• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 - Official E3 2019 Wastelanders Gameplay Trailer | Battle Royale Mode Trailer

Mista

Banned

Bethesda Softworks will release a massive free update for Fallout 76 this fall called “Wastelanders” that “fundamentally changes” the Wasteland, the company announced during its E3 2019 press conference.

Here is a brief overview of the update, via Bethesda Softworks:
One year after the opening of Vault 76, other humans have returned to Appalachia. Factions of Settlers and Raiders aim to make the world their own and claim a rumored fortune. Embark on a new main quest of choice and consequence, interact with characters and their unique stories, discover the faction settlements of Crater and Foundation, and collect powerful new weapons and armor. Your choices decide their fates.

The company also announced a new mode called “Nuclear Winter,” a 52-player battle royal which will be available in a sneak peek from June 10 to 17. Here is an overview of the mode, via Bethesda Softworks:

Nukes have set the world ablaze and the battle to claim your spot as Overseer of Vault 51 has begun – will you be the last one standing or be consumed by the ring of fire? Rank up, unlock exclusive perks and build your C.A.M.P. to weather the storm in true Fallout fashion. Scavenge for weapons, supplies, and nukes to take on other players and creatures and earn unique cosmetic rewards.

Last edited:
I wonder if i have to beat the main quest to get the humans into the game or if its automatic? I quit playing 76 but i will come back for this.

Crowza

I wonder if i have to beat the main quest to get the humans into the game or if its automatic? I quit playing 76 but i will come back for this.

Based on the way the main quest goes in Fallout 76, I don't believe you will need to finish it before the new story launches.

Probably. The main quest is to rid the land of the Scorched plague so that it may be inhabited by humans again. Spoiler: You succeed. Hence, human NPCs are back.

Or maybe they'll have two different world states (plague and post-plague)? I guess we'll see how they handle it.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I’ve been playing on and off since launch for every major content drop and QoL fix. Love the game at this point. Probably put twice the time I put into Fallout 4. It’s the exploration and dynamic world — it can be boring — it can be real chaotic and unpredictable and full of explosions and players. It’s just... different

Excited to try everything shown.

Don’t sleep on 76.... but I’d say jump in with wastelanders... the game is a fucking grind tho...

Fallout 76 putting both Anthem and Division’s free post launch content support to shame honestly. It’s kinda funny to see that bethesda Austin is legitimately trying to clean it up and support something that’s different enough from a destiny or monster hunter for mainstream gamers that I do think it’ll make it.

I wish it looked that good on the pro tho... it does not. It has its moments tho.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Nuclear Winter comes out tomorrow? There’s some confusion...

You can transfer your camps and build in its br mode. There will be monsters, perks, power armor, nukes and other fallout stuff etc... the gunplay and movement isn’t anywhere near ready for competitive pvp of any kind but it should be broken fun.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Bethesda is the dog and the wall is Fallout fans
tenor.gif

VertigoOA

Banned
Didnt they say you can try a fre trial now?, i dont see the option on Bethesda launcher.

Tomorrow.

It won’t be a good way to showcase the game to new players. All the stuff they added that wasn’t quality of life, involves a pretty huge grind if you’re playing solo.

If anything I think it’s to showcase the new br and pvp stuff. Which will obviously launch in beta at best... guaranteed shit show that will blow up servers.

No resources needed to build. Can bring in premade camps and defenses... so we fortnite now. If the gunplay and movement didn’t need a rework ... I could see people eating up a fallout br.

Last edited:
I really don't understand how Bethesda expects this to stand up against everything else coming out this Fall. NPC's and Battle Royale; is that the best Bethesda can do? Fallout 76 is the most disappointing game I've ever experienced. They didn't even give a date on either of the two most popular requests. If they would have announced private servers and modding, that would have been something. That would have given them some momentum.

VertigoOA

Banned
How is FO76 for a solo player?

Wouldn’t suggest it until wastelanders for solo players. Exploration, building and loot grind is its main crutch and experience will be incredibly slow in order to hit what... I think lvl 50 to hit that endgame dungeon. The survival aspect is a huge pain in the early hours from what I remember.

Otherwise it’s mostly a casual experience with little direction other than that you give it. The social aspect has improve significantly with player vending and end game enemy encounters like the sheepsquatch (high level also). They did introduce many of the new quests at low levels tho.

The br mode will grant xp across all modes so that may ease that pain but it took me months to get to high 40s solo. There were tons of exploits where you see lvl 200+ characters but I missed those days. Playing in groups allows you to blow thru I assume.

There’s a raid coming during nuclear winter. They didn’t mention it but they seem to be fans of the silent drops for significant content in the game (which I like but when people don’t know that’s an issue).

Crafting and builds seem far more important in 76 than I Fallout 4 for instance. It’s more challenging than previous games for sure so if you enjoy that aspect of action rpg shooters ... it does that well but it’s an investment.

Better than Anthem.

Last edited:
How is FO76 for a solo player?
I think the other dude is exaggerating quite a bit - the game is fine solo. Most players are solo. And in my experience, most players leave you alone and keep to themselves. I haven't played since they introduced player vending however, so that may have changed.

They're mostly friendly, though (like Todd said at the conference). You may even find a care package on the ground when you exit the vault for the first time.

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
While I feel the game "appears" to be on the right track these moves reek of desperation to get ppl to play the game.

Adding NPC's and dialogue has given me a semi interest in this game.

Top Bottom