mods and I tested the game for a couple of hundred hours - performance was brilliant. Only one crash in all that time too, which was late game. One crash for a vanilla Bethesda game is great, let alone modded.

Link to grass mod, it helps in specific areas:
Grass Mod

Last edited:

Famipan

Even with a next gen update, how much better can it look? Just some boosted textures?

If anyone is waiting, I'd say forget it and just play the game now if youve been itching too. F4 runs slick at 60 fps on Series X/PS5 with small loading times.

When I continued playing Skyrim a year or two ago boosted to 60 fps it was like night and day.
60fps on PS5? Not what I know

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Maybe a TGA shadow drop at this point? That would be the last moment that makes sense if they plan to release it this year.

Last edited:

OceanGaming

Fallout 3, UE5,

w=363

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It'll be announced at the Game Awards with the FO3 and ESIV remaster........I hope.

-Zelda-

Banned
I am still wondering if Fallout 4 and Skyrim are going to be the last Elder Scrolls and Fallout game we Sony console owners will ever get to play again after the sale. I admit I have not paid much attention, so I do not know what the latest news is there. I don't own an Xbox, nor do I game on PC.

RIPN2022

Wouldn't be surprised if they are delaying it to keep spotlight on Starfield. Fallout is essentially a more polished version of that game.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are delaying it to keep spotlight on Starfield. Fallout is essentially a more polished version of that game.
I think like anything else BGS does, it got announced way too early before they really knew what they were getting themselves into. Or, just as likely, it was planned for this year but things happen internally and it got moved. No doubt it will happen eventually. And the longer it takes, the better it should be.

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

It took them 2 years to release a simple 60fps update for Fallout 76 for PS5, I wouldn't count on a ""next-gen" version anytime soon.

Fallout London mod is coming out on the 23rd of April. Just hope if this update comes out before that it won't completely break it. Ideally it will be a different game like Skyrim: SE.

Last edited:

Superkewl

Gold Member
I am in no hurry for it come out. On series X, I find the 60fps mode works fine. I fear when they try to "optimize" for 4k, the framerate will become unstable again like it was on the previous gen, especially in downtown Boston.

Shut0wen

When did they say summer? That’s news to me.
Was a month after starfield, they said it was delayed by 6 months, 6 months ago then someone who works at bethesda tweeted it was silently delayed again until summer time, wait until the show comes out itll probably get shadow dropped

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Was a month after starfield, they said it was delayed by 6 months, 6 months ago then someone who works at bethesda tweeted it was silently delayed again until summer time, wait until the show comes out itll probably get shadow dropped
Interesting, I hadn’t heard. Any screen captures of that? Not questioning, just want to read it my self.

Top Bottom